• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Any Snowchecks still waiting and any word?

96STOMMY96

Dec 3, 2020
Idaho Falls
Where to start? What has become and seems like a nightmare at this point. Lets start from the beginning, got my deposit in and order through my local dealer before Polaris's original deadline before they extended it to May 1st. October rolls around and I still haven't heard anything from my dealer or Polaris. I made a trip to my dealer to see if there was any word on my sled yet. Got told the basic they're starting to roll some out just keep watching your email you should be getting an email from Polaris! October rolls past still no email (I know they were running behind due to covid so no issues there, obviously cant control that). Mid November still nothing so I sent an email to Polaris themselves to track down my sled, and the ending result was the guy could not find an order through my dealer for a 165" 2.75 QD2 Axys all black with the PIDD Gauge, also all 165's had already been shipped back in August and September and no new orders according to his sells and shipping info on my dealer that he provided in his email for me and yes I provided dealer # name and address. So I went in again to my dealer and got told this weekend or the next it should be here and how the sleds are showing up with no shocks (which isn't an issue I have FOX shocks for it so slap em on and call it good) , well still no email and no sled. I asked the dealer if the order was placed and if it is indeed on its way and they reassured me its coming. Well I stopped by again Monday the 30th with it being Polaris's last guaranteed shipped by date before I get my $500 back to see if it had shown up and to no avail its not there but supposedly was shipped the previous Friday the 27th, but no email. Here we are today the 3rd of December and no sled still. Having a hard time believing what's said after being told every week a different date of delivery.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
We're in the middle of a pandemic.

ANY time you snowcheck a sled there is no guarantee that you will get your sled by a certain date. You should have known when you placed the order there was a decent chance this situation would happen, given the circumstances.

Be sure to collect your $500.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
We're in the middle of a fake pandemic.

ANY time you snowcheck a sled there is no guarantee that you will get your sled by a certain date. You should have known when you placed the order there was a decent chance this situation would happen, given the circumstances.

Be sure to collect your $500.

Fixed it for ya.

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
well you may not get your $500 either...

I finally managed to track my sled through polaris owner connection. It's on a truck not far from my dealer ... it was shipped Nov 21, and according to polaris, my shocks were shipped on the 30th so I'm not eligible for $500 .. but thats ok. Promise made, promise kept ... i'll have my sled, a little late and my shocks aren't far behind.

Only thing that pisses me off is that they sent out in season / showroom sleds before snowchecks. And another weird thing is that some people who got their sleds shipped after mine, got them way sooner and ahead of my delivery truck ...

I have missed out on a few very good days of riding here in BC... but hey, I could've also totaled my sled by now if I had it in the garage hahaha

maybe they did me a favor.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana
Where to start? What has become and seems like a nightmare at this point. Lets start from the beginning, got my deposit in and order through my local dealer before Polaris's original deadline before they extended it to May 1st. October rolls around and I still haven't heard anything from my dealer or Polaris. I made a trip to my dealer to see if there was any word on my sled yet. Got told the basic they're starting to roll some out just keep watching your email you should be getting an email from Polaris! October rolls past still no email (I know they were running behind due to covid so no issues there, obviously cant control that). Mid November still nothing so I sent an email to Polaris themselves to track down my sled, and the ending result was the guy could not find an order through my dealer for a 165" 2.75 QD2 Axys all black with the PIDD Gauge, also all 165's had already been shipped back in August and September and no new orders according to his sells and shipping info on my dealer that he provided in his email for me and yes I provided dealer # name and address. So I went in again to my dealer and got told this weekend or the next it should be here and how the sleds are showing up with no shocks (which isn't an issue I have FOX shocks for it so slap em on and call it good) , well still no email and no sled. I asked the dealer if the order was placed and if it is indeed on its way and they reassured me its coming. Well I stopped by again Monday the 30th with it being Polaris's last guaranteed shipped by date before I get my $500 back to see if it had shown up and to no avail its not there but supposedly was shipped the previous Friday the 27th, but no email. Here we are today the 3rd of December and no sled still. Having a hard time believing what's said after being told every week a different date of delivery.

