• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

HP Perfomance Mod Reviews

Shane23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
I was noticing that there's few reviews here and there for perfomance mods but not a lot. Im sure more people are running mods. What people are running for hp mods? Was it worth the money? We already know that they run great stock, so we dont need to hear that.

yz250_

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
I love the smoothness and feel of the belt drives.

Speedwerx kits seem to work a lot better than the SLP kits on the Cats.

Shane23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
Im wondering how the ssi and bikeman pipes are working. Would I be better off just getting a tune? The 15% off black friday deals are tempting

CB.8

Skidoo hill crew
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Colfax, WA
I think if I wanted more hp I would do a turbo. If not oil, fuel, clutch and can in that order. By the way I have done all to my new sled.

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
Im wondering how the ssi and bikeman pipes are working. Would I be better off just getting a tune? The 15% off black friday deals are tempting
The bikeman pipe does work, increased my rpm by 200 plus rpm definitely have to clutch for it.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
ive got the ssi pipe mod y pipe and then a ggb trail can. put in a set of cpc adustable weights and at 9500 to 10k im running 2 grams more than the stock weights for 6-8k. runs great. they now have a feflash for this setup that is supposed to add 5 or more hp. i am very happy with it for cost.

Shane23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
ive got the ssi pipe mod y pipe and then a ggb trail can. put in a set of cpc adustable weights and at 9500 to 10k im running 2 grams more than the stock weights for 6-8k. runs great. they now have a feflash for this setup that is supposed to add 5 or more hp. i am very happy with it for cost.

Seems like a lot of bang for the buck. Especially now $545 with the 16% off black friday deal. Plus a $200 credit if you send in your own pipe. Tempting

Shane23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
0-3000 ft no tune on a 19
And no problems huh? I was told by a shop I'd have a hard time running a bikeman setup without a tune at 9k+. If that was true I would think you would really have problems at your elevation. Its funny how many different things you hear about power mods

A

ak

Dec 7, 2007
And no problems huh? I was told by a shop I'd have a hard time running a bikeman setup without a tune at 9k+. If that was true I would think you would really have problems at your elevation. Its funny how many different things you hear about power mods
First I’ve heard of that

badaltitude

Lifetime Membership
Jan 24, 2010
north dakota
I run 9-10k’ with the bikeman pipe only, no tune. Not one problem with the way it runs. It rips for a simple mod/install. Only problem I had is it melted the f outta my apv cables. I’d definitely heat tape the heck outta them.

hansenmac

Lifetime Membership
Oct 22, 2012
Deering ND
Seems like a lot of bang for the buck. Especially now $545 with the 16% off black friday deal. Plus a $200 credit if you send in your own pipe. Tempting

im really happy with it. now they have a reflash for the pipe that picks up a 5 or so more hp. i dont have that and my sled ran flawless. i rode with two 850 skidoos one 165 one 174 and neither could climb what mine could. i was very surprised. the 174 had a geardown kit and skins helium hood. we even swapped sleds being he has 50lbs on me and he rode mine up and over and i couldnt get his up to the top.

yz250_

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
Has anybody seen real world comparisons between SLP stage 3 vs Speed Werx stage 2 ?

We have had them both on the same mountain at the same time. There is not even a comparison. The speedwerx stage 2 kit drastically outperformed the SLP stage 3 kits. Both kits were installed in the same shop and set up by the same mechanic. There are always variables in setup, but from what I've seen it wasn't even close

Last edited:

Shane23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
I run 9-10k’ with the bikeman pipe only, no tune. Not one problem with the way it runs. It rips for a simple mod/install. Only problem I had is it melted the f outta my apv cables. I’d definitely heat tape the heck outta them.

What clutch set up are you running?

Premium Features