• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Carbon Fiber Rails

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
im interested as well in the whole skid performance..so far from what i have read its all great..ttt

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
I tried carbon fiber trailing arms back in the day on an Edge sled. I snapped a LOT of them to the point they started sending me reinforced versions that then started damaging the mounting points. I would be concerned about the strength of CF rails. CF doesn't bend, it breaks. I would be very concerned given my past experience.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
I tried carbon fiber trailing arms back in the day on an Edge sled. I snapped a LOT of them to the point they started sending me reinforced versions that then started damaging the mounting points. I would be concerned about the strength of CF rails. CF doesn't bend, it breaks. I would be very concerned given my past experience.
False , the nextech rails are tough, I stabbed my track on my Pro-RMK, twisted the whole skid , broke some of my titanium components, but rails were straight after I got the pressure of the track twisting them.

Carbon fiber body panels are weak but nextech carbon rails are strong.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
The carbon fibre of back in the day is completely different than cf today.

Premium Features