• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New flash for the 21 Patriot

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Had my 20 flashed and runs like a top. Zero issues and starts good. It is definitely using less oil and is running not as rich.

S
Nov 15, 2010
So I hope Bikeman looks into this flash and lets us know the changes from the 2020.5 and 21 production flash.
Just to clarify, is there a new flash for the 21's or are you saying the 21 flash is available for the 20 and older sleds. I'm extremely curious because I have a 21 165 2.75" khaos which I absolutely love other than the fat burbly rich feeling in low mid range especially going downhill but sled never really seems to totally load up which is nice, and the fact you need to run the track turbo tight for which i have just put the avid extroverts on so that track lasts more than 1 season which I don't anticipate they will. Although i have gone through 2 sets of plugs in 600 miles. Cheers

S
Nov 15, 2010
There is a new flash just released for the 21 sleds. So I guess we can call it 21.5 flash. I don't know if they will flash older sleds though but my dealer said come in and get it.
Sweet! I had contacted my dealer and they had no clue about it. He was checking into it but have not heard back yet. Just out of curiosity, where's your dealership located if you don't mind saying? Thanks

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Hasn’t this engine been out 3 years now, and they are still working on a fuel map? We were at a rental shop in West Yellowstone, and every night they have to pull their fleet of Polaris 850’s in so they will all start in the morning. I wanted to try Polaris again, but I have no faith in that motor.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
My dealer just got back to me and said they did just get notice of a new flash just released but it is to address the issue of difficulty re-starting the sled once its up to temp and it applies to MY 2019-2021. Do you know if this is the same flash you're referring to? Thanks
Not sure but hard starting and the need to hold the throttle open some indicates a rich condition to me and the fat bottom end guys are experiencing is also a rich condition so I assume this is the flash I need.

F

freerideordie

Dec 24, 2007
B.C.
da82c4287cfffe040c00ef18dc7e4736.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Hasn’t this engine been out 3 years now, and they are still working on a fuel map? We were at a rental shop in West Yellowstone, and every night they have to pull their fleet of Polaris 850’s in so they will all start in the morning. I wanted to try Polaris again, but I have no faith in that motor.

I wonder if they are using different parts suppliers and that accounts for the variations that need to be addressed with the constant fuel map updates?

Solby

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
I've had three different maps on my 2019 850. Seems like each one is a little better, but like the one previous to this there is something left to be desired. In my case it is the hot start takes a little throttle and a few pulls. Maybe this one is the solution.

go-on-two

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
bc canada
Booked in this week for the latest (PBR) SSA-21-01 re-flash, hope this cleans things up. Sled is a 2020 850 with the 21 flash, but still has a few issues with starting warm etc.
Will report back after a weekend ride!!

Premium Features