• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

USED BCA Tracker

1wpdn1

Dec 7, 2007
Looking for a 2-3 year old BCA Tracker Beacon. Any for sale out there?

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
I have one but it's brand new and never had batteries in it. Bca warrantied my old one and sent me a new one and I bought a new one. I was going to keep it for a spare but it seems like all of my buddies have spares already. $175 shipped to the lower 48
a5f2d6230e9e74307744ec92505f140d.jpg
8adacae36f4d233f8159b582a76727bf.jpg

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
Just so everyone can get a bit more clear on multiple burials and the need for 'flag' features.

Multiple Burials
That's a link to propaganda posted by the only transceiver company that doesn't have a flagging feature. While I've never been in a real life multiple burial situation I have practiced multiple burials... a lot, with both BCA and flagging transceivers. I know what I prefer and what multiple pro's I have done training with prefer and recommend.

Beartoothclimb

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Hailey, ID
That's a link to propaganda posted by the only transceiver company that doesn't have a flagging feature. While I've never been in a real life multiple burial situation I have practiced multiple burials... a lot, with both BCA and flagging transceivers. I know what I prefer and what multiple pro's I have done training with prefer and recommend.

Sure it's from a manufacturer. But there are good points. Such as "A recent study by the Swiss Avalanche Institute concluded that burials involving more than two people have gone from 10 percent before 2000 to less than 5 percent since 2000. And only about 1 percent of accidents involve close-proximity burials, in which the victims are buried within 10 meters of each other. Only in close-proximity situations are most multiple burials solved any differently than a single burial. ".

A very low probability.

Or from this study https://arc.lib.montana.edu/snow-science/objects/P__8112.pdf
"One thing is clear: A special case multiple burial situation that requires a special technique (or technology) is very rare. In the interviews, all responsible searchers in multiple burial situations pointed out that the excavation process was very time consuming! "

Plus the Tracker 3 does have a signal suppression feature which does work like a mark feature.

As a professional, I know what I prefer....and it's any beacon I'm used to and practice with. Special features help but in the end the digging portion will be the most time consuming.

B
Nov 11, 2010
Salmon Arm BC
Sure it's from a manufacturer. But there are good points. Such as "A recent study by the Swiss Avalanche Institute concluded that burials involving more than two people have gone from 10 percent before 2000 to less than 5 percent since 2000. And only about 1 percent of accidents involve close-proximity burials, in which the victims are buried within 10 meters of each other. Only in close-proximity situations are most multiple burials solved any differently than a single burial. ".

A very low probability.

Or from this study https://arc.lib.montana.edu/snow-science/objects/P__8112.pdf
"One thing is clear: A special case multiple burial situation that requires a special technique (or technology) is very rare. In the interviews, all responsible searchers in multiple burial situations pointed out that the excavation process was very time consuming! "

Plus the Tracker 3 does have a signal suppression feature which does work like a mark feature.

As a professional, I know what I prefer....and it's any beacon I'm used to and practice with. Special features help but in the end the digging portion will be the most time consuming.
I find the suppression feature more time consuming and more detail oriented to suppress and then rotate 90* on the flux line rather than simply marking. I have also had it fail and take multiple button pushes on a tracker 2. It appears we will agree to disagree.

I wholeheartedly agree on digging being the most time consuming and proper shovel technique and resource (people) usage and triage technique is the biggest opportunity in a successful live recovery.

Premium Features