• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Has anyone tried to shorten a g4 tunnel

rab

Lifetime Membership
Dec 15, 2007
nice , I see there is a crowd that makes a shortening kit for Polaris tunnel , it comes supplied with inserts that join up the rear and it uses epoxy of sorts. it was in the latest snowest catalog

Matte Murder

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 4, 2011
Nick that look awesome. They don’t make a 175 expert obviously so if you want one the least expensive way it to shorten the tunnel on a 175. Or wait a year and hope Doo does an Expert 175.

N
Jan 2, 2013
Nick that look awesome. They don’t make a 175 expert obviously so if you want one the least expensive way it to shorten the tunnel on a 175. Or wait a year and hope Doo does an Expert 175.
I'm guessing the reason they don't is because it would take much more work to make a 175" expert. The current models can just be a different skid and gearing in a current chassis. The 175 would still need the same suspension mounting points, but shorter tunnel and cooler. Really no way to do it without making another chassis. Not saying it wont happen, but the current expert really wasn't much work on Doo's end.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

rulonjj

Lifetime Membership
Apr 15, 2008
capitol town, WY
I cut mine in the middle so that I could avoid any warping on the back of the cooler. That's a lot of welding in one area, it will he hard to keep it all nice and true. I also didnt want to burn all the powdercoat off the top of my tunnel and wanted the lines to match up on the original taillight housing. Mostly just cosmetic stuff, but I have a nice finished product. I'm not at all worried about it cracking in the middle.
72b3cb3fa17fce15890e33181dbd5e4a.jpg

Who’s tmotion delete are you using?

Ras74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 3, 2020
Just buy a shorter model than you intend on having, and install longer rails and a new track.
I cut mine in the middle so that I could avoid any warping on the back of the cooler. That's a lot of welding in one area, it will he hard to keep it all nice and true. I also didnt want to burn all the powdercoat off the top of my tunnel and wanted the lines to match up on the original taillight housing. Mostly just cosmetic stuff, but I have a nice finished product. I'm not at all worried about it cracking in the middle.
72b3cb3fa17fce15890e33181dbd5e4a.jpg

How much did you cut off??

Premium Features