• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best gloves for cold hands

Mike 31x

Lifetime Membership
Dec 22, 2008
Linton, ND
I am usually fine for the majority of the day riding in mountains. But by end of the day on the way to trailer nothing seems to keep my hands warm. I have a pair of Klimt togwotee gloves that I wear on trail. Hand warmers on high and dry gloves but my hands still freeze. What do you guys use on those super cold days to stay warm.

Meadow Muffin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2012
SE Iowa
Mittens for the trail ride in work awesome, otherwise I’ll second the gauntlets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
I am the same the way. I have found to hold on to the clutches for a minute with gloves on really helps me. Then your gloves are warm too. I seem to struggle when I switch gloves. The gloves are cold and I put my hands on them = cold hands for me.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
The struggle is real. I usually wait till spring to ride. It’s that bad.

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
The problem of cold hands may not be caused by the gloves but rather by not properly insulating your core. When the bodies core starts to cool the blood from the extremities is withdrawn to the core to help warm the core, if the core is sufficiently warm blood is pushed out to extremities to regulate the core temperature and the hands will be nice and warm or at least not "cold".

Cold hands are just the symptom, the root cause is not having proper layers to keep the core warm.

Just my $.02

Last edited:

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
A couple of us wear Klim Klimates, they are Klims cheapest(still $90) heavy glove, and are actually extremely warm. Looks like they’ve been redesigned since I last bought a pair, but I’m sure they are still similar to the old style.

If its gonna be below zero I bring a pair of Ice Armor mittens and wear a liner inside of those. Mittens are far from ideal, but it works fine for the trail ride home.

This year I’m trying the gauntlets mentioned above.

M
Oct 4, 2015
Montana
Keep some hand-warmer packets on board to warm those cold gloves or mitts for the trail ride out; some even have zippered pockets to put hand-warmers in. Not to be confused with the drinkable alcohol internal body-warmers!

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
My hands get cold same way + if gh love itself get overly wet and your riding at speed the cold glove itself make hands cold and glove outside starts to ice up just makes hff and cold they er get wet or feel wind in ssd ide GB live Klimates, fxr Skidoo gloves work as advertised I just needed some extra warm ones to wear especially when hff and got cold or some to put my hands in temporarily to warm.my hands so I put more gl er cable pair on and ride with easier hand movement, So I bought Pair Fxr Fuel gloves and they are insulated very well and thicker warmer glove they get my hands back warmed up pretty quick and insulated well. Also bought pool air Fly Ignite electric glove that are awesome not the thin liners the regular ride glove highly recommended.

Wildcard

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

SODAK-DOO

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2015
eastern south dakota
My hands get cold same way + if gh love itself get overly wet and your riding at speed the cold glove itself make hands cold and glove outside starts to ice up just makes hff and cold they er get wet or feel wind in ssd ide GB live Klimates, fxr Skidoo gloves work as advertised I just needed some extra warm ones to wear especially when hff and got cold or some to put my hands in temporarily to warm.my hands so I put more gl er cable pair on and ride with easier hand movement, So I bought Pair Fxr Fuel gloves and they are insulated very well and thicker warmer glove they get my hands back warmed up pretty quick and insulated well. Also bought pool air Fly Ignite electric glove that are awesome not the thin liners the regular ride glove highly recommended.

Wildcard

HUH???

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
I've tried to edit that post freakin word correct and replace on this new phone is stupid what it replaces words or some spelling mistakes with is retarded I dont get it. Lol

Anyway Fxr Fuel gloves are very warm I bought Fly Ignite heated gloves there amazing

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
A glove which has less insulation on the palm side will allow you to feel much more heat from the heated grips.

For me, a dry pair of gloves is the ticket but most times I am too lazy to put a dry pair on at the end of a riding day because they are buried in my backpack so I just suffer thru my totally worn out wet gloves with holes in them because they are my favorites and are not available anymore. I broke down and bought a new pair of lightweight gloves to take their place this season so I will find out soon how well they work.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Cold glove fix..... Get a polaris under hood bag. The one that is designed to be mounted above the exhaust muffler. Figure out a way to get it mounted, zip ties, aluminum braces, what ever it takes. They work AWESOME. I keep spare gloves and goggles in them. It will dry out frozen or wet goggles and gloves too.
When you swap out gloves not only are they DRY but they are also WARM.

Meadow Muffin

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2012
SE Iowa
Corked hand warmers work extremely well also, pro tapers are the worst but even steel bars on the trail bleed heat bad. It is also very true that if your core is cold nothing will warm up your hands or feet. I KIim mid layer or a down stuff jacket on the way out makes on heck of a difference and is a necessary addition if you get stranded by weather or broken sled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

t300

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2009
Manitoba
I’ve tried everything over 20 years. Only solution and what works fantastic for me is muffs. I use the skidoo ones for the ride up and then back down the mountain. Take em off during day and stuff in pack.

Premium Features