• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riser hight

C

CHAOS RACING

Mar 5, 2012
North East
I'm 5'6" and weigh 175 with gear thinking of trying a skins 3" riser and Rasmussen post forward setup. Is anyone else running this setup that could give some feedback? I ride a 19 freeride. Im also thinking of trying Rasmussen rear spring setup and keeping my reservoir shocks. I know I'll have to soften up the valving in them due to a much firmer spring. I have to ride some trails to get to the gold

Devilmanak

Premium Member
Dec 12, 2007
Donnelly, ID
I ran a forward post on XM, never even considered it any of my G4 sleds. Shorter riser every sled, yes. I am 5'9". Try the riser before the post, on my XM you had to do some hack work to make it work, I wasn't happy with it.

S
Feb 9, 2019
I'm 5'6" and weigh 175 with gear thinking of trying a skins 3" riser and Rasmussen post forward setup. Is anyone else running this setup that could give some feedback? I ride a 19 freeride. Im also thinking of trying Rasmussen rear spring setup and keeping my reservoir shocks. I know I'll have to soften up the valving in them due to a much firmer spring. I have to ride some trails to get to the gold

I’m riding the same handle bar set up on my 2020 and ran it on my 17. I love it and wouldn’t go back. 5,6 180lbs post forward at 2” and a 3 inch riser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brylance

Lifetime Membership
Oct 29, 2010
Slightly off topic, but this year I'm trying the grip and rip isovibe combined with the expert length riser (4.7") for a combined riser height of 6" which happens to be perfect for my arm and torso length at 5' 8". Hopefully it helps with the hand numbness I was getting from track vibration (165 3") when cruising at speeds over 70km/h on some longer rides in. MVIMG_20191207_152024.jpg

Premium Features