• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

And we're closed

Wapow

Premium Member
Dec 4, 2007
Not saying you should go sledding, but closing the snopark isn't the same as closing the national forest, which is where most of the riding gets done. They're only closing the snoparks one week early.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I guess to avoid a liability The parks/ parking areas should be closed.
But the national forest(s)? Nah, that makes 0 sense.
The whole point for many is to go there to get away in times we aren’t even being hysterical about a virus.
This isn’t a war on our soil, this isn’t marshal law, this isn’t a major riot situation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

J
Jul 31, 2014
Fairhaven
The point of not going sledding now isn't to avoid the personal interaction while sledding, it's to avoid all of the contact and possibility to spread the virus while traveling to and from home. Stopping to get fuel for the sleds and the truck is the most likely place to spread the virus for our community. It would be especially damaging if the virus were spread in the remote communities that are near the snoparks that we love so much.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
The point of not going sledding now isn't to avoid the personal interaction while sledding, it's to avoid all of the contact and possibility to spread the virus while traveling to and from home. Stopping to get fuel for the sleds and the truck is the most likely place to spread the virus for our community. It would be especially damaging if the virus were spread in the remote communities that are near the snoparks that we love so much.
Yep, your health and the health of loved ones, friends and neighbors is the most important thing. Everything else is just secondary.
The virus is highly contagious, some people die, some don't and there's no cure yet. The only weapon we have against it is to try and stop spreading it around. The sooner we can all come together and do that, the sooner things will return to normal.
I get it that nobody likes to be told what they can and can't do, but sometimes you just have to suck it up and do the right thing. Then once we have done that, I'll go riding again and it will be awesome!

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls

In addition to that, it is also to not apply unnecessary burden on the healthcare system. Meaning trauma etc. My girlfriend is a nurse in a NICU and they don't have any covid-19 patients in their hospital. And yet, because of hoarders they are out of supplies and PPE to do their normal job. She can't safely protect New borns, many protocols are being relaxed because of supply shortage. That’s not ok! It’s bad enough how little we pay nurses for what they normally do. It’s down right awful that the means of protecting themselves is taken away by people who don’t need it because of fear mongering and selfishness. And yet they are there, 12-15 hour shifts, doing it. Right now my GF is on day 8 in a row, because of care shortages.

if you just can’t stay home and have to get out, go sledding etc and get in a car accident or crash your sled and get hurt, you’re putting undue burden on an already taxed system. And we haven’t even started approaching the peak of this thing regarding infection rates.

So please stay home, for the sake of anyone you care about who might need medical care in the coming weeks. Staying home now is how you save people in the near future. It’s not a vacation!

Last edited:
J
Jul 31, 2014
Fairhaven
In addition to that, it is also to not apply unnecessary burden on the healthcare system. Meaning trauma etc. My girlfriend is a nurse in a NICU

So please stay home, for the sake of anyone you care about who might need medical care in the coming weeks. Staying home now is how you save people in the near future. It’s not a vacation!

I cut a bunch of stuff out of your message because I didn't want to clog up the thread with the same thing twice in a row. Please tell your GF thank you for putting herself on the front line. My wife is an ER nurse and has seen a bunch of patients already. It's not good. I echo your statement about not getting hurt and not treating this like a vacation.

I want to get out in the mountains so bad right now. I have to remind myself that they aren't going anywhere.

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
I will Jason4, please say the same to your wife. We can't do enough for these hero's.

I hope society realizes who the hero's really are after all this!

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I get the people working in it, literally in it. I get the being cautious around the high risk people, I get all the be very careful stuff. I get the common sense of it all.
But.............
Anyone concerned about your Civil Liberties?
Anyone concerned about the hypocrisies related?
Anyone concerned about the economies, personal, communal, etc.?

J
Jul 31, 2014
Fairhaven
I get the people working in it, literally in it. I get the being cautious around the high risk people, I get all the be very careful stuff. I get the common sense of it all.
But.............
Anyone concerned about your Civil Liberties?
Anyone concerned about the hypocrisies related?
Anyone concerned about the economies, personal, communal, etc.?

Of the concerns that you've listed I'm most concerned about the economy and the long term impact it will have on individual's health, well being, and quality of life.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
I don't want to hear about risk of injury due to our sports/hobbies...
Go ask ur girlfriend/ wife... ur at least 10 times as likely to get hurt at home doing projects , 'staying safe'.....

Load ur snowmobile, pay at the pump for fuel, ride all day and u will be much safer from the coronavirus than one trip to the grocery store. Wash ur hands, don't touch ur face.

Sent it

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
I don't want to hear about risk of injury due to our sports/hobbies...
Go ask ur girlfriend/ wife... ur at least 10 times as likely to get hurt at home doing projects , 'staying safe'.....

Load ur snowmobile, pay at the pump for fuel, ride all day and u will be much safer from the coronavirus than one trip to the grocery store. Wash ur hands, don't touch ur face.

Sent it

it’s not about me and the injuries I may get. It’s not about you and the injuries you might get. Its not about you or me getting the virus because we’re out snowmobiling vs the grocery store.

It’s about what that could take away from others. or what might not be available to you. It’s about resource management. Try not to have such a selfish/narrow view.

Last edited:

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
This has really been a polarizing event. Its sad to look at stats and compare. Then heartstrings have been tied to things. Theres some logic to it all, but the fact is, this virus has affected so many without even affecting that many. Very interesting to say the least.
If you’ve ever been involved or near or related to a real tragedy, this doesn’t even come close and look at the hysteria.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
it’s not about me and the injuries I may get. It’s not about you and the injuries you might get. Its not about you or me getting the virus because we’re out snowmobiling vs the grocery store.

It’s about what that could take away from others. or what might not be available to you. It’s about resource management. Try not to have such a selfish/narrow view.

That is exactly what ur first post stated... adding stress to an already stressed healthcare system due to accidents from venturing away from home by selfish people.

I have been home the entire week. Left the house twice. Once to see the dr and once to get the prescription. No need to lecture me about selfishness. I am the dumbass that follows rules, including the speed limit and wearing seatbelts. I close the gates behind me while traveling the mtn trails and obey the greendot system even if it adds hrs to my travels... when the sign says closed but i know i can safely travel that trail, i respect the sign and find another legal way to access.... not only do i not litter.... i also pickup litter everytime i travel the mountain trails. I offer my time, labor and tools for trail maintenance.

U changed ur narrative to continue to push ur beliefs on to me... that is selfish in itself.. kinda Democratic?

I am not one to argue about politics and religion. Im a pretty passive person but very logical. I will argue logic, There is not enough logic behind these closures. It seems more like, they are doing something just to have on record that they did something...

Serious here...
Explain to all of us, in detail, how a family of 3, driving to the mountains and sitting by a lake fishing is, worse than that same family driving down to the local drive threw for a meal? Trip to the grocery store? Etc....

You can't add car wrecks because they are both equally possible if not more so in the quick travel to the store. U can't say because the government said so..

Use real logic and facts to backup ur statement.

Crashing the economy is much worse and has longer lasting effects than what this virus can actually do to the American citizens.
I am not saying that 1% death rate is ok.
I agree 100% with social distancing. I agree with banning all social gatherings, like eating at indoor restaurants, theaters, weddings, even family gatherings...

I am doing my part and even willing to risk my own wellbeing, to continue working as an essential employee (as soon as the dr releases me).

Sent it

Premium Features