• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SnoWest 2021 Trailer: WHICH BRAND TRAILER should I buy this time around??

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Ready to order a new trailer.
But it shouldn't be another Mirage.

Its time for me to build a new custom trailer, but it's time to try a new company and see what other new innovations are out there.

This year I want to get a SMALL 2 sled enclosed trailer.
All the bells and whistles of the 28ft, but only big enough for 2 mountain sleds, possibly three on special occasion.

Probably in the 16-18ft range.

What do you think I should consider???

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
14ftx8 with a 5ft V, will fit 3 sleds.
16x8 w-5ft V will fit 3 very comfortably with room to walk around them.
I prefer a driver side front door so u can park off the side of a road if necessary. Passenger door in to a tree or wall doesn't work so well. Driving out in the road could also be dangerous if not careful.

Sell the Doos and buy one Poo and one Cat or Yamaha 800 just to mix things up.

Sent it

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
Ready to order a new trailer.
But it shouldn't be another Mirage.

Its time for me to build a new custom trailer, but it's time to try a new company and see what other new innovations are out there.

This year I want to get a SMALL 2 sled enclosed trailer.
All the bells and whistles of the 28ft, but only big enough for 2 mountain sleds, possibly three on special occasion.

Probably in the 16-18ft range.

What do you think I should consider???

Any specific reason why you aren't going with another Mirage? I thought the things you learned and changed every year were really making a nice trailer!

That being said my list would be Logan(Really like our Logan we have for trade shows), Trails west (As long as all the glides get switched to Caliber... :) , Charmac, Mission Elevation.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Criterion? New company. Steel frame, but a new front door design.
I am WIDE OPEN at this point.
Starting the process all over again from scratch.
Willing to look at Steel or Aluminium

Not sure there is even any need for a front drop down door any longer.
All the sleds have reverse.
So an enclosed fixed no-front-ramp-door V-Nose might offer some aditional interior design options

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Any specific reason why you aren't going with another Mirage? I thought the things you learned and changed every year were really making a nice trailer!

That being said my list would be Logan(Really like our Logan we have for trade shows), Trails west (As long as all the glides get switched to Caliber... :) , Charmac, Mission Elevation.
Just because we have done 5 trailers and its time for me to share the wealth with another company.
Other manufacturers will tackle the same problems in a different way, and I would like to give them a shot at it as well.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Its been so many years since I did this last time around.
I suppose the first thing to do is determine WHO all the manufacturers are at this point once again.

djsoder

Lifetime Membership
May 18, 2015
Central MN
Stay away from Mission trailers THEY SUCK! I have a 27ft(5ft V) & by the 2nd or maybe 3rd season the floor warped between the joists, some spots over 2" deep.. Brought it to my dealer & he did the dance with Mission over the course of a few months.. They decided they wouldn't fix it or even attempt to resolve the situation, even tho my dealer said he had never seen anything like that B4... so, buyer BEWARE OF ****TY MISSION TRAILERS...

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

W
Dec 16, 2011
I just ordered a 7.5 x 16 aluminum trailer from Alcom. With reverse, I opted out of a front door. This means significant cost savings. The trailer is low to the ground for easy pulling and is very light(around 16-1700 lbs). I got the UTV trailer so it has extra height for a side by side if that happens in the future. Im anxious to see if I can fit 3 sleds but two with extra room is fine too. I have a half ton truck and I think this will pull much nicer than a deckover. Ill let you all know in about 4-5 weeks. Best thing I found is that it saved me about $4500 when compared to a "snowmobile" trailer with the same options. So I did what anyone on here would do and treated myself to a couple little upgrades!

Premium Features