• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Used powder claw 165 3in question

RanOutofTalent

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2014
Western Montana
I have a used powder claw off my 2020 AC hardcore. The track has 450 miles on it and was taken off as I had a claim for a broken chain case and some suspension brackets.

The dealer said they were going to have the track warrantied for minor damage to a few of the clips.
Well as it turns out the damage was not significant at all, warranty denied, and I ended up with a new track on the sled and the old one.

As I paid nearly 1700 for a new track does anyone have suggestions to what a lightly used track would be worth?

I would like to try and recoup some of my losses.

Thanks.

I can get some pictures if anyone is interested. The track is being shipped back from AC HQ at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I have a used powder claw off my 2020 AC hardcore. The track has 450 miles on it and was taken off as I had a claim for a broken chain case and some suspension brackets.

The dealer said they were going to have the track warrantied for minor damage to a few of the clips.
Well as it turns out the damage was not significant at all, warranty denied, and I ended up with a new track on the sled and the old one.

As I paid nearly 1700 for a new track does anyone have suggestions to what a lightly used track would be worth?

I would like to try and recoup some of my losses.

Thanks.

I can get some pictures if anyone is interested. The track is being shipped back from AC HQ at the moment.

You must be Canada for the 1700 price? The dealer gave you it at cost? Usd they are 1150 usd I believe from country cat.

I'm in the market for a track for my alpha and am in canada/bc. Depending on condition but 50-70%.

RanOutofTalent

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2014
Western Montana
I’m in the states and my dealer has not been so great. They charged me 1697 for the track.

I have had quite a bad year.

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
I’m in the states and my dealer has not been so great. They charged me 1697 for the track.

I have had quite a bad year.

Damn dude sorry to hear that! I even think that's well above the list price? I sware I read the list msrp was like 1400... I'd dig around and maybe go back to them on it.... Canadian our dollar is bad but dealer will do me 2k for a track (ouch) even after the US - cad exchange for the 1200$ country cat track its 1800 cad.

Post up pics of the track for others to see damage and if you get an idea on a price let me know.

RanOutofTalent

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2014
Western Montana
Damn dude sorry to hear that! I even think that's well above the list price? I sware I read the list msrp was like 1400... I'd dig around and maybe go back to them on it.... Canadian our dollar is bad but dealer will do me 2k for a track (ouch) even after the US - cad exchange for the 1200$ country cat track its 1800 cad.

Post up pics of the track for others to see damage and if you get an idea on a price let me know.

Here are the pictures the dealer sent me.

I will have the track back from AC in probably the next week.

620cb0460a785617f0e0bc4d562d4062.jpg

582292edb3334170f59051dd30236c4a.jpg

0d71dc7fbd989d10e3195ef16b7afcff.jpg

29991da40265d899851c8e6d625d5dcb.jpg

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Damn! Did the track get damaged from the broken chaincase or such?

I'd call around a few dealers and ask the price for the track, I'm sure you should be able to go back after that, dealer for the price, I mean I could be wrong but I do doubt it's 1700$.... Such a bummer.

RanOutofTalent

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2014
Western Montana
Damn! Did the track get damaged from the broken chaincase or such?

I'd call around a few dealers and ask the price for the track, I'm sure you should be able to go back after that, dealer for the price, I mean I could be wrong but I do doubt it's 1700$.... Such a bummer.

AC and the dealer and stating the chain case failure caused the track to loosen, bending a couple suspension brackets and damaging the track.
AC initially warrantied the chain case then backed out when I sent the track in.
It has been a nightmare.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
$1700+ is the list price now for any 3" powerclaw (alpha or twin rail) per country cat's website. The guys riding early season low snow conditions that like to spin on rocks and logs might want to re-think their style in the future!

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
$1700+ is the list price now for any 3" powerclaw (alpha or twin rail) per country cat's website. The guys riding early season low snow conditions that like to spin on rocks and logs might want to re-think their style in the future!
I just checked country cat, $1400 usd for a new 165 x3 alpha track so not sure where you seen that?, still too much $$$ for a flimsy track....

AC and the dealer and stating the chain case failure caused the track to loosen, bending a couple suspension brackets and damaging the track.
AC initially warrantied the chain case then backed out when I sent the track in.
It has been a nightmare.

