• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Dear Santa, All I want in a 2021 Polaris RMK is....

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
The specialized sled is great just not practical with a small market numbers in the industry. I have a few people I ride with that have went ski doo because of the terrible ride in the rough on the Polaris. They buy new every year, they don't like to put aftermarket parts on or wrench on them. With a good shock revalve or raptors and some other shocks the rmk is tolerable. These little annoying electronic issues has to stop. If Polaris don't come with a turbo they are going to lose market share.

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
The specialized sled is great just not practical with a small market numbers in the industry. I have a few people I ride with that have went ski doo because of the terrible ride in the rough on the Polaris. They buy new every year, they don't like to put aftermarket parts on or wrench on them. With a good shock revalve or raptors and some other shocks the rmk is tolerable. These little annoying electronic issues has to stop. If Polaris don't come with a turbo they are going to lose market share.

You may very well be correct that maybe there aren't enough people like me who really want it skinny and light and don't give a darn about trail ride. Nevertheless, the purpose of the thread is me telling Santa what I want, so that's what I'm doing. But yes, you are most likely correct that I won't get it simply because of the numbers game. I do also agree that the electronics issues really need to stop and also that they will definitely lose market share if they don't bring a turbo...or something else super super awesome...but a turbo is pretty tough to beat/match.

C
Nov 29, 2008
You may very well be correct that maybe there aren't enough people like me who really want it skinny and light and don't give a darn about trail ride. Nevertheless, the purpose of the thread is me telling Santa what I want, so that's what I'm doing. But yes, you are most likely correct that I won't get it simply because of the numbers game. I do also agree that the electronics issues really need to stop and also that they will definitely lose market share if they don't bring a turbo...or something else super super awesome...but a turbo is pretty tough to beat/match.
Ride 1000' to 2500' .... BRP style turbo not particularly appealing ..maybe if I rode 6000' to 8000' ...but latest crop of aftermarket turbos seem to be mostly trouble free and build more power ..so would likely go that route.
Not interested in trail riding but if I was I would pick up a trail sled - no sled will do everything - always trade offs .... That's what Assault / SKS / etc are for

New Pro RMK Axys wants:
1. Lighter & skinnier but still tough
2. Better storage - remove light pod and create massive glove & goggle space that is hot
3. Fuel efficiency of etec or better
4. Shot starter
5. Better basic shock package
6. Gauge that powers up and holds codes after engine has stopped (not a trip to dealer)
7. Short tunnel
8. Better cooling with less ice buildup

Could care less about graphics and gimmicks

As noted, most cannot outride existing sleds myself included.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
I'll join in saying we shouldn't dismiss trail manners on a mountain sled, although how much it matters depends a lot on where you ride. Some people get to park and fan out right into good stuff. Others may have 10+ miles of garbage trail they're stuck with; I know I've had rides where I felt more worked over by the trail in and out than the fun stuff. Keep in mind, I'm thinking mostly of ride; every buyer should know a narrow front end and long track with deep lugs is going to handle like a pig. Obviously, trail ride quality should never be an overriding concern on a true mountain sled, but it's worth some attention.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
The RMK will never be a perfect sled for the trails, and I know many of us need to ride trails to get to the goods, but a premium shock package can really help. With a couple quick clicks on the shocks once at the hills and your ready to go.

XC500mod

Lifetime Membership
Apr 2, 2013
keep the standard gauge. i have too many screens in my life and ride to get away from them.

Altimeter on the standard gauge

Ambient temp on the standard gauge ( I know this can be done because it's on my 2019 sportsman standard gauge)

Snowcheck options: skid/tunnel sizes, 3 inch track with belt drive, shock options - velocity, standard clicker, mono tube BASED ON RIDER WEIGHT, gearing changes

Factory Turbo

The ability to order sled with the Clutch weights you want.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Looks like Polaris needs to add some better connectors to the temp sensor (or different sensor) for next 2021. Wonder if they will send out a service bulletin on this since so many people are replacing theirs with aftermarket temp sensor wiring harness?

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Okay after reading this thread I have made up my mind.

1. A big bore would be cool and completely shut down the doodoo turbo hype.
2. No SHOT is required as on the Polaris it is just a flick of the wrist to start. (try pull starting a doo, you will see the difference)
3. Factory belt drive with tensioner with gearing choices available.
4. adjustable riser if tough and light.
5. shorter tunnel
6. 3.5" pitch track
7. Khaos shocks on all models available.
8. Updated gauge at no additional cost.
9. Drop another 10 lbs.
10. And if you haven't heard, fix the failing fuel pumps (2020 issue)

Premium Features