• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trails west, mission, logan, charmac, high country GN trailers opinions

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
I read thru posts for the last couple of years and would like any fresh opinions/experiences with these trailers.
I am in the market for a GN with 26-30' deck with the typical features. Would prefer aluminum but the galvanized logans seem popular.
Any comments are appreciated.
thanks

Last edited:

cash

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Omaha
I read thru posts for the last couple of years and would like any fresh opinions/experiences with these trailers.
I am in the market for a GN with 26-30' deck with the typical features. Would prefer aluminum but the galvanized logans seem popular.
Any comments are appreciated.
thanks
Logan hands down.

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
If you can afford it, and have a big enough truck to pull it then a Logan hands down. But man are they heavy....

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
We have a bumper pull that we haul all over the country to shows and it's only 24' total with the V and i think it is like 6500lbs empty.

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota
I ordered a Rance renegade gn w a 24' box. All aluminum. I can answer any ?s you have just pm me. I love it. I'm heading to togwotee now if you happen to me in the area and want to take a look. I completely agree, the Logan is a beautiful trailer but I wanted aluminum, less weight, and most importantly I didn't want to be pulling a barn door for a trailer. Those things are high as snoop.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
U can buy a all sport logan which is lower and has wheel wells. I currently have a bumper pull mission that has wheel wells and it doesn't bother me one bit. I am going to be on the market for a GN trailer soon and it will either be a Logan or mission. I just haven't decided that I want to drop 50k on a trailer.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
I ordered a Rance renegade gn w a 24' box. All aluminum. I can answer any ?s you have just pm me. I love it. I'm heading to togwotee now if you happen to me in the area and want to take a look. I completely agree, the Logan is a beautiful trailer but I wanted aluminum, less weight, and most importantly I didn't want to be pulling a barn door for a trailer. Those things are high as snoop.
PM sent

Goin For Snow

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2002
South Haven MN
U can buy a all sport logan which is lower and has wheel wells. I currently have a bumper pull mission that has wheel wells and it doesn't bother me one bit. I am going to be on the market for a GN trailer soon and it will either be a Logan or mission. I just haven't decided that I want to drop 50k on a trailer.

I am not familiar with all sport logan. I am looking at the horsepower they don't seem excessively tall.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Well I guess I can cross Logan off of my list of brands for a new trailer. Check the insulation out at the 5:00 mark on the video. Definitely looks like pretty bad. Granted it's not a horsepower but u would sure thiink it would be better then this.

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
Well I guess I can cross Logan off of my list of brands for a new trailer. Check the insulation out at the 5:00 mark on the video. Definitely looks like pretty bad. Granted it's not a horsepower but u would sure thiink it would be better then this.

Bet you would be surprised when you find out they are all like that.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
Any Mission reviews? I haven't seen many in regards to the GN models, they seem nice from what I can tell. Can get them in low or high profile.

Attachments

• mission1.jpg
    mission1.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 65
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 8.36.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-12 at 8.36.35 PM.png
    575.9 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Spent a lot of time hauling a mission 28' GN around the last 5 years. in the higher option. Still has small wheel wells inside but a good balance of ground clearance for when your in some more tricky terrain but still fairly low and hides behind the truck good for towing nicely. Its all alum frame besides the gooseneck nose so that makes a big difference and it still looks great after pounding it all around the western US. Really the only external damage is because of clipping cones in construction zones and tweaking the fender flares.

Its pretty light, has heat stereo and a couple boxes so very mild build out and it is NOT heavy when empty. I would say 5k max, need to hunt down the tag on it. Definately built a little on the lighter side but also nice to pull it. I have been inside some of the logans and they are for sure higher build quality but thats reflected in price and weight. I think each brand sort of fills in a good niche in the market and just ifguring out which one best suites you.

donbrown

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Los Angeles
I think Logan is a great trailer ... out of my price range.

Any opinions on
Haulmark
TrailsWest
Charmac
Double J
Mirage
High Country
Mission.

Im looking for my first Gooseneck ... Was looking used but not many around.

Premium Features