• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best 129" (Track not kit)

Z
May 15, 2017
Kamloops B.C.
Hey guys, those of you that have tried different 129" tracks. What is your favorite? what do you feel performs the best and why? I wrecked my track and am looking to get a new one so I figure I might as well put the best one on. Im talking tracks only, not the different kits. thanks

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
Hey guys, those of you that have tried different 129" tracks. What is your favorite? what do you feel performs the best and why? I wrecked my track and am looking to get a new one so I figure I might as well put the best one on. Im talking tracks only, not the different kits. thanks
What kit... cmx track has been the best I have found d for all conditions and is boss in the powder...

Sent from my SM-F900U using Tapatalk

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
The Yeti new style track is the best powder track , CMX is 5 lbs heavier and stiffer paddle design, So if you want to ride powder go with Yeti, For set snow CMX will bite hard however it still has weight penalty and has thicker belting ,Both same 2.5 in paddles,The Yeti will hold higher RPM,s since if flexes more and less rotating mass. I have both tracks on kits.

Last edited:

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Aren’t they different rail spacing? Are they interchangeable?

M
Jan 14, 2004
The Yeti new style track is the best powder track , CMX is 5 lbs heavier and stiffer paddle design, So if you want to ride powder go with Yeti, For set snow CMX will bite hard however it still has weight penalty and has thicker belting ,Both same 2.5 in paddles,The Yeti will hold higher RPM,s since if flexes more and less rotating mass. I have both tracks on kits.

What he said

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Aren’t they different rail spacing? Are they interchangeable?
the 19 129 will be new style track with traditional rail spacing , The 2020 will be 5,5 narrow rail spacing , same track design

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
We have compared the T sled 3 inch as well side by side. If ewe ride slow it provides lots of traction and can motor around very well, However if ewe want to ride fast the 3 inch is far slower. The track load on the motor requires lower gearing and in many times 1 st gear is required,It wont climb like the Yeti which is carrying 10 mph more ground speed and higher gearing unless ewer going through a slower deep section. Much slower track speed than even the CMX track. Yeti has highest track speed of the 3 . On sleds the 3 inch works since they run a CVT clutch which can adjust for the track load.T sled could not pull the lines the Yeti was making where ground speed was needed however did very well picking through the trees in the very deep .

Last edited:
R
Sep 15, 2010
We have compared the T sled 3 inch as well side by side. If ewe ride slow it provides lots of traction and can motor around very well, However if ewe want to ride fast the 3 inch is far slower. The track load on the motor requires lower gearing and in many times 1 st gear is required,It wont climb like the Yeti which is carrying 10 mph more ground speed and higher gearing unless ewer going through a slower deep section. Much slower track speed than even the CMX track. Yeti has highest track speed of the 3 . On sleds the 3 inch works since they run a CVT clutch which can adjust for the track load.T sled could not pull the lines the Yeti was making where ground speed was needed however did very well picking through the trees in the very deep .

I assume you are referring to track speed when you say "ground speed"?

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Byeatts i here ya about track/ground speed. I was able to climb a ridge the other day on my riot that my buddy with a 3 inch could not make.We made about a dozen runs at it and had it packed in pretty good. It basically came down to me being able to hold second gear longer. Once either of us shifted down to first we were done.

D

DV-ENT

Mar 27, 2009
Calgary
Im new to snowbiking but was out with some locals that ride 5-7 days a week and they have tridden them all and all seem to realy like the camso track and do many TS convrsions over to the camso 129 track, this is in Sicamous BC, can anyone else comment on their thoughts or experiences with the camso track?

C
Sep 19, 2013
Lumby, BC
Byeatts i here ya about track/ground speed. I was able to climb a ridge the other day on my riot that my buddy with a 3 inch could not make.We made about a dozen runs at it and had it packed in pretty good. It basically came down to me being able to hold second gear longer. Once either of us shifted down to first we were done.

I’m extremely surprised to hear this about the Aro3 vs Riot, especially when it comes to climbing big hills. I understand track speed does play a huge factor but damn an $8000 vs $6500 kit I would’ve thought Aro3 climbed better in all situations. Hmmm now I’m second guessing on snow checking an Aro3 for 2021. As I cant find any Aro3s left for next year.

DV-ENT
I’ve been running my 2017 Camso for the last 3 winters and have been extremely pleased how it climbs in deep BC snow. I finally sold it recently to upgrade for next year. For a $5500 kit they work very well, If it had better suspension for jumping I’d buy a new 2020 Camso for next year.

byeatts

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Im new to snowbiking but was out with some locals that ride 5-7 days a week and they have tridden them all and all seem to realy like the camso track and do many TS convrsions over to the camso 129 track, this is in Sicamous BC, can anyone else comment on their thoughts or experiences with the camso track?
the Camso kits tracks similar to the the Yeti track , Camso is a little softer almost too soft IMO and all the paddles have a permanent bend after several hours however similar paddle layout design. The new Yeti is even better

Last edited:
M
Jan 14, 2004
I've got over 100 days on Camso kits and the paddles are not bent over in the least, not sure where you are getting that from.

M
Jan 14, 2004

Out with Calvin, Billy and the boys?

E
Dec 19, 2007
Guys it's March there is probably places a 2"paddle will out climb an aro 3! Bigger paddles aren't always better.

So are all the 19 and newer yeti paddles like a camso/cmx pattern or are some still like a maxtrac?

My take on what I've seen is the camso is the softest rubber in that style paddle available.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
CoreyCK, the reason i was able to climb that particular pitch is because we had packed it down and i was able to hold a higher gear with my shorter lighter track. The 3” kicks my butt in a lot of conditions climbing. Pretty sure i have more fun though.

D

DV-ENT

Mar 27, 2009
Calgary
Out with Calvin, Billy and the boys?

Yes was out with Calvin and Dan, Bill and Surge were busy but might get out with them this wknd, They all really like the 129 camso and have suggested that for an upgrade down the road, was only my 3rd time ever on a bike so Im just trying to get a handle on it all...LOL

Premium Features