• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

146 RMK

S
Dec 28, 2009
How did you like the Composit M66 146 2.6 track? I am looking for something more on my 146SKS and not too many other option then the peak 2.5.

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
How did you like the Composit M66 146 2.6 track? I am looking for something more on my 146SKS and not too many other option then the peak 2.5.
I talked to compost tracks about the availability of the m66. He said they only made a small batch and sold out early this winter. No more will be available until next fall. The only two options now are the Challenger 2.5 and peak 2.5 if you want a decent lug height.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I talked to compost tracks about the availability of the m66. He said they only made a small batch and sold out early this winter. No more will be available until next fall. The only two options now are the Challenger 2.5 and peak 2.5 if you want a decent lug height.
I suppose a guy would have to go a little shorter on the rail but 141” 2.6 powerclaw would also be an option.

Edit: Ah, didn’t see he ^^ was looking for an upgrade for an SKS. 141s not gonna bolt right up.

S
Dec 28, 2009
I saw they have the Composit M67 Mountain Track 15 x 146 x 2.62 also in the 2.86 pitch, but again it seems availability is limited. I saw its a 2 ply track, being a flat lander there are lots of rocks to hit, 2 ply is nice.

Angermangement890

Lifetime Membership
Mar 17, 2002
Frazee, MN
www.koolmekustoms.com
Good review, I built a similar sled in the fall of 2016. After riding this sled over 1100 miles, it is everything I hoped it would be when we started the project. I like the camso track as it is durable and gets good traction. It does weigh 52lbs, 8 lbs more than a 155 x 2.6 which is the only negative I can come up with. The 146" is a 2 ply vs single ply 2.6, is full clipped and has outer drive lugs. I have thought about running the SKS 146" track that is based of the series 6 but in a 2.125" lug height, I would like to know the weight on that track. I've run a variety of A-arms and shocks on the sled, starting with Exits/Z-bros and have since settled on the Raptor Kinetic series front and rear coupled with the 39R from Raptor. The 39R gives the ability to both mountain and trail ride easily and the sled is extremely easy to ride over terrain at ridiculous speeds with the 39R/Kinetic combo. Handling is fantastic off trail and the sled is very easy to ride aggressively in the trees, it changes directions darn near on a dime

Build:
2016 800 Axys 155
TKI Gear down kit
Iceage 146" rails for 8 tooth 2.86p driveshaft
146" x 2.5" Camo Extreme Track
SLP Pipe Can
Carls Case porting/cyl porting, flashed ECU
Indy Specialties Longrod
Indy Specialties balanced/cut clutch
Raptor 39R Front end
Raptor Kinetic Shocks Front/rear
ZRP billet spindles
Mohawk ski's
ZRP rotating mass reduction kit
ZRP clutch cover
Team Tied
ZRP Lightened brake rotor
BM Fab Front Bumper and Boards

First pic is a little dated...

Attachments

• 406.JPG
    406.JPG
    803 KB · Views: 97
  • 767.JPG
    767.JPG
    414.5 KB · Views: 96

b-litt

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
McCall, ID
m.youtube.com
I suppose a guy would have to go a little shorter on the rail but 141” 2.6 powerclaw would also be an option.

Edit: Ah, didn’t see he ^^ was looking for an upgrade for an SKS. 141s not gonna bolt right up.
I talked to iceage about axys rails that could work with the 141” powerclaw track. They said the 146” bomber rails they make wouldn’t work. So I don’t know if there’s a way to get that track on the axys. Do you know? That would be my preference now that Composite is out of 146” tracks both m66 and m67.

Does anyone have experience with the peak 2.5?

Nov 27, 2008
Question. Did you just buy the iceage 146 rails and everything from the 155 skid just bolted up in the exact same position as they did with the 155 rails? (No moving rear suspension mount?) I'm looking to do the same to my 19 sks 155 and looking for answers.

That's all you do , new track , iceage rails and shorten your tunnel everything else fits.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
Just helped a customer out today shortening a khaos to a 146. Rails, track, and taking 10" off the tunnel for one wild buggy.

