• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Looking for a used turbo

F
Aug 5, 2020
Hey! (Not sure if this is the right forum section but anyway)
I have a 2011 Yamaha Nytro XTX and I'm just looking around to see if I can find a used turbo kit. My budget is around 2,000 dollars. I can't find any kits when I search the web, does anyone know of where I could find one?
Thanks!

X
Oct 8, 2009
I have an mcxpress 270 kit for a viper, which has the same engine as a nytro. If you feel comfortable with modifying a few components to fit it to the nytro chassis, it can work. That assumes you are capable of handling the fabrication to make it fit. I even have different ECUs and fuel controllers to make things work.

F
Aug 5, 2020
I have an mcxpress 270 kit for a viper, which has the same engine as a nytro. If you feel comfortable with modifying a few components to fit it to the nytro chassis, it can work. That assumes you are capable of handling the fabrication to make it fit. I even have different ECUs and fuel controllers to make things work.
I'm not super good at fabricating things but I'm decent, how much would I have to fabricate?

X
Oct 8, 2009
It depends on what you want the end product to look like. My kit is made by mcxpress. Take a look at their website. The big items i can think of are modifications to the intercooler to fit a nytro chassis, and a manifold to fit the turbo in the chassis. Mcxpress used the factory viper manifold. I have that manifold if you want it. It will bolt to the nytro head, but I am not sure how it will fit with the tunnel and tank. The viper turbo mounts in the side panel. The mcxpress kit for a nytro was a rear mount. You have some options there, but you will have to do some welding. I am not going to build it, so take a look and see if you are interested in it. I am happy to discuss if you want to go forward.

Premium Features