Did you get the email from snow check time of confirmation of your order? You should have received that. If not the order was not placed or the dealer did not put your email address down on the form. I had that happen once, I was not receiving emails and found out that the email did not get put on the form..

96STOMMY96

Dec 3, 2020
Idaho Falls
Did you get the email from snow check time of confirmation of your order? You should have received that. If not the order was not placed or the dealer did not put your email address down on the form. I had that happen once, I was not receiving emails and found out that the email did not get put on the form..
Thats originally what i thought as well was the dealer didn’t do that for me, but they have my email in the system and email on the snowcheck order form. Could they have monkied up and not put it in im sure they could have.

96STOMMY96

Dec 3, 2020
Idaho Falls
well you may not get your $500 either...

I finally managed to track my sled through polaris owner connection. It's on a truck not far from my dealer ... it was shipped Nov 21, and according to polaris, my shocks were shipped on the 30th so I'm not eligible for $500 .. but thats ok. Promise made, promise kept ... i'll have my sled, a little late and my shocks aren't far behind.

Only thing that pisses me off is that they sent out in season / showroom sleds before snowchecks. And another weird thing is that some people who got their sleds shipped after mine, got them way sooner and ahead of my delivery truck ...

I have missed out on a few very good days of riding here in BC... but hey, I could've also totaled my sled by now if I had it in the garage hahaha

maybe they did me a favor.
I heard from them again today, supposedly all of their snowchecks are sitting at a distributor in Utah waiting for shocks which walker evans is located in California and California is messed up right now with restrictions. So time will tell, untik then i guess im stuck twiddling my thumbs and hoping it keeps snowing some more in the mean time. Slowly but surely itll get here just hoping its before the holidays.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I heard from them again today, supposedly all of their snowchecks are sitting at a distributor in Utah waiting for shocks which walker evans is located in California and California is messed up right now with restrictions. So time will tell, untik then i guess im stuck twiddling my thumbs and hoping it keeps snowing some more in the mean time. Slowly but surely itll get here just hoping its before the holidays.
Thank Gavin Newsom

S
Dec 16, 2011
Eastern Washingtom
Just putting this out there. I have two sets of brand new walker evans monotube take offs for axys PRO RMK non Kaos I would be willing to ship out if it’s preventing someone from riding. Just pay the shipping and return shipping when yours came in. I would also sell them very reasonable too. In one set the center track shock was used for about 50 miles

T
Nov 11, 2008
I am not saying this is the case but there is still lots of misinformation out there in the snowcheck guarantee.

“Shipment Guarantee
SnowCheck orders placed by April 15, 2020, are guaranteed to ship by Nov. 30. If your order is not delivered on time, you will receive a $500 Polaris gift card.”

I have talked to people only to find out they snowchecked after April 15th so they were worked up about the guarantee and maybe not getting the $500 and not even eligible for it.

I just wanted to ad, my snowcheck was processed on March 12th. My Polaris email came that day with my order status confirmed. I don’t have my sled. It won’t be here by the 12th of Dec. Pandemic or not when you are one of the first to check but possibly one of the last to get your sled where is the incentive to snowcheck? 9 months to get a sled when others who snowchecked even after the cut off get theirs in September/October. One fellow didn’t even confirm his until August and will get his before mine. Then dealers having dealer stock with almost the same build as my snowcheck. Sure they need to sell more sleds and can’t do it without store stock. Whatever. Lol

Laughing about it is all I can do. I have missed early ride days, can’t do anything about that. I would be riding this weekend again but still no sled. The only thing that irritates me is they claimed my sled shipped the 26th, still no email from Polaris, and it has no shocks according to the dealer, and they can’t confirm if the shocks will have shipped on for around the guarantee date. They also have no shocks in inventory. I just believe I should be entitled to my $500 coupon to spend fake money at my dealer if they didn’t/can’t actually make the guarantee of my actual order. But because of how they are handling it it’s their word against anyone else’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mark's RMK

Lifetime Membership
May 5, 2010
Sturgeon Lake, MN
I live in MN south of Duluth and am also awaiting my sled. I got the original email upon snow checking but have not received an email stating sled was build or shipped. It is odd that snow check orders don’t seem to get priority or the purchase history a particular buyer has. Luckily i put my trip to Pinedale off from the first week of January to late February.

