• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Lynx Boondocker 4100

snowhunter1

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2009
Fish Lake WA.
Has anybody rode this sled yet? The shop I deal with has one in stock and thinking of picking it up on my way to Island Park for a week. Please let me know.

snowhunter1

Premium Member
Nov 7, 2009
Fish Lake WA.
Kinda ironic that the Husky motos are in the background. Pretty much white KTM and red Skidoo both with different rear suspension and huge marketing budgets.
I ride a Gen 4, there looks like a quite a bit difference in the Lynx to the 4. The skid looks like it could take some serious hits, the tunnel is shorter, fox shocks, the side panels come off really easy but are strapped on tight and I'm know there is more. But it does look really nice, kind of like a Freeride on steroids

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I would take it any day of the week over a skidoo. Like the looks better, they are narrower in the boards and tank area. They are easier to get and keep on edge. They still have the skidoo twitchiness in the front end but it was not the greatest snow. Would love to try one with 34 in front end. The only thing i was comparing it to was a friends 21 turbo. His feels like a boat anchor. Take the lynx any day of the week over his turbo and that motor is awesome. Just thought it was funny how two similar sleds could ride so different. Lynx for me

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I would take it any day of the week over a skidoo. Like the looks better, they are narrower in the boards and tank area. They are easier to get and keep on edge. They still have the skidoo twitchiness in the front end but it was not the greatest snow. Would love to try one with 34 in front end. The only thing i was comparing it to was a friends 21 turbo. His feels like a boat anchor. Take the lynx any day of the week over his turbo and that motor is awesome. Just thought it was funny how two similar sleds could ride so different. Lynx for me
Were they both stock any mods like clutching? Will a Skidoo front suspension fit on a lynx?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
They are both bone stock. That is why i sold my 2020.5 turbo. Power is awesome but like i said it felt like a boat anchor. Had 5 gen 4s counting the turbo. Limiter full long and softened rear plus more pre load on fts. Maybe because i was riding an alpha for 2 year and it is so much easier than anything else, i don't know. I know my wife didn't like her expert or the turbo and that is all she rode since 17. She's on a 165 kaos now. The front suspension is the same. I am probably going to give the lynx a go for next year. I will put 34 inch arms and zrp spindles on it. Possibly mohawks. Hopefully that gets rid of the twitchy front end. That is the only problem I have with doo. I actually believe that doo needs the narrow front end because everyone else has caught up and is easier.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
They are wider. I don't know if they are any better. I never looked at bottom of them in person. Seems like they don't have the insanely deep keel as the doo. I ran it through some tracked out or pounded out snow and it still has that doo twitchiness which i think is in the spindle. It might not be as bad as the turbo. That is why i wouldn't mind trying a set of mohawks and spindles. I assure you it is easier to get on edge and keep it there.. it just seems like an easier and better riding doo. Kind of like my wife's kaos 165 just seems like an easier riding Polaris.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Looks like it works well in crazy deep snow! Check out this video! I kinda want to move to Revelstoke!

Awesome video, not the greatest "review", but they acknowledged that. Its is really hard to compare sleds in those kinds of conditions. They all seemed to like it though.

I'd say the star of that video was the turbo around the 15 minute mark. They just run flawless.

Twistgrip

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2012
Awesome video, not the greatest "review", but they acknowledged that. Its is really hard to compare sleds in those kinds of conditions. They all seemed to like it though.

I'd say the star of that video was the turbo around the 15 minute mark. They just run flawless.
I would say not the greatest review either but you can't compare it to the 850 turbo either. It looked like the Lynx did a great job in the deep though. Anyhow, I ordered a 3900 boondocker!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I think it’s great there’s finally an energetic talented rider in North America representing BRP / LYNX.

Roscoe hopefully will bring some technical riding influence to the platform.

Premium Features