• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Greenwater Snow Report

powderhound1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lake Tapps
Was wondering the same thing too, trailer is loaded and on the truck, studs on, truck fueled, I've got a bad itch that only a sled ride can fix, it's time to go

powderhound1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lake Tapps
Has anyone been up to Greenwater yet? Is there enough snow to ride and where do we park if there is snow. Just got my old Phazer II long tracked (141x2), and it needs some snow, need to see if it will keep up with the Pro RMK.

powderhound1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lake Tapps
Just wondering if any Snowesters ever read these posts or just too busy riding to answer a question posted here. I love riding Greenwater but have too much trailer to drive past the blacktop unless I know I can make it to the gravel pit at Mike's rock. Where are we parking guys, I just want it safe for all who travel here. Thanks for any info

C
Jan 12, 2015
I went up the 28th. Parked at the upper gravel pit. Maybe 2-3 feet tops at the cabin and all the meadows were tracked out. Looks like they might be getting some much needed snow.

powderhound1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lake Tapps
After posting New Year's eve and still no report on the Greenwater area, must not be anyone from the west side riding there or maybe I am not hooked up to the right Facebook page, but being a tech tard I don't do the Facebook thing, I still post here because this is where we all got info on riding areas, seems most people don't care about others very much anymore, kinda sad when you think about it. I miss the community and closeness we once had before we got so infatuated with ourselves. Maybe someone might like to share a little about Pyramid snowpark if you have time after you pull yourself away from the mirror. Thanks to those of us who still care.

Vincenthdfan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Olympia, Washington
After posting New Year's eve and still no report on the Greenwater area, must not be anyone from the west side riding there or maybe I am not hooked up to the right Facebook page, but being a tech tard I don't do the Facebook thing, I still post here because this is where we all got info on riding areas, seems most people don't care about others very much anymore, kinda sad when you think about it. I miss the community and closeness we once had before we got so infatuated with ourselves. Maybe someone might like to share a little about Pyramid snowpark if you have time after you pull yourself away from the mirror. Thanks to those of us who still care.

No grooming reports either...its looks like now days you just got take a gamble and hope for the best?? Definitely frustrating to say the least.

powderhound1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lake Tapps
Rode Greenwater today. Kudos to the groomer, road plowed to the snowpark at end of pavement , nice job, ran into the groomer twice, every road we hit in the morning was fast and smooth, different story coming back this afternoon but not bad after all the sleds that hit the trail, snow off road was deep and fluffy, meadows were used up, sunny on the west side and kinda flat and white east side, never the less it was a great 60 mile day with nice roads, thanks again to the groomers, felt good to be back home

Vincenthdfan

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Olympia, Washington
Rode Greenwater today. Kudos to the groomer, road plowed to the snowpark at end of pavement , nice job, ran into the groomer twice, every road we hit in the morning was fast and smooth, different story coming back this afternoon but not bad after all the sleds that hit the trail, snow off road was deep and fluffy, meadows were used up, sunny on the west side and kinda flat and white east side, never the less it was a great 60 mile day with nice roads, thanks again to the groomers, felt good to be back home

Did you have to chain up to get to and from snow park?

powderhound1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lake Tapps
I didn't chain up, I came up Saturday night, cold and icy, driving a 4wd dodge 1ton dually with studs, 11.5 ft arctic fox camper and 28ft enclosed trailer, no problem getting in or out either, lots of rigs made it without chains and regular A/T tires and lots of chains too

powderhound1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Lake Tapps
Many thanks to the groomers, eastside and west side roads were super smooth and fast today, very icy until about 10 when the snow softened up and overheating was no longer a problem. Was a bluebird day with go anywhere snow, didn't take long to put 70 miles on the sleds, social distancing wasn't a problem either, there were only about 10 rigs at Pyramid snow park, had the whole mountain to ourselves, again thanks to a great job done grooming

Premium Features