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
I just picked up a 2021 Khaos 165 QD2 red with black tunnel and rails. Didn't snowcheck, didn't order. Just sold mine and called the dealer and he had one sitting there he ordered for stock. He also had an all black 165 sitting there, along with a 155 QD2 in red.

S
Dec 5, 2010
Sḵwxwú7mesh, BC
I just picked up a 2021 Khaos 165 QD2 red with black tunnel and rails. Didn't snowcheck, didn't order. Just sold mine and called the dealer and he had one sitting there he ordered for stock. He also had an all black 165 sitting there, along with a 155 QD2 in red.

That's awesome .. guess i won't bother snowchecking from this company ever again .. i'll still probably buy their sleds though !

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
IMO - shipments of machines have been based on the materials on hand to build sleds. [or build with all but shocks and have plan B for the shocks]. Suppliers of the materials to build the sleds are in the same goofy Covid work environment as Polaris. So incoming materials must be sporadic, just like shipments of finished sleds.

Specific to me - I ordered my sled [Pro 850, 165] around Apr 25, received an email saying it shipped late Sept, contacted by dealer to sch pick up 7-10 days later. Again, when you get your sled is more based on the exact combo of what you ordered and what parts are available to build. And, some stock sleds for dealers might be built before Snow Check sleds. All thanks to Covid.

I hope everyone gets their new ride in the VERY near future.

W
Dec 16, 2018
Called my dealer today, sled is sitting there. Had no shipping email from Polaris. In the same boat as most, no shocks on the sled. Trying to deal on some floats to get the sled ready but they don't seem to interested. Word is shocks in a week or two but we have great early season snow and I'm not playing the next week game on and on.

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana

He ordered for stock? Something going on there as the 165 and QD2 were not available for "stock" machine orders, only snow check. I snowchecked a red Khaos 165 with QD2. Dealer did have some red Khaos on the showroom floor and said that for stock orders they could only get the 163 track with no QD2 and they had the PIDD guage. I assume he ordered it under somebody else name as a snowcheck.. better make sure your warranty is transferred to you

V

vector boy

Jan 5, 2008
Norfolk, NE
He ordered for stock? Something going on there as the 165 and QD2 were not available for "stock" machine orders, only snow check. I snowchecked a red Khaos 165 with QD2. Dealer did have some red Khaos on the showroom floor and said that for stock orders they could only get the 163 track with no QD2 and they had the PIDD guage. I assume he ordered it under somebody else name as a snowcheck.. better make sure your warranty is transferred to you

Got confirmation of my warranty and registration yesterday from Polaris. It's really not that hard to order snowcheck sleds for stock. You order it under someone else's name, dealer pays the $500 to get it, and that's it. Then it just looks like there was a snowcheck that the customer backed out of.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Got confirmation of my warranty and registration yesterday from Polaris. It's really not that hard to order snowcheck sleds for stock. You order it under someone else's name, dealer pays the $500 to get it, and that's it. Then it just looks like there was a snowcheck that the customer backed out of.
You will not be able to sell the sled with warranty is the only downside.
(Polaris warranty only transfers once)

800poodragon

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Great Falls, Montana

I understand it can be that simple but I know Polaris does periodically call the people who ordered and check up to see if they did. I know I have been called a few times. Dealers can get "in trouble" from Polaris as Polaris has been trying to make something exclusive by snowchecking. Obviously you will have people that will back out but if they have quite a few how close do they look at it.

Premium Features