• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

08 D700 BD none inter cooled 3000ish feet base line tuning

S
Oct 31, 2019
Hey dudes. Im building a d700 turbo as an all around fun sled. But...i need help with tuning and base line numbers. As said, its a full boondocker kit with the BD box.

Clutch weights? Thinkin 76ish? Anyone got some base line numbers? Low boost. Even 6-8 pounds will be fine.

Its a dinosaur but someone has to have so.e numbers scribbled down.

ez-ryder

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Dawson Creek B.C.
Hey dudes. Im building a d700 turbo as an all around fun sled. But...i need help with tuning and base line numbers. As said, its a full boondocker kit with the BD box.

Clutch weights? Thinkin 76ish? Anyone got some base line numbers? Low boost. Even 6-8 pounds will be fine.

Its a dinosaur but someone has to have so.e numbers scribbled down.

boondocker baseline numbers will be rich at 3000 feet. they will work at 5000 alright.
do you have an o2 sensor?
baseline from BD was
psi high 42 60 56
6700 low +2
that should be close at 5000 feet.
because your fighting the Stock ecu changing the tune. it will tune backwards to what your used to. go up in elevation add fuel, go down pull fuel out.
on the low end 3000-5000#s which will be pre boost, it will tune more to what is normal. drop elevation add fuel go up take it away.
boondocking in the trees at elevation often requires going into the -#s in the 3000-5000 screens to make it run decent.
once your trail riding again you'll need to richen up the 3000-5000 screens.

76 will be too much weight more than likely. 8lbs with no timing key is probably almost straight Av gas situation at 3000 feet.

just slowly take fuel out till it pulls and is "on the pipe". at that point it wil be around 11.5 to 1. run it at 12-12.5 to 1
super rich conditions can show super lean on the o2. always make sure your too rich before you take fuel out.
it's pretty easy to tune at WOT.

welcome to the world of watching o2 sensors and play computer games as you ride.

S
Oct 31, 2019
boondocker baseline numbers will be rich at 3000 feet. they will work at 5000 alright.
do you have an o2 sensor?
baseline from BD was
psi high 42 60 56
6700 low +2
that should be close at 5000 feet.
because your fighting the Stock ecu changing the tune. it will tune backwards to what your used to. go up in elevation add fuel, go down pull fuel out.
on the low end 3000-5000#s which will be pre boost, it will tune more to what is normal. drop elevation add fuel go up take it away.
boondocking in the trees at elevation often requires going into the -#s in the 3000-5000 screens to make it run decent.
once your trail riding again you'll need to richen up the 3000-5000 screens.

76 will be too much weight more than likely. 8lbs with no timing key is probably almost straight Av gas situation at 3000 feet.

just slowly take fuel out till it pulls and is "on the pipe". at that point it wil be around 11.5 to 1. run it at 12-12.5 to 1
super rich conditions can show super lean on the o2. always make sure your too rich before you take fuel out.
it's pretty easy to tune at WOT.

welcome to the world of watching o2 sensors and play computer games as you ride.

Thanks for the info/reply. 8 lbs is probably the max i will run. Just going to keep it super conservative. And probably grab a 3*timing ekey to be able to hopefully run pump gas....or to be able to run av if i start deciding to upthe boost.

Dose anyone make a better tuner for the 700/800 anymore. Something a bit less hands on that you dont have to tune every half hour?haha

ez-ryder

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Dawson Creek B.C.
you should be able to find a power commander v
it will work better once tuned. far more parameters to work with and map sensors to fix the issues the boondocker box has. I've never used it.
a friend has on rzr 800.
it needs a computer.
you can make some changes with a Android cell phone app.

N
Jan 3, 2008
Northern Utah
Dang does that bring back memories....mostly bad ones.. haha. This was initially a bd kit but ended up changing a bunch of stuff and changed over to a dobeck box. Made insane amounts of power but I would of liked to have just kept it how BD intending in the end.

284607-1383695592-176689.jpg

ez-ryder

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Dawson Creek B.C.
you would want to check if your box has the "air density advantage"
I never ran without it. but I would say it's a good thing. I never noticed having to adjust for temp. so it must work.

Premium Features