• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

CMX/Yeti track on a Riot?

jrlastofthebreed

It seemed like a good idea at the time
Lifetime Membership
Oct 24, 2016
Coeur d'Alene ID
Has anyone put a CMX or Yeti track on a Riot? How much of an improvement was it? was it worth the $800 ish upgrade? These tracks seem to be great upgrades to the Mountain horse and Aro kits.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I have ridden the cmx on the riot.. it for sure climbs better in the powder than the stock track... now I only got to ride it in Utah 2 feet of powder... it just seemed like it pulled you forward more and trenched less with better forward propulsion.

Sent from my SM-F900U using Tapatalk

E
Dec 19, 2007
I have one on mine. I actually swapped it over right on the mountain in October pow. It was baseless fluff at the time and the cmx did seem to give a bit more thrust but the stock track felt better in the hard snow around the parking lot. stock lean on hard snow felt better and it was stiffer so dug into the frozen dirt better. My cmx had a season on it and paddles had started to lay over a bit. Probably not worth the money unless you can sell the stock for a premium. but I already had one so I had to try it.

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
I have one on mine. I actually swapped it over right on the mountain in October pow. It was baseless fluff at the time and the cmx did seem to give a bit more thrust but the stock track felt better in the hard snow around the parking lot. stock lean on hard snow felt better and it was stiffer so dug into the frozen dirt better. My cmx had a season on it and paddles had started to lay over a bit. Probably not worth the money unless you can sell the stock for a premium. but I already had one so I had to try it.

is that current version of the CMX track?

Premium Features