• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Do We Actually live in a free Society

bholmlate

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I came across this article describing a women in the great state of Mormonville AKA Utah who is in court battling against the state's Lewdness law. She is accused of being topless in her own home. if convicted she will have to register as a sex offender for 10 years and could face jail time. From what I read she and her husband were hanging gypsum wall board in their garage and did not want to get their shirts dirty i am guessing it was a tad warm in the garage as well. While they were in the process her 3 step kids 9 and 13 walked in while both of them were topless. she “explained she considers herself a feminist and wanted to make a point that everybody should be fine with walking around their house or elsewhere with skin showing,. I guess the Ex-wife wanted to be petty and reported her to children protective services and she was charged. Funny her husband was not charged with any crime just her. I have no idea if there are were any other circumstances that caused her to be charged but in my opinion this is ridiculous. You may veiw this as poor judgement on her part but to throw the person in jail and make them register on the national register for sex offenders for walking around topless in their own home is a bit too far don't you think espeically in a country we claim as being free.

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
Where is the line drawn then - as based on what you are saying a person could then be naked. Reality is it is different for a man vs a woman to be topless.

And you can do whatever you want in you home, just be smart about it.

Last edited:

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Here is how I understand it, please correct me if I interpreted it incorrectly...
She got into trouble for exposing herself to someone else's children.

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
You do realize that your original question is poised to the entire world as there are people all over the world that are members of this forum. So the answer depends on what country you are answering from. In some parts of Canada it is legal for women to be topless. e.g. Ontario had a court challenge and now it is legal for women to be in public, topless. (unless it has been reversed as that was a few years back)

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
I came across this article describing a women in the great state of Mormonville AKA Utah who is in court battling against the state's Lewdness law. She is accused of being topless in her own home. if convicted she will have to register as a sex offender for 10 years and could face jail time. From what I read she and her husband were hanging gypsum wall board in their garage and did not want to get their shirts dirty i am guessing it was a tad warm in the garage as well. While they were in the process her 3 step kids 9 and 13 walked in while both of them were topless. she “explained she considers herself a feminist and wanted to make a point that everybody should be fine with walking around their house or elsewhere with skin showing,. I guess the Ex-wife wanted to be petty and reported her to children protective services and she was charged. Funny her husband was not charged with any crime just her. I have no idea if there are were any other circumstances that caused her to be charged but in my opinion this is ridiculous. You may veiw this as poor judgement on her part but to throw the person in jail and make them register on the national register for sex offenders for walking around topless in their own home is a bit too far don't you think espeically in a country we claim as being free.
Thats

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Who cares. It was in their house. Don't let your kids go over there. End of story

So you are saying that you'd be fine with your ex-wife's husband flapping his pecker around in front of your 12 year old daughter?
I'm embarrassed that some of you think this is acceptable behavior.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
No. We don't.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

turboless terry

Premium Member
Jan 15, 2008
Big Timber, MT
So you are saying that you'd be fine with your ex-wife's husband flapping his pecker around in front of your 12 year old daughter?
I'm embarrassed that some of you think this is acceptable behavior.
Didn't say anything about him hanging out. It was her. I think it is weird not something to be on a sex offender list.

black z

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2014
MN
Crazy ex. End of story. No way she should be in any sort of trouble.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Nope - that's just the sales pitch. Topless women aren't a big deal to more than half the world - being charged for it in your own house is crazy. It's acceptable at lots of the beaches around here, children and all. Don't make it a big deal and it's not.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
I'm pretty sure that the fact that these were not her kids is the key detail here.
Personally, I think it's pretty weird to behave as such in front of your own kids, but hey whatever, it's in their home, so not my business.
However, doing this in front of someone else's children is pretty sick & disturbing. The mother of those kids has every right to raise concerns.

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
Nope - that's just the sales pitch. Topless women aren't a big deal to more than half the world - being charged for it in your own house is crazy. It's acceptable at lots of the beaches around here, children and all. Don't make it a big deal and it's not.

This story isn't that simple.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Like Teth air said...on this topic; what’s strange in one part of the world, is illegal in another, is totally normal in another. So from my POV, it’s insane...but with regard to the local culture in question? No idea. It’s probably illegal to have sex with the lights on in some of those fly over states for all I know.

So back to the original question ...with regard to tits out, does the US rank high on the freedom scale? Hard “no” obviously. Likely due to entrenched religion and hyper-sexualization of (everything) in US society.

Last edited:
Premium Features