• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Gen5 chassis in 2022??

H
Feb 17, 2019
Anyone heard rumors of a new chassis coming out? Dootalk had some discussion, but curious if anyone has heard more information.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Pretty sure their stock lost like 70% of it's value in a couple of weeks... I'm sure they were working on new product, but it's a pretty safe bet that R&D budgets are frozen .. for the immediate future, I think

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Pretty sure their stock lost like 70% of it's value in a couple of weeks... I'm sure they were working on new product, but it's a pretty safe bet that R&D budgets are frozen .. for the immediate future, I think
BRP is not bombardier, r&D never stops...it is why we are so far ahead....there are many more and smarter ways to save money in backing off production like they did in the recession of 2008, while others kept building and forcing more on dealers, it is why arctic cat dealers had 2011 sleds still sitting in crates when they went under. Sad

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Dave: I'm happy to suck it up and retire my G4 and do some testing for Doo on the G5. Just let me know how I can help.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Stock values aside, BRP does a lot of great R&D work, and continues to lead the snowmobile industry.

Here's to a gen5 chassis we all love, whenever it comes.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Stock values aside, BRP does a lot of great R&D work, and continues to lead the snowmobile industry.

Here's to a gen5 chassis we all love, whenever it comes.

Who was the genius r & d person who test rode the wheelie king g4? This isn’t bragging or anything but I rode the proto/test release model. I knew within the first 300 ft on a climb the chassis was a useless wheelie machine. I actually couldn’t believe the sled got approved to get built. I was shaking my head in my helmet.

I digress. Brp is making quality accessories and are getting such a big market share, they will be hard to stop.

I think they learned from the g4 debacle. They over promised and under delivered. Now it seems they are letting the product speak for itself and not such hype.

I don’t like the begging for repair and warranty policy or the cost of parts.
That said, they are my fave manufacturer at this point.

They did some house cleaning from the g4 crew and it seems good things are happening. Go Brp go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Who was the genius r & d person who test rode the wheelie king g4? This isn’t bragging or anything but I rode the proto/test release model. I knew within the first 300 ft on a climb the chassis was a useless wheelie machine. I actually couldn’t believe the sled got approved to get built. I was shaking my head in my helmet.

I digress. Brp is making quality accessories and are getting such a big market share, they will be hard to stop.

I think they learned from the g4 debacle. They over promised and under delivered. Now it seems they are letting the product speak for itself and not such hype.

They did some house cleaning from the g4 crew and it seems good things are happening. Go Brp go!

What doo you mean they did some house cleaning from the g4 crew?

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
What doo you mean they did some house cleaning from the g4 crew?
Last year I believe one of the head honcho engineers of the g4 team left in a hush hush, your fired, no I quit but let’s cover it up kinda way. A few others may have got the boot also. Rightfully so. The g4 chased a lot of customers away. The products are now getting better so the mgmt/employee change is good so far. Go Brp go!

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Last year I believe one of the head honcho engineers of the g4 team left in a hush hush, your fired, no I quit but let’s cover it up kinda way. A few others may have got the boot also. Rightfully so. The g4 chased a lot of customers away. The products are now getting better so the mgmt/employee change is good so far. Go Brp go!
Ha Ha! That is a good one....its awesome how you string people along, you'd be a great cult leader! :)

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018

While Doo has their flaws, there's no question that they're leading the industry right now.

Sure, it's easy to say Doo had to make more power to make the gen4 chassis ride well. But, we now have a factory turbo with warranty that makes significantly more track speed than the NA 850.

I'm here to say, the 850T is well labeled as a game changer. It truly is a game changer, and makes me look at terrain differently every time I ride.

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Ha Ha! That is a good one....its awesome how you string people along, you'd be a great cult leader! :)
Weren’t you the one who said the p drive was the best clutch ever? No maintenance? But then it wears out quickly, no replacements parts, therefore no maintenance but you gotta buy a brand new one?
Didn’t you say the 850 is best motor ever and hundreds of sleds sat with blown motors in 2017? Who is the cult leader now? Don’t forget belt gate! Haha
I don’t fault you for doing your job as an ambassador. You listened to what marketing and designers told you. Then the g4 has major motor, driveshaft and belt issues and you took the blame for it all. That’s sucks for you but I understand it. They hung you out to dry. They left you out in the cold to defend brp and the French girls hid in the background and went dark. That move ruined your name and it irks me they did that to you. You have dedicated your life to Brp and did good things. I hope they give you sleds for life. They owe it to you in my eyes.

The mgmt shuffle was in the corporate headlines, news, mgmt list and insider knowledge. Brp, the public and dude knew he messed up. Haha Maybe it’s fake news? What do I know?
The g4 sucks and Brp lost a ton of customers over it. If the g4 team weren’t fired they should be. But it’s ok. They learned and are doing good things now.

They make a lot of their own parts, in Canada ?? so they don’t have to rely as much on supply chains from other corona countries.
Pass my name on to the r and d boss for the next sled. I can show them where to access 2,000 miles of Wfo vertical feet in May and June. This abuse will cause any shortcomings to surface real quick. Or they can test ride the usual 100miles. Haha. All joking aside, they got this.

The above are my beliefs.

Last edited:
K
Apr 12, 2018
Feel free to share your opinion.
I dont get your gripe with the G4. I have over 10,000 miles on that design, various sleds ofcourse, and I love it. So it doesnt hold a rut well. Who cares? The ease of sidehillng and predictability in deep snow is unmatched. I know you poo guys rant and rave about the khaos, but it still feels front heavy when off the throttle. Im pretty open minded about sleds. I ride with a group where nothing is over 2 years old. They all have good and bad, but saying how the G4 chasis doesnt work and is a piece of $hit doesnt cut it for me. My expert is everything they said it would be. The new spindles work and the rear skid feels way better than my 19 summit x. But what do I know? I only have 1800 miles on my 2020 this year. And yes. Its mostly all back country.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Clutching and skid are the G4's weak points. No G5 needed is they could address those.

Premium Features