• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

I wonder if BRP will come out with more incentives for snow checks

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
I cant imagine they have very many snow checks yet. I have money down on a renegade xrs and will be ordering turbo freeride but i'am waiting till the last minute to see if they come out with anything. what do you guys think will happen?

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
Great question. One has to guess the manufacturers (at least Doo) were planning on robust 850 factory turbo orders. Probably double the units of last year.

But the economic realities are starting to reveal themselves with major changes in employment, business levels and unpredictable future.

So, the qeustion stands, how aggressive will Ski-Doo get with their spring offers to get deposits on spring orders?

Mjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Jan 19, 2008
Ogden, Utah
Part of me was really upset to buy a 2020 when half a season later they come out with a factory turbo, but looking at the economy and my uncertain work future ahead, I'm really glad I got my 2020. I just got back to a 40hr work week. I work in the aerospace industry and thanks to the 737 max issues, I spent 8 weeks on a 32hr work week and survived a major layoff. Now with the virus and no one traveling, I have doubts I'll stay on 40hrs for long or even have a job in the next little bit. If I would have waited one more year to get a new sled, I probably would still be riding an old M7 for the unforeseeable future. Man, I'm glad I got my 2020!! I love my sled!!

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
atleast match Polaris's offer. I know they cant on the warranty end of it with the turbo but they should be able to do better than the current offer. atleast give a $500 in accs. like last year

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
Part of me was really upset to buy a 2020 when half a season later they come out with a factory turbo, but looking at the economy and my uncertain work future ahead, I'm really glad I got my 2020. I just got back to a 40hr work week. I work in the aerospace industry and thanks to the 737 max issues, I spent 8 weeks on a 32hr work week and survived a major layoff. Now with the virus and no one traveling, I have doubts I'll stay on 40hrs for long or even have a job in the next little bit. If I would have waited one more year to get a new sled, I probably would still be riding an old M7 for the unforeseeable future. Man, I'm glad I got my 2020!! I love my sled!!
I think that is whats going to hurt the turbo sales. a lot of the potential turbo customers already have experts and it wont take much of a down turn in the economy for them to just be happy with their current expert and forget about the turbo for 2121. but then again this **** may only last 4 weeks and then it will be business as usual everything is up in the air this week

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
I really doubt it, however, I can see them extending the promotion for a couple of weeks. Not much more than that though, they have to estimate parts for the production run sooner than later

Calvin42

Premium Member
Oct 14, 2008
Cantonment, FL
Hate to see this happen to any manufacturer. Was on the fence about ordering a new turbo, but this has unfortunately made me think my newer low mileage sleds will be just fine for another season. However, if better incentives came out, I would certainly have to revisit the issue. Only time will tell.

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
I agree this is going to hurt all kinds of manufacturing but recreational toys the most! If this keeps up for more than a couple weeks, which I fear it will, that will be the first thing people cut from their budget. I'm not one to let panic take over like most of the country is, but I'd be lying if i said I wasn't saving up what I can and now doing any unnecessary spending at this point.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I agree this is going to hurt all kinds of manufacturing but recreational toys the most! If this keeps up for more than a couple weeks, which I fear it will, that will be the first thing people cut from their budget. I'm not one to let panic take over like most of the country is, but I'd be lying if i said I wasn't saving up what I can and now doing any unnecessary spending at this point.
Wise choice

ryanjeri

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
ID
I am waiting until the last day to decide. The longer I wait the less I want to let go of the dollars for a new one. At this point they "ski-doo" will probably have to do a little more enticing for me to spend more money.

Premium Features