• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2022 Polaris Turbo Matryx..

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
My confidence level is pretty strong on this one. I do not have the fine details, exact boost, exact warranty, but I strongly suspect your going to get a higher performing turbo than what Doo is currently offering. I expect the Poo faithful will be quite happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is what I heard too. Definitely outperforms the Doo turbo and it is coming this year. Guess we'll wait and see. Price point will be interesting to see ...

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
The 2020.5 only had 1 year to start.
As far as definitely out performs the doo, that is like going to a place and asking if the food is any good. Anybody that knows isn't talking.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
I've noticed a few of the RMSHA racers have an interesting intake design on their turbo mod sleds. Not sure what the rules are on mods, but I wonder if they're testing some secret prototype turbo setups under the hood.

Screenshot_20210220-203240_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20210220-204033_Instagram.jpg Screenshot_20210220-205010_Instagram.jpg

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
If that were the case, I would imagine there have been YEARS of testing before going to market and we'd see strange intakes long before this year. ?

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
If that were the case, I would imagine there have been YEARS of testing before going to market and we'd see strange intakes long before this year. ?

Much like the "years" of testing on the 850?

They are playing catch up, and it feels like they are getting desperate.

I have no doubt one day their offerings will be better than the competition, but it'll take some customer R&D to get there.

T
Nov 11, 2008

I have no doubt one day their offerings will be better than the competition, but it'll take some customer R&D to get there.

Who is getting desperate? Skidoo fan boys wanting everyone else to “catch up”?

Lol Polaris isn’t desperate. Sure they lost a few sales of guys wanting a factory turbo this year. Probably a good thing considered how late some snow checks were delivered but I doubt they felt much of an impact in overall sales. I don’t see a lack of 21’s out there especially Khaos’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I say good chance of a turbo this year, but I'm not convinced yet. I guarantee they've got turbo prototypes, and have for years, but there's the question of emissions and rideability. Either way, it's definitely coming, and Doo will be pushing more boost at some point too. Could see Poo with more top-end power, Doo being more responsive. We'll see soon enough...

J
Dec 23, 2018
Chris is pretty on point with his prediction. I have a buddy with some pretty good connections and he has ridden with a sled pretty close to what he has been describing. From the details I have been given it's a short tunnel Matryx chassis, small turbo for response, selectable boost and it should be around 200hp. My buddy didn't get to throw a leg over it but got to see it in action. He said it was really impressive and come out of the snow like nothing he has ever seen. Hopefully Polaris can offer some decent warranty.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
There are different stages of testing/prototyping. I could see racing as a final torture test for new stuff before it comes to market.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I've noticed a few of the RMSHA racers have an interesting intake design on their turbo mod sleds. Not sure what the rules are on mods, but I wonder if they're testing some secret prototype turbo setups under the hood.
My bet is if they have one it's in those sleds. Keith curtis could ride a Yamaha and still win.

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
Both those sleds have the skinz helium hood. That vent your seeing looks aftermarket (Fire/Ice, Skinz, BD.....). I'd be highly surprised if Polaris put on their factory showroom fleet, its asking for a tree branch to punch through it.

Turbo Mod AKA Open Mod means anything goes!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont

Polaris had the 850 on the snow for 5 years before it was released to the public in Feb 2018.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
Both those sleds have the skinz helium hood. That vent your seeing looks aftermarket (Fire/Ice, Skinz, BD.....). I'd be highly surprised if Polaris put on their factory showroom fleet, its asking for a tree branch to punch through it.

Turbo Mod AKA Open Mod means anything goes!
I don't think it matters so much that the hood is aftermarket or the vent looks flimsy, I think it's just the fact that it's there, the actual items being tested would be hidden under the hood.

If you look at this year's matryx trail sleds, they have a giant glove box right about where that intake would be. I'm thinking that would be a prime location for an air intake for a factory turbo.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
There are different stages of testing/prototyping. I could see racing as a final torture test for new stuff before it comes to market.
I could see that being a couple or more years of putting in their athletes hands before it goes to public release.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I don't think it matters so much that the hood is aftermarket or the vent looks flimsy, I think it's just the fact that it's there, the actual items being tested would be hidden under the hood.

If you look at this year's matryx trail sleds, they have a giant glove box right about where that intake would be. I'm thinking that would be a prime location for an air intake for a factory turbo.
On the 2021 Matryx, where is the air intake?

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
My bet is it is the same on the inside. Just the outside air vent is different. The turbo would get a remodel. The matryx is just remodeled plastic with a narrow seat and tank. Those helium hoods are awesome with the storage they have. My wife wants one.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
I could see that being a couple or more years of putting in their athletes hands before it goes to public release.
Yeah same. I'd kinda be surprised to see a new Matryx RMK and a turbo released in the same year. Like Turboless Terry said, I bet they hold off on the turbo for a year or 2.

On the 2021 Matryx, where is the air intake?
Hard to tell from pics, but looks like it's in the same place as the Axys but a larger vent. Haven't seen one in person though.

Y
Jan 4, 2009

How are they playing catch up? Skidoo even with their turbo can't win a hillclimb race to save thier life. Look at the current hillclimb
season. I ride with all Ski Doos every weekend, they are great sleds and out number all other brands here, but the current 850 RMK out of the box works well.

Premium Features