• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

850 Khaos Supercharged Speedwerx Procharger

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
I want to post about my experience with the Speedwerx Procharger for a 850 Polaris and so others can communicate the issues or tuning recommendations and helpful experience with them..
Install is pretty straightforward but you have to be a Experienced Mechanic to do the install .
Install is easy but the tools needed are not in common boxes. And this is a very meticulous install, most hardware is only accessable by fingers. A set of ball end Allen Wrenches is a very good idea.

Very Very Important things to know during install ..

The Supercharger Drive belt goes around the large lug on tbe Drive Adapter that is over the flywheel . If you miss this you have to reinstall the entire kit !! READ THIS AGAIN!

Bolt the tensioner on before installing the drive adapter !!
Can be done after but VERY tight .

The "Recoil Bushing" is in the bag with the silencer rubber bushings. Might not be in some kits but mine was.

Rubber Washer goes under the coolant cap. This is Not stated in original instructions.

The Intake housing comes off very easily and needs to point at the steering post . There are two holes on the intake housing that will need 5/16 plugs with locktight. This can be fixed after install easily, just take all cap screws out and remove housing. ( Charge tube. Intake tube and Silencer removed also) The Threaded Holes are open to the boost so must be plugged. One is on the top front position and another pointed at the top RH a arm .

If you install the recoil as described in the instructions it is very hard to get at the Drive Adapter mounting Bolts.( Have to rotate recoil cover to access each Drive Adapter mounting bolt)
A way easier way is you can remove the two rear motor mounts and RH front ( two torx bolts on belly by R FR suspension mount) and lift the engine far enough to install everything easily ( If I do another I would start with this as a pre install step. It would save 4-5 hours)
I would also include leave the Bottle to Pump hose removed till the end before the brace install and after drive belt adjustment.

Recoil spring rewind is done easily with two screws in a board and a straight edge to keep the coil all flat while tightening. ( OMG What A PITA)

Mount the AUX injector controller low. The headlights will hit it if mounted to high.

The silencer Brace is a aluminum bar ( not shown in instructions) With four large holes milled in it. Instructions describe installing silencer to it with supplied Bushings/Pins and bolting to chassis last .Easier to just Bolt the brace on and install the silencer pins after careful silencer install .

2.5 ounces of oil fill, but 10 ounces are included .. 500 miles or each season change recommended.

Intake Elbow is very tight to, if not hitting side panel. I trimmed the 90 at the intake housing to get it as tight as possible but a flatter transition would help ( going to experiment with heat and some trimming on the panel if possible but I think it might "WEAR IN" .. going to try a Duramax LBZ Intake Elbow or similar.

Overall I'm impressed with the workmanship and fit.
Will report back on how it works after ECM is returned.

HCR10

Premium Member
Jan 21, 2011
Draper UT
www.comfortchampions.com
I found all the same things on mine during install but finished product is very clean. After installing a SC you fully understand why they cost so much the amount of parts and engineering it took to make it all work and fit in there plus run amazing. Hat off to speedwerx great product o and it runs on true pump gas if you add that expense up over a couple good seasons its no more cost then a buying a turbo kit. It cost me $25 per day to ride SC and $75 per day on turbo on race fuel.

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
Any seat time on the SC Beast yet? I was thinking about that setup for my next sled. Is it more ‘Crisp’ than a turbo? Very interested in hearing about it.

HCR10

Premium Member
Jan 21, 2011
Draper UT
www.comfortchampions.com
Longhorn XC. I have around 150 miles on SC and it's a rocket. The only thing I have negative to say about it I was not a fan of the clutch setup it came with to high of engagement 4500 rpm and flattened out a little on the top end. That was a simple fix and now it's a rocket. It's like having a 200+ hp NA sled and it runs on pump gas with 8 pound pulley at 6000' and above. I have had a turbo sled in the trailer for the last 10 years and thought I would never ride anything else but now I have a hard time getting back on my turbo because tbe bottom end is nothing like the SC.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
The supercharger has better bottom end than skidoo turbo. I'm sure the vcs is probably the same response as doo 850t. Response is great compared to others turboes for that split second. Supercharger is instant or now.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I haven't tested side by side but i had a 2020.5 and numerous other turboed sleds. My buddy had a supercharger that i rode most days when we were out. My 18 silber 850 lost a split second of that quick grunt they have stock. The 850t retains most of it but i don't think all. The supercharger is on a whole other level and spools faster. You get pop off of anything where the turbo just wheelies because it's still spooling. The 850t is awesome. I just don't like the rest of the sled. I would rather ride my alpha or my wife's kaos.

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
my riding buddy has SC alpha, its nuts, runs spot on. absolute wild ride, would have no doubts on runability of Polaris setup unfortunately the price and the fuel consumption will probably keep me off one. on a good powder day. a full tank, and big mountain addiction jerry can is not enough. packing extra jerry can and doing fuel drop is easy solution except where we do a loop instead of in/out trail

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I haven't tested side by side but i had a 2020.5 and numerous other turboed sleds. My buddy had a supercharger that i rode most days when we were out. My 18 silber 850 lost a split second of that quick grunt they have stock. The 850t retains most of it but i don't think all. The supercharger is on a whole other level and spools faster. You get pop off of anything where the turbo just wheelies because it's still spooling. The 850t is awesome. I just don't like the rest of the sled. I would rather ride my alpha or my wife's kaos.

Interesting.

I just spool early and pop off things.

No lag would be cool.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
my riding buddy has SC alpha, its nuts, runs spot on. absolute wild ride, would have no doubts on runability of Polaris setup unfortunately the price and the fuel consumption will probably keep me off one. on a good powder day. a full tank, and big mountain addiction jerry can is not enough. packing extra jerry can and doing fuel drop is easy solution except where we do a loop instead of in/out trail
Yep, the 2 downfalls. Price and fuel consumption

Premium Features