• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Island Park 19/20 conditions

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
Given the wind peak of 63 last night on my weather station just north of Idaho falls and sustained 30-40, all the snow from burley to the NE should now be in island park!

Last edited:

Stovebolt

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Tetons
www.bustedcompass.com
Hi William,

Thanks for the update - you always do such a good job keeping people informed about the caldera. Much appreciated!

I'm down here in Victor, haven't been up to the cabin since Christmas. Cabin is in Fransenville - was surprised at how low the snow depth was then, less than two feet in many places. Not that shallow now. Coming back to IP soon for a longer stay and digging in for a while. Have to wait for this storm cycle to clear out so I can dig out here in Teton Valley before I leave.

All the best and thanks for all the snow reports!

Stovey
ps - We met briefly at last year's Snowest ride at Pond's Lodge, but didn't ride together. My sled had a no-start for one of the days.....

As of this morning U.S. 20 is closed from Ashton to MT. Dont worry though, I'll leave some for the rest of y'all

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Yeah, I'm not trying to hold out ;) just wasn't much going on till now. Looks pretty good for some more accumulation through the week...knock on wood

H
Dec 11, 2007
utah
This storm was for real. Id say almost four feet of new snow where we rode today. They are letting local traffic up from Ashton but they are not letting traffic go to West Yellowstone.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I'm telling ya man,
No Snow in Island Park.
Its just tragic.
Everyone should just stay home and I will post pictures of how miserable it is for everyone else!:D:D

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
Anyone want to ride Black Canyon tomorrow ? I'll be at the Big Springs lot around 10... know the area well, but with that much snow might need a ski pull every now and then ;)

Premium Features