• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Polaris RMK Khaos or Ski Doo Summit Expert

Khaos or Summit Expert

• RMK Khaos

• Summit Expert

Results are only viewable after voting.
S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
Da fuq does Bluetooth do on a sled?

+1!

My gauges needs to show a few things and those only. I want RPMs and engine temperature, (a number, not dots or bars!), and and an accurate fuel reading and that's about it. If it could be switched to show speed it is a bonus but not necessary, I only need that the few couple of times a year I pass through a town where there are speed limits. That said I have a proper GPS on my sled that is better by far, and cheaper, than for example a PIDD.

GoBigParts

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Michigan
www.gobigparts.com
+1!

My gauges needs to show a few things and those only. I want RPMs and engine temperature, (a number, not dots or bars!), and and an accurate fuel reading and that's about it. If it could be switched to show speed it is a bonus but not necessary, I only need that the few couple of times a year I pass through a town where there are speed limits. That said I have a proper GPS on my sled that is better by far, and cheaper, than for example a PIDD.
Yeah but it is a real thing for Trail riders out in the midwest and east. Polaris has had the technology for several years now. Those riders know when phone call comes in and can read a text message on their screen without even pulling their phone out. I have even used several times when a group of friends is riding the same area and waiting on a text to figure out where and when we will meet up. But if I didn't come on a doo 1st or mountain riders don't use it probably doesn't count as technology.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I've been on Polaris since 2012... have loved it. I don't think its even a contest of which sled is the most predictable and capable when things REALLY get nasty. The Polaris just flat works, and like Boorant says, that sled really does become an extension of your body. If you are capable they will take you through some insanely steep tight chit. Our group has had excellent luck with Polaris... knock on wood, we have NEVER towed one of our Polaris' out, and we've probably owned 30+ in our group over the last 7-8 years. Most of us don't run them over 1500 miles. If you are into tinkering, modding, and maintenance the Poo is by far the easiest to work on. They are built smart.

I rode an expert a couple weeks ago. It was awesome. Big time fun factor. They feel/ride extremely light, and hook up like crazy. The bottom end is night and day better than on the 850 Patriot. If a guy is not big into technical tree riding I think its the sled to have. SHOT is BIG PLUS. I have never had a sled with estart, and I don't really mind pulling the rope, but I would get SHOT no questions asked if I bought a Doo. The worst part about Doo is that they suck big time to work on. Things that are SO simple on the Polaris like changing and a arm or TRACK, or pulling the secondary, are WAY more work on the Doo, and that's frustrating, especially if you end up needing to do repairs on the mountain or in the trailer.

Both are great sleds, but they ride completely different. Best thing you could do is ride both... even riding an Axys 800 and a pre Expert Gen 4 will give you a pretty good idea of which model you will prefer.

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Just a side note, yes the bottom end on the doo is good the doo is geared low and the Poo is way out in left field with their tall gearing. Today compared my 850 Khaos(Geared down and clutched) to my buddies 850 Khaos(100% stock). Quite a difference on bottom end, stock feels flat, where geared down and clutched gives the punch like a doo, and still super cool clutch's..haha love it

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Just a side note, yes the bottom end on the doo is good the doo is geared low and the Poo is way out in left field with their tall gearing. Today compared my 850 Khaos(Geared down and clutched) to my buddies 850 Khaos(100% stock). Quite a difference on bottom end, stock feels flat, where geared down and clutched gives the punch like a doo, and still super cool clutch's..haha love it
I have been running geared down Axys’ for a few years, there is still no comparison on the bottom end IMO.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
800 axys motor has more bottom end than my 850 khaos. Both geared low, SLP clutching, the low interia of the 800 pork chop crank really helps the snappy throttle down low. But my doo 850 with SLP magnum weights and belt drive was crazy good bottom end.. Still trying to get the 850 khaos to have decent bottom end. Super soft comparatively to my 800 axys.

MTsled3

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2012
Belgrade, Montana
I haven't ridden the Khaos specifically but I voted for it for the Axys platform and the 850 motor. My girlfriend has an expert 165" and I've had some time on it and it's better than any doo I've ridden for sure, but it took me 30 seconds on a 2020 Axys 163" to decide that I'm probably switching to a Polaris next year (I'm on a 2015 T3 summit right now). I think a 163" Khaos would be the best all around sled for me. The Axys just handles so precisely, feels extremely nimble, and the Patriot had plenty of power. The Khaos setup would add just the right amount of playfulness to the longer sled without sacrificing handling. I feel like the Doo clutching is lazy in comparison to the Polaris, that thing absolutely ripped. I might have to mess with the clutching on the expert because I have ridden doo 850s that felt like they had a lot more low end grunt than hers does. Hell my 800 etec has more low-end than the Expert

Premium Features