• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Anyone gone Khaos back to Pro?

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin
Had a chance to ride a Khaos for the first time last weekend but snow was junk and it wouldn't have been a true test so I passed. That said, I'm trying to decide what to go with for my next sled and am wondering if anyone has gone to Khaos then back to Pro for whatever reason. I've been riding 155 Assaults/Pros for the last few years FWIW.
Be safe, pray for snow, TIA.

west dreams

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2009
Becker, Mn.
I will be snow checking this spring, I finally decided to go with the Khaos over the Pro. Have been on a 155 RMk for the last 10 years, keep going back and forth 155 or 165 it stressing me out! Every time I think I have it figured out than I watch a video and think man the 155 kinda sucks I'm going 165 than I watch another video and its like man that 155 is awesome. I ride mostly trees, nothing Burandt-ish but for me I defiantly like to get out of my comfort zone and try and exceed my abilities at times. I'm leaning 165 but who knows, lots of time left to change my mind about a million more times.

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin
I would still get the khaos, but i would get a 163/165 over the 155.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Funny you say that, the Khaos I was going to ride was my brothers that he snow checked this year. When he was trying to decide what to get he talked to Burandt at a dealer show and he told my brother the 163/5 Khaos rides like a 155 Pro. He also recommended staying with the 2.6. That's what he ended up getting and he said he'd get the same thing if he had to do it over again.

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin
I will be snow checking this spring, I finally decided to go with the Khaos over the Pro. Have been on a 155 RMk for the last 10 years, keep going back and forth 155 or 165 it stressing me out! Every time I think I have it figured out than I watch a video and think man the 155 kinda sucks I'm going 165 than I watch another video and its like man that 155 is awesome. I ride mostly trees, nothing Burandt-ish but for me I defiantly like to get out of my comfort zone and try and exceed my abilities at times. I'm leaning 165 but who knows, lots of time left to change my mind about a million more times.
Are you inside my mind? All of this is exactly me.

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
If Polaris doesn't shorten the tunnel. I would get a 155 and throw a 165 IceAge Khaos rail under it. Buy the normal PRO. Upgrade shocks and longer track and skid and you'd have a killer set up. Note: IceAges limit strap is now adjustable. PRO setting - Khaos setting and crazy Khaos setting. :)

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I ride my 165 Khaos for a couple days and then jump on my 174 Pro RMK for a day to rest. The Khaos is fun but beats me up as it does not ride as smooth and it reacts faster. The series 8 track works good but it does vibrate more due to the drivers. This also wears on a guy a bit. As far as handling goes the Khoas suspension can be set so you wouldn't even know it isn't a standard RMK. Lift or no lift depending on how you set it and it climbs very well. I thought it would suck on the climbs.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Funny you say that, the Khaos I was going to ride was my brothers that he snow checked this year. When he was trying to decide what to get he talked to Burandt at a dealer show and he told my brother the 163/5 Khaos rides like a 155 Pro. He also recommended staying with the 2.6. That's what he ended up getting and he said he'd get the same thing if he had to do it over again.
My khaos is a 155, its alot of fun, but there have been a few instances that the guys on th 163s and 165s just outclimb me all day, even the guy on the pro 155 has an easier time, i have to take more pokes at the hill to get over. I did however cut my tunnel and dont run a flap, so that likely doesnt help, if i had to do it over again i wouldnt have cut the tunnel and i would have put a 163 on the sled.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
I have been alternating between a 155x3" Khaos, 163 x2.6" Khaos and a 163x3" QD2 Pro.

If you have steep, sketchy, "must make this hill to get to a cool area" things to do....the Pro is still the place to be. If you want to goof around and hit jumps, do wheelies, whatever, the Khaos is a fun sled. The Khaos 163 is somewhere in the middle, and I *think* that's where I would go if I had to pick 1. But that 163x3 QD2 is a damn nice sled to ride, and the factory suspension spec is more neutral and sorted IMO.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
I have been alternating between a 155x3" Khaos, 163 x2.6" Khaos and a 163x3" QD2 Pro.

If you have steep, sketchy, "must make this hill to get to a cool area" things to do....the Pro is still the place to be. If you want to goof around and hit jumps, do wheelies, whatever, the Khaos is a fun sled. The Khaos 163 is somewhere in the middle, and I *think* that's where I would go if I had to pick 1. But that 163x3 QD2 is a damn nice sled to ride, and the factory suspension spec is more neutral and sorted IMO.
I do not like the 163 x 3" It trenches too much for me. On the 174 the length of the track overcomes that tendency.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
It does do that to an extent, but still gets where it's going 95% of the time. In doing so, it also has a little more initial "bite," and seems to pick up the front end a bit more on a quick throttle jab for a little popper, particularly with the QD2. So that's kinda fun. Haven't tried the 2.75" track, I would hope it's a nice middle ground between the 2.6" and 3"

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Still waiting for a really good review of the Khaos with the elevate spindles. I have a 163 3 inch pro I’m converting to a khaos I am getting ready to put the spindles on, just curious how it’s gonna react

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
My wife's 165 just seems like a easier riding pro. Nothing you can't play on. The spindles seem like they are just going to make it heavier steering. When i put the elevate on my alpha, i dropped the front and rear. You are just raising the front. I don't need heavier steering. My shoulders hurt enough. Good luck. They definitely look better.

kylant

Lifetime Membership
Mar 4, 2011
CA
i have noticed the Khaos geometry trenches way more in deep snow than the pro
have to get really far forward.
i'm not convinced yet

Premium Features