• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2020 snowest sled trailer

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
No trailer planned for this season.:(
Might have something new for 2021 though
Will be having conversations about this that weekend at the snowshow in Salt Lake City.

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
No trailer planned for this season.:(
Might have something new for 2021 though
Will be having conversations about this that weekend at the snowshow in Salt Lake City.
What???? That's too bad. I thought that was a pretty cool thing you had going with Mirage. Loved seeing all the detail you put into the review and the changes they implemented based on feedback.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
What???? That's too bad. I thought that was a pretty cool thing you had going with Mirage. Loved seeing all the detail you put into the review and the changes they implemented based on feedback.
we do not do a trailer "Every" year.
This is an off year.
Will be looking at what "could" be built for 2020 this weekend.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
I think my next Project Trailer might be an 18ft rather than a 28ft.
Just enough for 2 sleds in Style or maybe three in a pinch.
Personally I love my 19ft 3 place. It's easy to park, lighter weight than a larger 4 place which makes it easier to tow and less expensive too. I'm seriously considering going to a 21ft with my next one though for just a little more breathing room when there's 3 on board. Right now I can fit all 3 of any length in any spot as long as they're all facing backwards, but it's tight walking around them to fuel up and such. A touch more room would be nice, though not totally necessary, I might stick with a 19' again on my next one... time will tell. I was hoping to go from my 2002 model to a new one this year, but it's not in the budget unfortunately, after 18 years, she's starting to show her age a bit.

I always enjoy your trailer build threads... it's cool to see what can be done on a ground-up custom build!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Personally I love my 19ft 3 place. It's easy to park, lighter weight than a larger 4 place which makes it easier to tow and less expensive too. I'm seriously considering going to a 21ft with my next one though for just a little more breathing room when there's 3 on board. Right now I can fit all 3 of any length in any spot as long as they're all facing backwards, but it's tight walking around them to fuel up and such. A touch more room would be nice, though not totally necessary, I might stick with a 19' again on my next one... time will tell. I was hoping to go from my 2002 model to a new one this year, but it's not in the budget unfortunately, after 18 years, she's starting to show her age a bit.

I always enjoy your trailer build threads... it's cool to see what can be done on a ground-up custom build!
18-21 would certainly be the ZONE I was looking for as well.
Just think with both of my sons moving on with their lives, I don't have any need for the big 5 sled trailer any more.
Would prefer something smaller and more nimble.
Spent a little time looking ast the 20ft Trails West trailer that was on display.
Size wise, that felt just about right.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
If the need is mainly 3, I would go 7 ft wide. Lower deck, pulls easy, and much better in the wind. Mine is 7 x 25 so it’s 20 on the box and a 5 ft v nose. 3 fit easy and you can crowd 4 if necessary.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
If the need is mainly 3, I would go 7 ft wide. Lower deck, pulls easy, and much better in the wind. Mine is 7 x 25 so it’s 20 on the box and a 5 ft v nose. 3 fit easy and you can crowd 4 if necessary.
Really?
That 8.5ft width is where all the JOY comes in though.
There is SPACE to stretch out and be comfortable INSIDE the trailer.
To be honest, for ME, the trailer is LESS about "Hauling" the sleds than the BEFORE and AFTER sledding experience.
And when needed, the REPAIR work on a broken sled.
I don't think I would go down in width, though I TOTALLY hear what you are saying about Easier towing with a narrower trailer.

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO
Christopher - Bummer no new build this season! I enjoyed following what you were doing as I incorporated many aspects of what you found to be useful into some of my trailer builds over the years. I just recently purchased a 7.5' wide by 18' box plus a 5' V. This is the perfect size for 3 newer mountain sleds and it's all aluminum so it weighs nothing and is handled by my new GMC half ton easily. Just an option I thought I'd throw out there...it's in between the full 8.5' wide that you can't see behind, but yet larger than the inline's I've had in the past...seems to be a very good compromise!

IMG_7068.jpg IMG_7071.jpg

Premium Features