• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski stiffener

Snow4life

Lifetime Membership
Sep 30, 2012
Aberdeen, South Dakota
Looking at stiffening up the skis. 2017 summit. I cant decide on which product to go with. Durapro ski rubbers or the munster ski stiffener? Do they both achieve the same thing?

julians

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2010
Park City Ut
I just ordered the Dura Pro ski rubbers for my Gen 4. It seems like the Munster stiffener will just cause the stock rubber to wear faster. Lifetime warranty with Dura Pro is also a plus. I could be wrong though...

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I like to center my skis. So the Durapro would make sense if you Doo too.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
The munster ski saver won't wear the rubber any faster cause it widens the contact surface that the spindle lacks if rubbers wear out it cause it's a stock rubber it will last longer with the monsters the monster ski saver lips over top of the spindle not along we ing the ski to top up to far it slows necessary movement over whoops but you can blast thru drifts with CV confidence it d oh sent stab up.like a dozen blade stopping ya or tossing you off. Add durapro rubbers and problem pretty much solved its huge change I dint see it a down fall but yes you cant center ski on spindle unless you narrow modify the the Munster part.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

W
Apr 4, 2018
I don't think munster makes a ski bushing saver for the G4, only the ski bushing stiffener:

I could see this helping, but i'm not sure how long the ski rubbers would last with it in. I'm also trying to decide between the durapro and this.

wildcard28

Dec 18, 2007
Clarkston WA
s375.photobucket.com
I don't think munster makes a ski bushing saver for the G4, only the ski bushing stiffener:

I could see this helping, but i'm not sure how long the ski rubbers would last with it in. I'm also trying to decide between the durapro and this.
Didnt realize they weren't avaliable for Gen4. Ya durapro has to be big improvement.
You all know if its possible to put gen4 spindle on Ras2 Xm frontend?
Wildcard

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

I

Icedog

Feb 9, 2006
Grande Cache, AB
Yes. I cut the spacer in half and added a washer to make everything snug. No play side to side at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
I did the washer thing in the past and wanted to avoid that so I bought aftermarket spacers. They work great. More expensive though.

Premium Features