• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Important >>> Ski-Doo Summit 850 TURBO OEM at long last!!!!!!

Post number 92 has been selected as best answered.

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
You guys realize this sled only has a elevation compensator on it. It makes no more HP than a stock. It just doesn't lose power as you gain elevation like a NA will. It blows me away how excited you simpletons get over stupid stuff. Pay all that money for very little gain. And you can't adjust it or turn it up. Sounds like its as worthless as the 850 big bores.

JH@CM

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Aug 12, 2018
There's NO way Doo put all the R&D into this sled to have a limited, one time, mid season release.

This engine HAS to be available in the future with snow checks, etc.

H
Feb 17, 2019
You guys realize this sled only has a elevation compensator on it. It makes no more HP than a stock. It just doesn't lose power as you gain elevation like a NA will. It blows me away how excited you simpletons get over stupid stuff. Pay all that money for very little gain. And you can't adjust it or turn it up. Sounds like its as worthless as the 850 big bores.
Yeah it's lame if you ask me. What good is $4700 more if you can't use it all the time.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Yeah 40hp over current stock sleds for those of us who spend our time over 8k... with warranty. STUPID.

Frostbite

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
Eastern Washington
Well done Skidoo. It seems it's biggest selling point is that it will be able to maintain it's 165 hp at elevation. However, I may be mistaken but, at lower elevations it doesn't bring any more horsepower to the table than a naturally aspirated 850? It's using atmospheric pressure drop at altitude to trigger the sled to boost intake pressures to maintain 165 hp regardless of elevation (up to 8,000 feet). Great for the mountains because your clutching doesn't have to change as you climb. Set it and forget it.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I’m wondering how much torque.......

If it can pull some aggressive clutching and consistently recover by using a little boost now and then..........

It would make more sense if it consistently outperformed the standard 850 even at sea level.

The exhaust and intake bypass is more of a game changer than the actual turbo. (And oem level integration/ component longevity. )

Chadly

Forum Expert
Lifetime Membership
Aug 28, 2013
Snohomish, WA
It is not 40 HP more. It's the way they are marketing it that makes you guys think that. It's only 40 HP more than stock of they are side by side at 12,500'. I talk to Tony about it tonight. This is a huge gimmick and only worth it if you ride over 10,000'. It's the same sled as stock until you get over 8,000'.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
I see the aftermarket options being a more stout charge tube, cleaner intake tube, better flowing turbo exit header, titanium can, clutch kit, and oh yeah just turning up the electronic wastegate to eight pounds in the ecu. It'll be a race to see who can crack the code first!
Any bets?

Last edited:

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
It is not 40 HP more. It's the way they are marketing it that makes you guys think that. It's only 40 HP more than stock of they are side by side at 12,500'. I talk to Tony about it tonight. This is a huge gimmick and only worth it if you ride over 10,000'. It's the same sled as stock until you get over 8,000'.
Your comprehension is lacking! It will maintain 165 hp until 8,000 ft. After that it will be less than 165, but 40 hp over a regular 850 motor.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
The new sled is 165 HP from 0 to 8k....

The Non Turbo loses 3% of HP per 1000'.

....so at 6k, the N/A sled is 135 hp, the turbo is 165...

...at least that's how I read it!

Besides, Chadley, it's your favorite color! I'm SURE you need one!

Ace

Premium Features