• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowmobile Gear/Brand Advice

roughrider99

Lifetime Membership
Jan 9, 2008
Fernie,BC
I tried on a Tobe vivid mono suit today, it was comfy, fit well. It had the cordura shell which is more durable but did not feel as strong as klim’s shell. The venting seemed poor anyone have issues with getting hot? With my klim bibs and coat I run front and rear vents open until it hits -20c and only wear a super thin smart wool base layer. I wanna try the mono suit but worried about how hot and sweaty I’ll get with only 1 set of vents.

can anyone attest to how well the shell layer actually breathes?

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
I'm a walking Klim ad. 10+ yrs of being totally dry (unless I go with incorrect layering). For the boots - I had a pair of Klim Adrenaline GTX boots for maybe 7-8 years. Bought the exact same model again - just as happy. I did NOT get talked into some of the new models with the cable systems to tighten the boot. From past downhill ski days, it's very easy to make the boot too tight and end up very uncomfortable. fFr that reason, I won't buy "cable boots". The Adrenaline GTX is the best !

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
I've been really happy with my 509 mono suit after three rides this season. I have KLIM boots and they are awesome. Like you I took a break from sledding for 20 years and just got back into it. Newer gear is so much lighter then what I used to wear. Getting back into sledding has also re-inspired my weight loss. I'm down 130 pounds from when I was sledding 20 years ago and 40 of it I lost since March getting ready for this season. Nice that your back sledding!!!!! ENJOY

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I'm a walking Klim ad. 10+ yrs of being totally dry (unless I go with incorrect layering). For the boots - I had a pair of Klim Adrenaline GTX boots for maybe 7-8 years. Bought the exact same model again - just as happy. I did NOT get talked into some of the new models with the cable systems to tighten the boot. From past downhill ski days, it's very easy to make the boot too tight and end up very uncomfortable. fFr that reason, I won't buy "cable boots". The Adrenaline GTX is the best !
Well that was silly... BOA boots rock. 100% worth the price. I seriously will not even consider laces anymore. On my 3rd pair. The best part about them is that you can get them nice and tight, and they STAY tight, ALL day.

I’m also a bit of a Klim poster boy... I really believe in the stuff. Always dry, and thats what matters at the end of the day.

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Well that was silly... BOA boots rock. 100% worth the price. I seriously will not even consider laces anymore. On my 3rd pair. The best part about them is that you can get them nice and tight, and they STAY tight, ALL day.

I’m also a bit of a Klim poster boy... I really believe in the stuff. Always dry, and thats what matters at the end of the day.

Boa system is so convenient. Love them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN

Boa system is so convenient. Love them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not questioning the potential for a boot with a cable tightening system to work. I know they work for many people and like you guys, most love them. Just doesn't work for me/my foot (wish it did). The issue of "high arches" impacts many different shoe/boots I have tried, more than "cable boots". Too tight on the top of my foot while loose elsewhere.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Not questioning the potential for a boot with a cable tightening system to work. I know they work for many people and like you guys, most love them. Just doesn't work for me/my foot (wish it did). The issue of "high arches" impacts many different shoe/boots I have tried, more than "cable boots". Too tight on the top of my foot while loose elsewhere.
Have you tried the Klim BOAs on? There are two tensioners, one for the top of the foot and one for the above the ankle. Way better adjustability than laces that tighten everything together.

R
Mar 15, 2008
Have you tried the Klim BOAs on? There are two tensioners, one for the top of the foot and one for the above the ankle. Way better adjustability than laces that tighten everything together.

I agree, these are the boots I have and they’re great for me. Even with my high arches. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
I have foot issues as well. Can't go anywhere without orthotics in my shoes. My orthotics wouldn't fit in my KLIM boots - so I took them to my orthotic guy in Seattle - and we fit an off the shelf orthotic that has a little golf ball in our shoe feel at first to support - been riding four time with them so far this year and they work great.

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN

No. I have not even tried them. Admittedly, I write them off as soon as I see that its a cable system. However, in fairness, sounds like I should at least give them a chance give the 2 diff tensioners. Its been a long time since I tried a boot like this, and perhaps things have changed. Sticking with a laced boot isn't the end of the world. But at the same time, your convincing me to go try them on. I'm a big promoter of Klim in general. Perhaps my skepticism isn't warranted any more.

jtpolaris

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
ND
www.dirtracing17.com
I switched from the laced klims to klim boas last year and they are much better and with the top and bottom adjustment you can get them how tight or loose you want and they seem to stay where you want them better then laces.

Premium Features