• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Snowcheck Turbo No-Shows?

K

kj_oregon

Nov 22, 2017
Anybody still waiting on their snowcheck Turbo? Mine was slated for Mid-October and still isn't here. My sales guy and the BRP Rep say its the only one that hasn't arrived and as of today they say it has not been built, but "will be next week and then shipped immediately". Anybody know how long these things take to clear customs from Canada into the US? I have missed multiple incredible early-season riding days already and the storms keep coming. I'm pissed. This is my 3rd new 850 purchase in the last 3 years and somehow BRP put me at the bottom of their priority list? Unfortunately I sold my 2020 Expert a month ago so no backup sled.
Maybe one of the SkiDoo ambassadors that frequents this forum can give me a customer service phone number to BRP where someone besides an EXTREMELY RUDE person on the other end of the line will tell me something different than " we don't give information directly to customers, have your dealer call".
Thanks, sorry for the negative post. cheers

2014xm

Lifetime Membership
Aug 16, 2013
My turbo was scheduled for mid October delivery and still no shipping information on it. I believe my dealer said it was already build back in Early November if I remember correctly. They are still waiting on multiple turbos to show up. A little disappointing because it’s looking like December before I’ll receive it at the earliest.

D
Dec 2, 2011
Took forever for my turbo to show up, and then I took it for 1 ride brought home.and then it wouldn't start. The coil packed it in, 24km on it. My.dash has some sort of issue they say as well and needs to be replaced. 2 error codes on dash. So I pick up this Friday
And yes I missed a few earily rides as well when we still had snow. The nov 11 ride we couldn't make it to alpine due to low snow/ ruts up hill. So I feel ya.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

D
Dec 2, 2011
Noted i picked it up nov 10 for nov 11 ride like isaid before we only got 24 km of trail ride in. And it been in shop pretty much since. I get it this Friday.. arrgh.

K

kj_oregon

Nov 22, 2017
I guess I should elaborate on my "priority list" comment... my local dealer checked 18 turbos and I know 4 of the guys who checked them. NONE of them had ever purchased a new sled from BRP prior. All of their sleds showed up on time or early and they have taken delivery. I don't expect special treatment for being a multi-year customer by any means, but it seems like it might be taken into consideration. Thanks to the guys that have replied for your insight.

K
Apr 12, 2018
Anybody still waiting on their snowcheck Turbo? Mine was slated for Mid-October and still isn't here. My sales guy and the BRP Rep say its the only one that hasn't arrived and as of today they say it has not been built, but "will be next week and then shipped immediately". Anybody know how long these things take to clear customs from Canada into the US? I have missed multiple incredible early-season riding days already and the storms keep coming. I'm pissed. This is my 3rd new 850 purchase in the last 3 years and somehow BRP put me at the bottom of their priority list? Unfortunately I sold my 2020 Expert a month ago so no backup sled.
Maybe one of the SkiDoo ambassadors that frequents this forum can give me a customer service phone number to BRP where someone besides an EXTREMELY RUDE person on the other end of the line will tell me something different than " we don't give information directly to customers, have your dealer call".
Thanks, sorry for the negative post. cheers
I don't think that buying 3 sleds puts you at the top of the list. I have bought 27 in the past 20 years and haven't even gotten a free hat.

CO Wapiti

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2017
If anyone wants to back out of theirs let me know.
My dealer received several extra. He said the snow checks were down due to COVID bit SkiDoo had planned on producing a normal amount and they offered him 5 more. He took them all And had three of them still. The Fun Center, Durango CO

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
They send out mountain sleds to altitude areas first, I know that. My Freeride and Summit have been in the garage/crate for months. My 16 Freeride got to the dealership in July!

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Took forever for my turbo to show up, and then I took it for 1 ride brought home.and then it wouldn't start. The coil packed it in, 24km on it. My.dash has some sort of issue they say as well and needs to be replaced. 2 error codes on dash. So I pick up this Friday
And yes I missed a few earily rides as well when we still had snow. The nov 11 ride we couldn't make it to alpine due to low snow/ ruts up hill. So I feel ya.

Do you have shot??? If so unplug it and try starting the sled.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
I guess I should elaborate on my "priority list" comment... my local dealer checked 18 turbos and I know 4 of the guys who checked them. NONE of them had ever purchased a new sled from BRP prior. All of their sleds showed up on time or early and they have taken delivery. I don't expect special treatment for being a multi-year customer by any means, but it seems like it might be taken into consideration. Thanks to the guys that have replied for your insight.

Color Model and track length seems yo be dictating on the arrival of some sleds due to logistics problems with suppliers.

K

kj_oregon

Nov 22, 2017
I don't think that buying 3 sleds puts you at the top of the list. I have bought 27 in the past 20 years and haven't even gotten a free hat.
yeah thanks for that. I've bought a bunch of sleds from Skidoo, I was just referencing most recent purchases. Like I said, no special treatment expected, just didn't understand brand new customers getting priority. Certainly not trying to act like I'm anyone special. Hope your 28th gets you the free hat you're after....

White Rad

Premium Member
Nov 16, 2009
WA to B.C.
Apparently my turbo is still at least two weeks out. Nothing like that special ski doo feeling of being one of the first ones to throw money down and 8 months later no sled. Obviously the world is ending so it’s not their fault. Good thing the border is closed and i can’t get to Revy anyways or I would probably be melting.....

Premium Features