• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A-arm upgrade

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
Toasted my 3rd a-arm and I am planning to go to aftermarket. I like the look of the stock arms, but hoping to find something a little more durable, without being too strong. I have used Alternate impact react a-arm and it has been great, I just don't love the look of the heim joint/ball.

Wondering if anyone has any feedback on

ZRP billet lower arm set. Cost is $920 with ball joint installed. https://zollingerracingproducts.com/axys-rmk-37-react-high-clearance-billet-lower-a-arm-set/

Raptor Hellfire billet complete set. cost is $995 with ball joint installed, but also get upper arms. https://www.raptorshocks.com/product/raptor-37-r-hellfire-billet-suspension/

Thanks. Hoping to get something that will last till I sell the sled and look great also. This will go on a 2020 850 Khaos 155"

goforbroke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Highland, UT
I called Iceage and they said it will likely be more than a month till they have arms ready to ship. I like the look and price of those.

d8grandpa

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 27, 2010
Alberta
I use B PWR, can buy lowers separate. I have done hand stands over the bars hitting **** and haven’t had to replace yet. Had them on my 2019 and now on my 2021.

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
First thing I did to my 2021 Khaos is by alternative impact high clearance a arms. $600 with extra HAIM joints. I’ll sell my brand new lowers for $200 a piece all day long. Now I have a Front end that I can repair on the mountain and keep on riding the rest of the day.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
First thing I did to my 2021 Khaos is by alternative impact high clearance a arms. $600 with extra HAIM joints. I’ll sell my brand new lowers for $200 a piece all day long. Now I have a Front end that I can repair on the mountain and keep on riding the rest of the day.
Hopefully you still bring spares... just cuz you have heim joints that occasionally break doesn't mean you can't bend an a arm. I bent 2 alt lowers in two rides.

Track Man

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2007
Coppins Meadow
You have to hit the A-I awful hard to break one. Yes I do bring spares for all my sleds. You barely hit something with Polaris a arms in the band Or break.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Yep the Trex arms are much better.

Cheaper too......
I guess that wasn't my point, I think Alt Impact a arms are great. Dans customer service is top notch, along with his product.

Some people seem to think that you can't bend an a arm because it has heim joints, thats not the case. Both of the arms I bent were ski ONLY hits.

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
I bent a full solid chromoly a arm from a ski hit....people seem to think with no helm joint they will never benr a a-arm that's not true

if I sound silly....look at your post

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I bent a full solid chromoly a arm from a ski hit....people seem to think with no helm joint they will never benr a a-arm that's not true

if I sound silly....look at your post
I don't get it, over my head I guess.

Dude said he can repair his front end on the mountain... I recommended to still carry spare a arms.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I guess that wasn't my point, I think Alt Impact a arms are great. Dans customer service is top notch, along with his product.

Some people seem to think that you can't bend an a arm because it has heim joints, thats not the case. Both of the arms I bent were ski ONLY hits.

Dans arms are weak.

That’s my point. ?

Absolutely nothing wrong with his customer service.

I simply want stronger ones......

E
Aug 20, 2011
Soo/Menominee MI
Ive been been tweaking my trex fab a arms, and snapping the upper bolts on somewhat hard hits. I Havent actually broke any heim joints, instead they try and rip out of threaded portion. Not crazy about that, I keep a spare bolt on me now so i can get through. Downside is, it seems to really f up the top mounting surface of thy spindle.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
These are all black anodized now.

Why mess around with aftermarket when you can get replacements from any Polaris dealer if you still manage to fold an A-Arm with the braces on?

tahoe151

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Truckee
Running raptors, hit a tree broke my spindle in half a arms still perfect. Two hard hits this year and a arms and bulkhead still perfect.

F
Jan 3, 2008
If the A-Arms are too strong will the mounting points to the body start breaking? Seems like you want the A-Arm to bend before damaging the bulkhead. What is the goldilocks A-Arm for this? Not too strong but not too weak?

Premium Features