• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Forum update issues topic

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
1 year. I reposted on the classifieds.
There has never been an unlimted edit time on SnoWest.
At least not in the 12 years that I have been here.
All posts get LOCKED DOWN after a fixed amount of time.

BUT
Any moderator or admin and go in and manually make a change for you

OrangeKowJumper

Lifetime Membership
Jul 31, 2010
So here's another issue with the search box.. ....when I click on the reduced little space next to the magnifying glass it doesn't open anything up to type into ..it drops down a box to select which thread I want to search, search titles check box, and select member option . ..but there is nowhere to type anything for my search phrase. Yes. . .I can select the advanced and sort thru all that to pick out which area or thread . .but this basic function is quicker and faster to just search the thread I'm on .. . .or it should be if it worked . .. .?????

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
So here's another issue with the search box.. ....when I click on the reduced little space next to the magnifying glass it doesn't open anything up to type into ..it drops down a box to select which thread I want to search, search titles check box, and select member option . ..but there is nowhere to type anything for my search phrase. Yes. . .I can select the advanced and sort thru all that to pick out which area or thread . .but this basic function is quicker and faster to just search the thread I'm on .. . .or it should be if it worked . .. .?????
I will have a full fix for that next week!
New User Interface will go live that will RESIZE all the menu items and get them to FIT on mobile devices properly at last!!

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I too am struggling with the search box. On the old forum, you could open the specific forum you were interested in and there was a search box where you could search that specific forum only. Is there a way we can get that back? The old forum could be used as an excellent research tool. This new one searches all the forums (if you can get it search at all) and is extremely frustrating. For instance, I am trying to research cutting the tunnel in the Arctic Cat Ascender forum. I should be able to open that forum and search that model only.

Also, I can't figure out how to update my profile. I see you can update your status but, I wanted to update my signature and picture.

Help please!

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Tomorrow we begin the upgrade process on one of our other sites.
If all goes well, I will push the same User Interface Update here and SOLVE the search box once and for all.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
How do I remove my badges? I have deselected the brands in my profile and they continue to show up every time I post. Also same as @sledhed , Snotel banner is no longer working although mine just quit in the last week or so.

Premium Features