• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SPI Can sucks and so does their customer service

A
Mar 10, 2019
I have a full SPI exhaust on my 2015 XRS. The internal parts of the can broke loose and rattle around in there. It's too annoying to ride that way. I've had it on there for a few years. I called Straightline Performance and asked what they could do. They offered me $30 off a new one which still left me at roughly $300. Why should a part that doesn't move fail like that? It's not a suspension component for christ's sake. Sled only has a couple thousand miles on it. I'm done buying their stuff. Terrible customer service.

Last edited by a moderator:

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
A “few years” old and a “couple thousand miles” on a can?
I agree, they should have gave you at least a $500 credit.
I’m surprised they only offered you 10% off.
You should take this to the next level.

I
Dec 21, 2016
A part that doesn’t move, but sees lots of shock and vibration, that’s made out of soup can sheet metal and stitch welds, and now it’s falling apart after a few years and who knows what kind of conditions. That’s absolutely crazy; definitely worth multiple bash threads.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
A part that doesn’t move, but sees lots of shock and vibration, that’s made out of soup can sheet metal and stitch welds, and now it’s falling apart after a few years and who knows what kind of conditions. That’s absolutely crazy; definitely worth multiple bash threads.
How long is the warranty on a can?

Premium Features