Oh man, I don't think they approve warranty then back out on it...? I wonder if that dealers trying to fk you royally?. I wonder if another dealer can look up your claim history based on VIN to see...

RanOutofTalent

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2014
Western Montana
I just checked country cat, $1400 usd for a new 165 x3 alpha track so not sure where you seen that?, still too much $$$ for a flimsy track....

Oh man, I don't think they approve warranty then back out on it...? I wonder if that dealers trying to fk you royally?. I wonder if another dealer can look up your claim history based on VIN to see...

Here is a copy of the email the dealership sent to me that came from AC.
I wish I would have picked up the sled before and paid my bill. As I would have just told them they can deal with AC backing out 6 weeks later.

I believe a lot of this has to do with the dealership but I am equally disappointed with AC as the customer service department has been nothing but disrespectful, unhelpful, and blame me for everything.
They wouldn’t even consider paying for a percentage.

75d4b597f8906988920f8c182e1ccbdc.jpg

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
A lot of warrantee departments have a process where they first deny a larger number of claims. So, I would dispute the claim and challenge them. Did you hit something? If not, tell them professionally and factually what happened. Also politely mention that you will be engaging with the attorney general and BBB. If the still deny you of a legitimate claim, I'd write a letter to your attorney general and politely explain the situation. That usually does something. Then engage the BBB. Keep in constant communication. I had AC try to deny a blown M1000 motor back in the day (crank snapped). I kept after them for a few months and they paid for it eventually.

RanOutofTalent

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2014
Western Montana
A lot of warrantee departments have a process where they first deny a larger number of claims. So, I would dispute the claim and challenge them. Did you hit something? If not, tell them professionally and factually what happened. Also politely mention that you will be engaging with the attorney general and BBB. If the still deny you of a legitimate claim, I'd write a letter to your attorney general and politely explain the situation. That usually does something. Then engage the BBB. Keep in constant communication. I had AC try to deny a blown M1000 motor back in the day (crank snapped). I kept after them for a few months and they paid for it eventually.

So I agree with everything you are saying. I have been dealing with this issue and AC customer service since mid February when they told me they would pay only for the chain case.
The day this broke I was riding two feet or more of fresh snow and recall hitting nothing.
However they insist this is my fault and my dealer has done short of nothing to help.

I have talked with an attorney and there is nothing I can do unless I want to fly from Montana to MN to fight in litigation.

I have wrote a letter and spoke with the BBB.
What that came down to was that Textron is not established with the BBB and there is nothing they can do.

I have tried for hours on the phone politely and professionally explaining how I made a switch from Polaris to AC hoping for a more well built machine and am looking for no hand outs but their support.
As is I didn’t get to ride my sled since February as the chain case was in back order for 8 weeks.

I have called once, some weeks twice, pleading and trying to get resolve.

The last call was Tuesday and I was told there is no one else I can talk to or write to as their manager of technical service has made his final decision and my case is closed.

I have had such a bad experience from my dealership doing absolutely nothing to help me all season to AC basically laughing in my face after I bought a new sled.

This is really just sad that both parties have taken zero responsibility and put the blame on me or each other.

Let me be clear I don’t expect all of this to be paid for. But 8 weeks for parts, denying all of my claims for warranty, accepting one then charging it back, and not even being open to the possibility of helping in any way is unacceptable.

I am hoping that from all this i can at least make some money back selling the track to someone that can get some use out of it.

As well, try and sell the sled for a reasonable price in the fall. Heck at least it’s in showroom condition with 450 miles on it.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Paid $1,150 in March. Glad i bought when i did.
OP, that track looks like it may have a broken fiberglass rod.
Value drops tremendously...

Sent it

RanOutofTalent

Lifetime Membership
Dec 20, 2014
Western Montana
Paid $1,150 in March. Glad i bought when i did.
OP, that track looks like it may have a broken fiberglass rod.
Value drops tremendously...

Sent it

Understandable, I didn’t quite see that.

What makes no sense is how AC failed to even consider warranting it or helping me out as it was due to a mechanical failure they have conveniently blamed on me

Well it might be worth something to someone as I have no use for it. I had to to pay the $75 to get it shipped back from AC so it just gonna sit in my garage.

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
turn in an insurance claim, let your insurance company deal with cat for reimbursement, for a failed component. pay your deductible, and get your sled fixed. Ski

Premium Features