• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

straightline single pipe

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
What did you end up for on clutching? Did you gear it back up? Good to hear that you got it running.
I used a 62/42.40 with stock springs and mtx weights loaded to 75 grms, and stock gearing.
also ran in non eth mode.
what supprises me is, how .40 if an inch of 62 deg is long enough distance to create engine load.
One thing I did notice yesterday was, when I was sidehilling, I was more out of control and im not sure if the new clutching has anything to do with it, perhaps a backshift issue.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I used a 62/42.40 with stock springs and mtx weights loaded to 75 grms, and stock gearing.
also ran in non eth mode.
what supprises me is, how .40 if an inch of 62 deg is long enough distance to create engine load.
One thing I did notice yesterday was, when I was sidehilling, I was more out of control and im not sure if the new clutching has anything to do with it, perhaps a backshift issue.

The .40 of 62 degree helix = High early trackspeed.

It is very aggressive on the bottom end and needs torque to turn.

When it backshifts (downshifts due to load) hitting the transition between angles will definitely give you a lurching sled. ( I ran a very similar setup in my old pro rmk but with 71 grams mtx)

I’m curious what TRS or indy specialty clutching would do for you. (Very different than what you have installed)

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Just curious... would something like swapping a 2.6 out with an X3 create more engine "load"?

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
The .40 of 62 degree helix = High early trackspeed.

It is very aggressive on the bottom end and needs torque to turn.

When it backshifts (downshifts due to load) hitting the transition between angles will definitely give you a lurching sled. ( I ran a very similar setup in my old pro rmk but with 71 grams mtx)

I’m curious what TRS or indy specialty clutching would do for you. (Very different than what you have installed)

I took out the mtx weights yesterday and put in series 10 70 grm, I'll see how that goes, vohk is using all pol clutching other than a 60/42 helix.
Now my goal is to try and settle it down so I can side Hill under more control.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I took out the mtx weights yesterday and put in series 10 70 grm, I'll see how that goes, vohk is using all pol clutching other than a 60/42 helix.
Now my goal is to try and settle it down so I can side Hill under more control.
How did the power feel compared to the stocker with the 20 flash? … my pipe should be here tomorrow. Headed west next week, not sure what my plan is.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
How did the power feel compared to the stocker with the 20 flash? … my pipe should be here tomorrow. Headed west next week, not sure what my plan is.
Honestly, I haven't spent much time on a stocker this yr, all were modded in some way or another, but I did ride my son's for a few mins that was stock and the stock configuration does rip, but I can say, on Tues, I rode with a alpha with a c3 and some 850 doos and I was leaps and bounds ahead of them when it came to quick acceleration up a slope in 2 feet of heavy sno, but on the other hand, I could beat them all last yr on a stocker, the mid range is thicker but until I can get sxs with another 850 pol the jury is still out.
Vohk who's been testing it for a mth now, says it's pretty close to the slp twins without the extra added cost.
Vhok released a vid on his FB page about the spi pipe.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
What is your elevation?
If your higher than 9000 feet, I'll need a 60/42, if your lower than ull need 62/42 than just Target your rpms with weights.
Don't spin it over 8100, Jason's wants to see 79-8000.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
What is your elevation?
If your higher than 9000 feet, I'll need a 60/42, if your lower than ull need 62/42 than just Target your rpms with weights.
Don't spin it over 8100, Jason's wants to see 79-8000.
6k-12k LOL. I ordered a 62-42-.46/58-42-.36 to try

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
6k-12k LOL. I ordered a 62-42-.46/58-42-.36 to try
let me know how it goes.
did you order that helix from spi? Is that what they recommended, cause jason told me he uses a custom cut but didn't reveal the info, just told me that the 62/42 .40 would work but was advising me to stop trying to tune it myself and buy his clutch kit, but 600$ cdn is to rich for my blood .
Hes also using a 160/260 sec spring but vohk told me their using stk springs.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Honestly its the closest thing to what you're running from Venom without going a custom cut. I haven't talked to anyone at SPI.

M
Sep 13, 2009
from what everybody is finding, can anyone give me a good starting point on clutching.... cause it sounds like everyone has there own opinions.... i have a 19, stock gearing,stock clutching and ride 8k-10k 90% of the time

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
from what everybody is finding, can anyone give me a good starting point on clutching.... cause it sounds like everyone has there own opinions.... i have a 19, stock gearing,stock clutching and ride 8k-10k 90% of the time
Either a 62/42 or 60/42 helix.
Stock springs but spi uses a 160/260 sec spring
Stk gearing
Try 66-68 grm pol weight.
Spi uses adjustable weights.
The key is, u gotta load the motor or it will run like garbage.
Put in the helix and use your weights to hit 79/8100 rpm, don't go over 8250 cause it's lean in that area.
Carl's cycle should have that helix or just get one from spi

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
I was out today at Blu lake in sic a moose.
Aprox 20 inches of fresh, 0 deg.
My setup today was
Pro gears
76.3 mtx
62/42
Eth mode with 91 priem gas
Stock springs
Sled ran SOLID all day, no codes, bottom end was crisp , 79/8000 rpms.
The only thing I didn't like was, the lack of engine brake comming down nasty tree littered hills.
I got nervous a few times lol.
I guess all I gotta put in the blk purple or blk white sec spring to get some engine braking.
I'm all ears on this one, let's hear some suggestions, no brakes sucks

Jeff

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Broke sugar today in sicamous, mid way through the day I swapped my secondary for a 60/42.36 with a blk purple, sled ran nice and zippy on the flats but as soon as I got in the trees with some throttle chop, I lt fell on its face prob 4_5 times.
So back goes in the 62/42.40.
If I get a chance this week before I head north for Christmas, I'm gonna try the gold blk with this helix, im just trying to achieve more back shift for engine braking.
No det codes today in eth mode with 91 priem.
Track speed is fast and feels like a Diesel engine when it's gotta start chewing on a climb and the snow gets deep.
I'm now pretty happy with this pipe.

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Broke sugar today in sicamous, mid way through the day I swapped my secondary for a 60/42.36 with a blk purple, sled ran nice and zippy on the flats

S

snobyrd

Nov 27, 2007
northeast bc
Broke sugar today in sicamous, mid way through the day I swapped my secondary for a 60/42.36 with a blk purple, sled ran nice and zippy on the flats but as soon as I got in the trees with some throttle chop, I lt fell on its face prob 4_5 times.
So back goes in the 62/42.40.
If I get a chance this week before I head north for Christmas, I'm gonna try the gold blk with this helix, im just trying to achieve more back shift for engine braking.
No det codes today in eth mode with 91 priem.
Track speed is fast and feels like a Diesel engine when it's gotta start chewing on a climb and the snow gets deep.
I'm now pretty happy with this pipe.
TRS, Tony.
Might you have some suggestions on how I can incorporate some better engine braking?
Jeff

Premium Features