• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Safety Tether Install

G
Jan 10, 2020
I bought a safety tether for my 99 600 rmk and now need help installing it. I viewed many utube videos, but I could not find one for my machine. I checked the ignition wiring and I found a 2 wire plug just hanging off of the ignition. I was going to plug these together and see if it works but both have 2 blades but, the connectors don't match. Probably not a good idea to just plug unknown wires together anyway. So I sure would appreciate that someone here knows what I am talking about and can help me out with the wiring. TX

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I bought a safety tether for my 99 600 rmk and now need help installing it. I viewed many utube videos, but I could not find one for my machine. I checked the ignition wiring and I found a 2 wire plug just hanging off of the ignition. I was going to plug these together and see if it works but both have 2 blades but, the connectors don't match. Probably not a good idea to just plug unknown wires together anyway. So I sure would appreciate that someone here knows what I am talking about and can help me out with the wiring. TX
I don't know when Polaris started including a tether plug into their harness but you can always wire your tether across the red kill switch too. Make sure it is closed to kill and your tether is also closed to kill.

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
On my '02 I found a couple dead-end wires, one black, one brown, that were connected to the kill circuit and ground, respectively. So all I had to do was put the right terminals on the ends of the tether. You might have found the same thing; the plug that came on my tether didn't match either, and I just got rid of it. By the way, I hope you got the one with the black cap. The red caps get loose and will cause intermittent cut-outs as you move around, and won't work at all after a year or two.

Premium Features