• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Grippers ski rubber on the elevate kit

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
The 14/15 cat ski rubbers suck with the elevate when using gripper skis. Spindle sticks out too far and it's too aggressive at the tip, and just digs into the cat ski rubber. This cat rubber in the pic is the second ride on it. One deep pow dive and it is done. Luckily the dura pro gripper ski rubber is a perfect fit. And when running grippers on the cat there is no longer a need to trim the gripper ski saddles or nubs on the cat ski rubber. Its a direct fit, and the dura pros completely cover the ski saddle without the spindles stock or elevate being able to over reach the edge. Tight fit even with my ski saddles trimmed, but the dura pro has that area notched out already. The ski bolt will go through as long as you put a wedge under that spot on the inside of the ski, with the steering turned and locked out. And a hammer to get the bolt through...

full

full

full

full

Last edited:

kidwoo

Lifetime Membership
Dec 28, 2008
Just went outside and checked mine.

Yep, same thing. 3 rides. Dammit.

Thanks for the heads up.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Having the same problem time to order some dura pros

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
May just have to put the grippers on now. Got tired of dealing with the broke pads so haven’t even put them on the Alpha!

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Elevate spindles are more aggressive for sure, and beat up the cat rubber very quickly. But Id use them on stock spindles as well. I usually put a new set of cat ski rubbers on every season with the stock spindles.

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
wonder if the durapro poo rubber will fit the cat mountain spindle? been waiting for durapro to make them for the gripper to cat spindles. they say "they are working on it" but, it has been 2 years now, Ski

M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana
I think that's what CO2.0 was stating in this thread, that the Polaris Dura-pro dampers fit the Gripper skis & the AC or IceAge spindles. I hope that I understood that correctly, as I ordered the Dura-pro Polaris dampers for my '17 AC Mountain Cat running the Gripper skis today??

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
The Polaris Durapro fits the grippers no matter which spindle you are using. Not sure if they would fit the Cat ski saddle or not without modification

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
I think that's what CO2.0 was stating in this thread, that the Polaris Dura-pro dampers fit the Gripper skis & the AC or IceAge spindles. I hope that I understood that correctly, as I ordered the Dura-pro Polaris dampers for my '17 AC Mountain Cat running the Gripper skis today??

please let us know if this works on the cat 16+ spindle... the 15 cat rubber with the nubs off "works" but, the ski is VERY TIP HIGH. i think this is causing my "push", on the the trail. sled does not want to corner well at all, especially to the left. thinking if the tip was down, and more keel, wear bar was in the snow, it would turn better. we have to ride a substantial amount of trail, to get to play areas. Ski

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
please let us know if this works on the cat 16+ spindle... the 15 cat rubber with the nubs off "works" but, the ski is VERY TIP HIGH. i think this is causing my "push", on the the trail. sled does not want to corner well at all, especially to the left. thinking if the tip was down, and more keel, wear bar was in the snow, it would turn better. we have to ride a substantial amount of trail, to get to play areas. Ski
Grippers push on the trail, cat skis will corner much better. Grippers are physically easier to turn than cat skis.
19+ cat skis are good.

Sent it

skidooboy

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
central lower michigan
revisiting this as my cat rubbers with gripper skis are splitting. will the polaris gripper rubber from durapro FOR SURE FIT, AND WORK with the 16+ cat mountain spindles, with the gripper ski?
Ski

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Yes they fit, but fitment is TIGHT! Takes some work getting the bolt through. So I did take a couple really hard ski hits and ripped the elevate spindles straight through 2 durapro rubbers. The elevate spindles are too aggressive at the front tip. And combined with the durapro being stiff it rips them apart. But like I said these were 2 really hard ski hits. One hit ripped my entire suspension off and I rode back on one ski. I bought a kimpex rubber and want to try that as well. The durapros will work better if you dont already have grinded down ski saddles on your cat. But with stock grippers without grinding and durapros the bolt will be even harder to get through. Will then need to grind the front top side of the durapro.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
I thought I would bring this back to the top again. I am doing so because I picked up a used 2020 Alpha One Hardcore and I am wondering if I should go ahead and try the sled with the stock 2020 skis first or should I steal the Grippers off my 2015 and buy the Durapro rubbers right out of the chute?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Ride the 20 stock, u will be pleasantly surprised. I like the grippers better in the heavy spring snow just cause they are easier to steer.

Sent it

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Thanks Summ8rmk and Iceage!

I will also be running the an Elevate kit if that makes a difference in ski preference?
I am starting to wonder if I should maybe try the sled without the Elevate kit before putting the elevate spindles on?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Thanks Summ8rmk and Iceage!

I will also be running the an Elevate kit if that makes a difference in ski preference?
I am starting to wonder if I should maybe try the sled without the Elevate kit before putting the elevate spindles on?
Absolutely, u will love the elevate but won't know how much unless u ride without it first.

Sent it

Premium Features