• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

KLIM Releases Two New Avalanche Airbag Backpacks

Nightsider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2019
Castle Rock, WA
thank you I will always try to learn as much as possible ordered klim atlas 26 tracker 3's bca bulldozer shovel & a probe this type of advise is a big reason I joined snowest wife & I are learning pretty much on our own ava awearnes on thur more classes to follow again thank you!

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Local dealer immediately sold all 8 of the klim avy bags they ordered. They are ordering more. Selling well it seems.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
No :( Just lots of warm rain. You got any good snow on your side of the mtns. Need a brake in ride not a brake it ride :)
Plenty of snow here.
I caused an avy yesterday. Luckily i didn't get drug down hill. Don't know if u can get any closer than that.
fbc26fbdf07cd4c9cee753f95190a0b0.jpg

Sent it

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
Pics of ABS vario o-rings that fail. The cryogenic temps and pressure make the orings brittle then they crack after a few test discharges.

They are easy to change if you think to do it. Now I test inflate the balloons. If all is good, swap in new o-rings, new canister then ready to go for season. I now use different orings than ABS. (colder temp rated) Easy fix and I have something I know works and can trust.

65f1c47fdcf562a2ae1f7bae2d90f9a3.jpg

05162b7080a6c7d603745d73593a3239.jpg

Somebody else can test pig the new Klim stuff.. Spent my money x2 on ABS

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Pics of ABS vario o-rings that fail. The cryogenic temps and pressure make the orings brittle then they crack after a few test discharges.

They are easy to change if you think to do it. Now I test inflate the balloons. If all is good, swap in new o-rings, new canister then ready to go for season. I now use different orings than ABS. (colder temp rated) Easy fix and I have something I know works and can trust.

65f1c47fdcf562a2ae1f7bae2d90f9a3.jpg

05162b7080a6c7d603745d73593a3239.jpg

Somebody else can test pig the new Klim stuff.. Spent my money x2 on ABS
The klim pack is not new technology, the only thing new is klims pack the jetforce has been out for years in the pieps bags.

Sent it

Mentzel

Lifetime Membership
Oct 10, 2009
The klim pack is not new technology, the only thing new is klims pack the jetforce has been out for years in the pieps bags.

Sent it

Any real world test videos of Klim or pieps packs? My old pieps beacons were useless..

For $1200 there should be plenty of testing videos of the Klim packs. Please do send it..

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Any real world test videos of Klim or pieps packs? My old pieps beacons were useless..

For $1200 there should be plenty of testing videos of the Klim packs. Please do send it..

This is the system that Klim, blackdiamond/pieps, scott and others are using.

Sent it

john6719

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2014

What do you want to know/see on it? I run a Pieps avy pack. Was caught in an Avy 2 years ago with it. Worked flawlessly. I was buried up to my chest during most of the event. Was able to keep my sled under me and controlled the whole time. The pack did exactly what they said it would do. Inflated quickly, every so often it ran again to keep the bag inflated, and then a couple minutes later it reversed and deflated.

I just looked at the Klim pack on Saturday. Feels a lot lighter than my pieps and seems better thought out from the little I looked at it. Storage seems pretty minimal outside of goggles and maybe some gloves. I don’t think I’ll get one until it has the reverse/deflate feature. It’s in my head now that if I were buried in an Avy, I’d like to have the huge pocket of air around me when the bag deflated vs the bag staying full and holding my face in the snow.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
That's what the users manual says I can pop it and time it to see and give you an update if you would like
All the videos i have watched, show that when u want to deflate, u must twist and hold an orange knob.
Please clarify when u have a chance.. thx.

Sent it

Nightsider

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2019
Castle Rock, WA
Good morning & merry Christmas. Ok just read manual again. Bag must stay fully inflated for 3min then will slowly start to deflate. I think that's to let the snow set up to create an air pocket if totally buried. You can go to klim & down load the manual. You'll want the long one. That ava you triggered got you rattled? or did your bag fail?

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Good morning & merry Christmas. Ok just read manual again. Bag must stay fully inflated for 3min then will slowly start to deflate. I think that's to let the snow set up to create an air pocket if totally buried. You can go to klim & down load the manual. You'll want the long one. That ava you triggered got you rattled? or did your bag fail?
Never had a bag. My girlfriend told me i nd to get one, i agree. We spend a lot of our time in avy prone places.

Sent it

john6719

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2014

Had a bag, it worked perfect. I just like the idea of an air pocket if I were buried. I really liked how the fan in my pieps reversed and completely deflated it. I think it’s an extremely important feature to increase odds of survival. No different than the argument over using a 1, 2, or 3 antenna beacon. They all work and give you better odds than not having one, but have the best if you can.

Premium Features