• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Twin Rail Option Needed for Snow Check

D
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
Since all new purchases are snow check only, I would like to see a return of a twin option. I think that Artic Cat has fumbled the ball by going all in on the monorail. I assume the reasoning stems from the amount of leftover 18's and 19's. I dont hate the Alpha by any means, but I will not be snowchecking a Cat until a two rail option becomes available, if it ever will......

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Agreed if these are all “made to order” so to speak we should have more options available to us. I have no complaints on the Ascender chassis, but hopefully what they are doing leads to a new chassis release in 2022.

fudge313

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2015
Finland
Is the twin rail coming for an option? Someone said that there was a picture at parts catalog ??

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
With all the new Sno-Check phase we are in these days.........I'd like to see "personalized ordering". Mountain Cat /Alpha for example: Twin Rail or Alpha rail option, track length option (within the given two variables), Lug height 2.6 or 3". GIve us some 3-4 color packages to choose from. 2 different seat height option (storage options would fall under this catagory). Recoil or Electric with recoil. Standard punched running boards or with the billet insert option. Blah, Blah Blah.........I could go on. These parts are all on the shelves.

I understand the nuances of mfg so don't go off on me here but, seems to me, taking 3 weeks to build "sno check customer sleds" is not that far of a reach. Maybe a $500 option for "build your own".

Am I dreaming..........shouldn't be but, IMO.

I'm a CAT FOR LIFE GUY! COME ON CAT.......GET THE EDGE BACK. ALPHA IS GREAT.........LET'S GET SOME SIMPLE OPTIONS GOING AND BECOME THE HORSEPOWER LEADERS YOU HAVE ALWAYS BEEN!

#ARCTICCATLEGACY

D
Nov 26, 2007
Anchorage, Ak
x100

I dont think that a person snowchecking need a list of 100 options, but having at 5-10 would make the experience seem more personable that the current situation of "either you order what we offer or you won't get one period!"

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
x100

I dont think that a person snowchecking need a list of 100 options, but having at 5-10 would make the experience seem more personable that the current situation of "either you order what we offer or you won't get one period!"
Agreed..... options need to be simple and limited otherwise not cost effective but, options for those that are willing to put out a little extra cheddar should be available.

M8onEdge

Premium Member
Dec 24, 2011
Rigby, Idaho
I agree. Why not have the option? Ctech has enough power for what most of us do. Fix the exploding clutches, intake design, and elevate a twin rail with the alpha track and they would keep a lot of cat guys happy.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
I think people will have to build there own. Nothing textron does makes since to me. Look at their snow check option. Pretty lackluster especially considering snow check only. It would be nothing for them to give a 2 rail option. Only 2 things that keep me. Alpha rail and track. One other. When on edge they have less feedback through the bars than any of them. Other than that reliability isn't that stellar. Worst ride, bog in deep snow, least power, least options, bet they are the heaviest worst boards, worst fit and finish, worst accessories such as storage. Basically don't give belt storage. No e start on certain models. I could go on forever. They can only think of 1 thing at a time. 2 rail would be one too many for them. Better luck with Yamaha coming with a 2 stroke mountain sled. What is even funnier is all the Polaris guys whining about their release. It was a pretty good release for no new chassis. They will work better. Cat will be the same.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Order the Cat 165” and sell the mono, track and drivers and buy the aftermarket rear suspension of your liking. Way better, better ride and you get what u want. Easy peasy!

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
kidwoo, I assume that by your above statement, you are happy with your twin-rail with the IceAge Elevate kit? Care to share your thoughts/experience?

Heheh. That iceage bidness is fvckn awesome. Cat's aren't perfect in other areas but handling wise, bumping them up makes a sled that handles more like an axys but monster trucks and jumps way better. I'm one of the people that pointed out the problems that the alpha would exhibit that people are now saying, like washing on a side hill in marginal snow. Some obvious benefits with the single rail but they should still offer a real sled with a traditional skid.

Even buying an alpha, an iceage kit, and switching puts you in need of skid arms and shocks. The track looks rad and if I had a showroom of sleds I might want an alpha but neither of those is happening

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Why don’t you guys buy 18 or 19 carryovers if you want a new twin rail? Save yourselves a few grand, they really haven’t changed chit.

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Why don’t you guys buy 18 or 19 carryovers if you want a new twin rail? Save yourselves a few grand, they really haven’t changed chit.

There have been more clutch and motor problems listed in the last few months here than a year's worth of zukes back when there were a lot more people on the forum and a lot more cats out there.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
get what you pay for comes to mind... snowcheck cats start in the 12s while the others are 16k+ no?
cat has a pretty good gauge, painted rail(s) and tunnel, tether, STANDARD. very solid performer for soft snow mountain riding, still better platform than a doo imo. just gotta seal the airbox, and maybe not on the 21s? 21s should have an improved rail and drop a couple more pounds at least, cat never just does BNGs, theres always something, usually a few things.
that said id order a 21 polaris if i were in the mood to WAY overpay for a toy this year. by WAY i mean likely having to rebuild the motor before Ive even paid it off. gonna stick to my 17MC until i can pay cash next time.

Qreiff

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
kidwoo, I assume that by your above statement, you are happy with your twin-rail with the IceAge Elevate kit? Care to share your thoughts/experience?
I ride an '18 162" Mountain Cat. Installed the Elevate kit this season and absolutely love it. Very similar to an Alpha but with more predictability. It's a beast in the trees, climbing and in the deep snow.

Premium Features