We built this exact sled for Caleb Kesterke this year, if you follow his riding, its pretty obvious to see the 146 khaos is an insane buggy. As you can tell, its a fun little unit and comes around rather quick.....

MKULTRA

Lifetime Membership
Dec 31, 2015
quebec, canada
Just helped a customer out today shortening a khaos to a 146. Rails, track, and taking 10" off the tunnel for one wild buggy.

We built this exact sled for Caleb Kesterke this year, if you follow his riding, its pretty obvious to see the 146 khaos is an insane buggy. As you can tell, its a fun little unit and comes around rather quick.....

The guy on the sled helps a ton tho :D

S
Dec 28, 2009

What track did the customer go with?

What track did Kesterke use?

A
Jan 29, 2019
Good review, I built a similar sled in the fall of 2016. After riding this sled over 1100 miles, it is everything I hoped it would be when we started the project. I like the camso track as it is durable and gets good traction. It does weigh 52lbs, 8 lbs more than a 155 x 2.6 which is the only negative I can come up with. The 146" is a 2 ply vs single ply 2.6, is full clipped and has outer drive lugs. I have thought about running the SKS 146" track that is based of the series 6 but in a 2.125" lug height, I would like to know the weight on that track. I've run a variety of A-arms and shocks on the sled, starting with Exits/Z-bros and have since settled on the Raptor Kinetic series front and rear coupled with the 39R from Raptor. The 39R gives the ability to both mountain and trail ride easily and the sled is extremely easy to ride over terrain at ridiculous speeds with the 39R/Kinetic combo. Handling is fantastic off trail and the sled is very easy to ride aggressively in the trees, it changes directions darn near on a dime

Build:
2016 800 Axys 155
TKI Gear down kit
Iceage 146" rails for 8 tooth 2.86p driveshaft
146" x 2.5" Camo Extreme Track
SLP Pipe Can
Carls Case porting/cyl porting, flashed ECU
Indy Specialties Longrod
Indy Specialties balanced/cut clutch
Raptor 39R Front end
Raptor Kinetic Shocks Front/rear
ZRP billet spindles
Mohawk ski's
ZRP rotating mass reduction kit
ZRP clutch cover
Team Tied
ZRP Lightened brake rotor
BM Fab Front Bumper and Boards

First pic is a little dated...
I have the weight for that SKS 146 track at my garage, and for 15x146 M67 also. I check them for you tomorow.

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
I rode a 2009 Assault RMK 146” for a few years. I really liked that length.

Norway

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Link did not work for me, but found Caleb on fb. That thing looks fun!
And yeah, rider probably matters. LOL.

Sent fra min S60 via Tapatalk

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
What track did the customer go with?

What track did Kesterke use?

Calebs sled utilizies the Composit M66. A few members of our staff have thrown a leg over this setup and it is quite a bit of fun. Once there is a base you can tackle some very impressive terrain on these things. The light weight RMK with a big paddle track is very capable even in the shorter length. And with the shorty tunnel, it whips around more like a dirtbike then a sled.

Customer was hoping to get an M66 but sounds like they are out for the season so he went with a Camso challenger 2.5".
His quote after this weekends test ride was "wow, you can have way too much fun on this even in marginal snow."

S
Dec 28, 2009
Calebs sled utilizies the Composit M66. A few members of our staff have thrown a leg over this setup and it is quite a bit of fun. Once there is a base you can tackle some very impressive terrain on these things. The light weight RMK with a big paddle track is very capable even in the shorter length. And with the shorty tunnel, it whips around more like a dirtbike then a sled.

Customer was hoping to get an M66 but sounds like they are out for the season so he went with a Camso challenger 2.5".
His quote after this weekends test ride was "wow, you can have way too much fun on this even in marginal snow."

Thanks for the info, do you happen to know what drivers he used? I am looking to use his build as a template to improve my own.

Appreciate your time, love your product it is indeed as awesome as the videos make it out to be.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
Thanks for the info, do you happen to know what drivers he used? I am looking to use his build as a template to improve my own.

Appreciate your time, love your product it is indeed as awesome as the videos make it out to be.

Both started on the stock 7T 2.86 drivers. With a center ported 2.86 pitch track just rails and track are all that are required.

