• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Handle-bar gauntlets/muffs

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
I use them as a last resort. Will go bigger/thicker gloves first. But when that doesn't work, i go to the Klim ones.

Neither bulky, or obnoxious.

Hmm - As I type this reply, I'm also thinking that if I can get used to them, perhaps i put them on while riding with thinner gloves in order to maintain dexterity instead of going to gloves modeled after the Michelin man........

G
Nov 24, 2008
SK, Canada
I have ran the Cold Guard gauntlets in the cold for many years. They work extremely well for wind blockage and still allow full view and access to controls, and they install within about 30 seconds. I just bought the Powermadd Fuzion guards (same as RSI) and I think I will like them. They are mostly a neoprene type construction and use metal mounts so they should be able to survive alot of abuse. They offer alot of coverage too.

These are both options that I use in the cold prairies. I take them off when we go for a mountain trip.

3c.jpg cc.jpg

03RMK800

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Kremmling, Colorado
I have a brand new pair of Skldoo facotry handlebar gauntlets similar to photo 1 on gforce's response-- but my say Skidoo and do not require a metal mount-- velcro only, another way of a really fast mount/unmount.
Looking for $35/offer plus shipping. PM me and we can figure a price and shipping. PayPal preferred.
I am usually on Snowest later in the evening (I'm in the Mountain timezone) and check for messages. I can get you a part number, too. Thanks!

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
I have had a pair of old skewl SkiDoo muffs for >20 years and they have been shot for a while now. Unless I git stuck on a trail for a while - I most always ride in Jersey gloves. During the day in decent temps I don't use the muffs at all - the hand grip heaters are good enough. But if it's a cold day - I like to toss the muffs on.

I see an ad for the Rox muffs this fall and went online to order, and they were 50% off at the time, so I bought a set for my boy for Christmas.

Those ones that are all wool (?) lined and heavy duty would be nice if I was riding trails, but they are just too heavy for playing offtrail. The lighter duty ones - like the Rox and such allow you to actually grip over top of the muffs and keep going if you get pulled out. That is one of the features that make them a no-brainer for me.

I have yet to ride with them of course....

B
May 13, 2009
i gots some of these work great
easy on and off
do it at home to get used to setting up
on those really cold days

Shane23

Lifetime Membership
Nov 22, 2012
I have the smaller skinz heatloc guards. They are nice. They block enough wind and snow that I can wear light gloves when its cold and not freeze my hands. I pretty much keep them on all the time unless its a warmer day. But they are super easy to pull off real quick if I dont need them.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Ordered some Klim ones after seeing this post... I hate having cold hands! They seem nice, I think they’ll be the ticket when it’s extremely cold.

P
Oct 12, 2019
Ive been using Skinz, Velcro’s on and off but lately I’ve just left them on. They are a Gortex Material and not a hand guard , minimal tree protection. Plenty warm to wear thin gloves all the time.

bobback

Lifetime Membership
Feb 21, 2008
"The Last Best Place"
I use them as a last resort. Will go bigger/thicker gloves first. But when that doesn't work, i go to the Klim ones.

Neither bulky, or obnoxious.

Hmm - As I type this reply, I'm also thinking that if I can get used to them, perhaps i put them on while riding with thinner gloves in order to maintain dexterity instead of going to gloves modeled after the Michelin man........

Ordered some Klim ones after seeing this post... I hate having cold hands! They seem nice, I think they’ll be the ticket when it’s extremely cold.

Do you both plan on using them when riding the powder? Or just on the trail and then fold them back? As I see they can be folded back.

What are you thoughts on them so far? With just being on the sled and having your hands in them.

I ride the powder but have some trail to ride on the way in, and of course out and my hands are often cold. Was thinking of trying these out.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I’ll probably just use them on the trail, though you could probably run them all day. Not sure what you mean by fold them back but they go on and off super easy. Little velcro and a zipper. Really simple design. They aren’t too thick but are fairly big. If you have a decent size tunnel bag that they can lay flat in they won’t take up alot room, might get a little tougher if you have to fold them up.

With gloves on and your eyes up I bet a guy will forget they are even there. They aren’t restrictive at all. Should do exactly as intended.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
I’ll probably just use them on the trail, though you could probably run them all day. Not sure what you mean by fold them back

Depending on the model, but the lighter ones I have always been able to just roll up inside out up over the center of the bars so that they are out of the way during the warmer part of the day.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
Oh... that makes sense. I’m on an Axys, not sure if that will work with pro tapers, but I’ll check it out later.

frntflp

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Plymouth, MN
Do you both plan on using them when riding the powder? Or just on the trail and then fold them back? As I see they can be folded back.

What are you thoughts on them so far? With just being on the sled and having your hands in them.

I ride the powder but have some trail to ride on the way in, and of course out and my hands are often cold. Was thinking of trying these out.
Definitely able to us them to and from the play areas (on the trail). However wanting to try them while in the powder with lighter gloves. Hopefully works well.

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
I use the Skinz Grizzly Gauntlets. Love them. They actually keep my hands warm and yet are easy to get my hands in and out. I got used to them in no time and protect your hands from tree branches pretty effectively. They're not cheap but have become a mandatory thing for my sleds now.

idahoskiguy

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
Boise, ID
Noticed that Chris Burandt was using gauntlets so they must not interfere with riding in most any conditions.

Premium Features