• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Important >>> Ski-Doo Summit 850 TURBO OEM at long last!!!!!!

Post number 92 has been selected as best answered.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
The all-new
Summit 850 E-TEC Turbo

850-turbo.jpg

The world has been waiting. Ski-Doo has delivered again, with the first-ever 2-stroke turbocharged engine in the Rotax 850 E-TEC Turbo. Perfectly melded with the ultra-agile REV Gen4 platform, the Summit 850 E-TEC Turbo delivers maximum power up to 8,000 feet and continues to deliver 40 more HP than naturally aspirated 850-class engines as the ride climbs higher in elevation.

We've changed the game - again! Introducing the new Ski-Doo Summit 850 E-TEC Turbo - featuring the world's first factory-built 2-stroke turbocharged engine from Rotax. Generating 165 horsepower up to 8000 feet, it continues with a 40-HP advantage over naturally aspirated 850-class engines as the ride climbs higher.

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
ROTAX 850 E-TEC TURBO ENGINE

ELEVATION DOESN'T STAND A CHANCE

The first-ever factory-built 2-stroke turbocharged engine in any industry. The Rotax-designed and built turbo provides full 165 HP* from the industry’s strongest 850 twin up to 8,000 feet of elevation and maintains a 40-HP advantage compared to normally aspirated 850’s. Sophisticated design integrates flawlessly with the REV Gen4 platform for ideal balance at minimal weight. Ultra-impressive power, instant response with no lag, and factory reliability from a turbocharged 2-stroke - only the industry’s leading manufacturer could develop and stand behind it.
*Observed metric horsepower based on internal dyno test performed in optimal conditions.

doo-1.jpg

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher you got your order in already ?
I hope to be riding one on Monday.
And yes, I would absolutely order one.

If you want a deal on one of these, I suggest you contact SnoWest member @FreeAgent
Michelle bought a Doo dealership (
Twin Pine Motor Sports) just outside of Wolf Creek in Colorado.
I suspect she will be hooking up a LOT of SnoWest members..

turbo.jpg

Last edited:

Escmanaze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 8, 2007
USA
So we kind of get jaded in this industry to people telling us about their "game changing" technology etc. etc. This, however, is seriously the biggest single game changer I've witnessed in my lifetime. I ride Polaris. I can safely say Ski-Doo is now in first place...and it's not really even very close. I can't think of a time in my life that the #1 stock mountain sled has had such a significant lead on #2. This is truly just an incredible moment. Absolutely unbelievable.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
For stock power ~165, they should have stuffed the turbo in a 600 and bumped it to 165.
While every mountain rider out there will always want MORE, the fact is, this is a HUGE Step for an OEM.
This OPENS THE DOORS after decades of us all waiting.
a FULL WARRANTIED FACTORY OEM TURBO.

It will only get BETTER from here...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I just got an Expert this year, and will have to wait on getting one of these. Yes a real game changer for sure!
Ya, I will be honest.
Given that the current generation of the REV 4 is drawing to an end, I am MORE than a little surprised they rolled this out this year and not next year.
Thought they would hold off on it a bit longer and use it for the next evolution of the Gen 4 platform.

But I am DELIGHTED to see it.

Premium Features