Calebs sled was converted to 8T Avid extrover 2.86 pitch as he was struggling to prevent ratcheting when riding low elevation coastal snow (Whistler). The m66 hooks very hard and wet snow and lower elevation resulted in impressive power and traction causing issues. Track tension was getting ridiculous and was having a distinct drag at higher speed. It got to the point the sled would not roll off a sled deck ramp anymore. The driver change helped greatly increase top speed and "spool up" time on everything being able to run normal tension specs and reduce drag.

S
Dec 28, 2009
Both started on the stock 7T 2.86 drivers. With a center ported 2.86 pitch track just rails and track are all that are required.

Calebs sled was converted to 8T Avid extrover 2.86 pitch as he was struggling to prevent ratcheting when riding low elevation coastal snow (Whistler). The m66 hooks very hard and wet snow and lower elevation resulted in impressive power and traction causing issues. Track tension was getting ridiculous and was having a distinct drag at higher speed. It got to the point the sled would not roll off a sled deck ramp anymore. The driver change helped greatly increase top speed and "spool up" time on everything being able to run normal tension specs and reduce drag.

This is some interesting info. I'll throw my experience into here just for other peoples reference.

Ridding in the flatlands at 900 feet; about 3-4 feet of generally set up snow. Type of riding slow, technical deep lines in the trees. Close to mountain type tree ridding difference is its just flat. Running the stock Series5.2 146x2.25 track with the stock 8 tooth driver and 2.86 pitch. Track ratchets like crazy, it has to be so tight it will not freewheel down a hill (or sled ramp like you state). Also going through drive belts like crazy, 3 this season one lasted 200KM. I suspect my belt issue is due to heat, the ratcheting due to the stock drivers just sucking.

So I have replaced my drivers with 7 tooth 2.86 extraverts to stop the ratcheting and also gear the sled down in an attempt to lower belt temperatures. Installed a 2.5peak track (80% of my ridding is setup snow, and in the flatlands), I know its a trencher but performs and setup snow, which is what I ride.

I am hopping to fix the ratcheting issue as well as belt blowing/temperature.

IceAge Performance

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Gallatin Gateway, MT
This is some interesting info. I'll throw my experience into here just for other peoples reference.

Ridding in the flatlands at 900 feet; about 3-4 feet of generally set up snow. Type of riding slow, technical deep lines in the trees. Close to mountain type tree ridding difference is its just flat. Running the stock Series5.2 146x2.25 track with the stock 8 tooth driver and 2.86 pitch. Track ratchets like crazy, it has to be so tight it will not freewheel down a hill (or sled ramp like you state). Also going through drive belts like crazy, 3 this season one lasted 200KM. I suspect my belt issue is due to heat, the ratcheting due to the stock drivers just sucking.

So I have replaced my drivers with 7 tooth 2.86 extraverts to stop the ratcheting and also gear the sled down in an attempt to lower belt temperatures. Installed a 2.5peak track (80% of my ridding is setup snow, and in the flatlands), I know its a trencher but performs and setup snow, which is what I ride.

I am hopping to fix the ratcheting issue as well as belt blowing/temperature.
100% on track with all of your choices and assumptions. Running an insanely tight track as described results in tons of drag, bad fuel milage, poor belt life etc. Its like riding with the brakes applied. Being able to ride a sled with minimal rolling resistance is essential for peak performance. This is why we make almost all of our Polaris rails for a larger 8 or 9" wheel vs the stock 7.25". This slight increase in size helps create a smoother rolling more efficient system that puts power into the snow not burning it up in heat and drag.

G

ggcustoms

Dec 4, 2007
NW Wisconsin
TTT.
Any other thoughts from the ones who ride a 146"? Good for a full time sled?
I'll bug Kesterke on insta and ask him too.

S
Dec 28, 2009
Good news in this front, I was able to order the following :

Model Selected:S22TLG8RS 2022 850 RMK KHAOS MATRYX SLASH 146
SnowCheck Options:​
Windshield:​
0118412​
Low Windshield​
Convenience Package:​
0118534​
Manual Start - Low Elevation Clutching​
Handlebar and Display:​