• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Secondary Injectors? Silber Turbo Alpha

Z
Apr 26, 2017
Hi All,

So I was thinking about cranking the boost up on my 19 silber turbo alpha next year. It’s runs awesome on 7lbs, but I want to try dial up the fun factor even though I don’t need it. I have heard you can get by without them, but does anyone know where I can pickup secondary injectors? I know boondocker sells a fuel upgrade, but I imagine this is meant for their own kit and mapping. Thanks for your time, I appreciate it!

O
Aug 17, 2019
Twin Cities
My turbo sled 19 Hardcore 153. Silber kit and clutching. Same flash I bought it with Aug 19’. Pulls hard on 5lbs and is ridiculous on 7-8. Justin claims stock injectors can handle 10 but I can’t imagine needing that much boost/top end power. Id spend that $ getting clutching dialed perfect for how you ride and BOV with TBoost. Keep engine stock as possible for reliability, kinda the selling point of Silber is the reflash no cut install. Focus on Clutching!!!

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
force turbos has one. youll have to do your own tuning or have someone do it. it wouldnt be that hard in my experience because youd just have to add fuel on top of what silber already does.
ive run 10lbs on mine as well so justin isnt wrong (i dont run a silber) but the problem is you are pushign those injectors to the max and i think ive heard of people burning them out cuz you are pushing them so hard. extra injectors are just safer. kinda like running some race fuel.. Cheap insurance :)

X
Oct 8, 2009
force turbos has one. youll have to do your own tuning or have someone do it. it wouldnt be that hard in my experience because youd just have to add fuel on top of what silber already does.
ive run 10lbs on mine as well so justin isnt wrong (i dont run a silber) but the problem is you are pushign those injectors to the max and i think ive heard of people burning them out cuz you are pushing them so hard. extra injectors are just safer. kinda like running some race fuel.. Cheap insurance :)

Be careful. These are famous last words in many cases. It is not simply adding fuel when silbers tune runs out since they are fueling for boost. Sparing many details, you would need to go back to stock on your tune and piggy back with the redline controller so it comes on with boost. This is very common. The two controllers do not talk to each other, so you need to properly set things up. Otherwise, you will have problems.

It sounds like you will need bigger injectors, which require retuning. If silber can't or won't help, you need a controller like a redline, boondocker box, PCV etc. Those allow you to modify the ecu signal so you can inexpensively retune your fuel map and injector pulse width by cell.

Last edited:

nytro41

Premium Member
Oct 11, 2008
Some where in the hills ID
Be careful. These are famous last words in many cases. It is not simply adding fuel when silbers tune runs out since they are fueling for boost. Sparing many details, you would need to go back to stock on your tune and piggy back with the redline controller so it comes on with boost. This is very common. The two controllers do not talk to each other, so you need to properly set things up. Otherwise, you will have problems.

It sounds like you will need bigger injectors, which require retuning. If silber can't or won't help, you need a controller like a redline, boondocker box, PCV etc. Those allow you to modify the ecu signal so you can inexpensively retune your fuel map and injector pulse width by cell.

You wont need to back to stock. when the stock injectors run out you will need to bring in fuel with a red line/ boondocker controller. youd only need to bring in the injectors when the stock injectors cant fuel anymore. other then that in and out throttle you do not need to fuel then because silber has already tuned that with the stock injectors. only time youll need the extra injectors is over 7-8 lbs just so you can be safe. that would put your stock injectors working about an 80% duty cycle. keeps them from being overworked. ive done this with a boondocker box and a redline controller on a force turbo kit for ski-doo. the redline box at that time didnt control the stock injectors. so i used the boondocker box to control the stock injectors and then at about 9 lbs of boost i started bringing in the extra injectors via redline box. running 14lbs of boost on race fuel. it worked flawlessly. the silber tune would be no different. if you just add fuel when the stock injectors run out. both of them run off boost so they just need 2 different boost sensors or splice in to the sensor silber is using (which would be difficult because he is using a stock type sensor i think) and both of them of them would read the boost. the redline/boondocker PCV wouldnt start fueling AUX injectors until 7-9lbs. if you never hit those number in the trees then the AUX injectors would never turn on.

Premium Features