• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New Polaris alignment bar

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I’m having alignment bars made. They will also work with an electric start primary.

This is the best news I've heard in a while.

Excited for the alignment process to be simplified a little.

For those who are skeptical or just curious about Tony's alignment specs. THEY WORK. I have a pile of old belts with pulled cords etc, all with under 200 miles. in the last 800 since I swapped to the TRS clutching and alignment. 1 belt got worn out and needed replaced around 600 miles. That makes me a happy camper.

Nice work Tony, thanks again for all your hard work and being such an invaluable resource.

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
Hello Tony,
Let us know when you get your alignment bars made. Are you selling them? Are you also going to offer machining the mounts? What other services are you going to offer this year?
Lastly, thanks for your attention to detail. Polaris does a great job of mass production, but bean counters would never allow for the time dialing in everything perfect along with ultra balancing. When Indy Dan machined and ultra balanced my last 850's clutches you could even feel the difference in handlebar vibration! Smoooooth....This message is supported by my crank bearings;)

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Thanks for the inquiry.
Yes, the alignment bar will be offered for sale.
The alignment bar will also be a component of my clutch kits going forward.
As far as machining the mounts.......I’ll have to think about that one. I need time to ride also. ;)

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Picked a new bar up from tony this week. VERY pleased with the quality of the tool and excited to have a quick clean and easy way to check alignment/offset!

Got a pile of buddies to help getting sleds setup proper now.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
got mine yesterday.

wish there was instructions.
Sorry about that. I’ll build instructions.
Thought that would be self explanatory.?
The Secondary‘s leading edge should be shimmed “out” to meet the bar.
Then give the secondary .030” of outward float through shimming the retaining bolt

My bar is going to show how much leadin Polaris has built in the chassis.
If you are aligning the engines center to center(11.5”) and leadin. You will be looking for a rear gap between the secondary and alignment bar, of .020”-.030”
The 800 AXYS doesn’t have the adjustment capability, the 850 does by machining the mounts. I have covered that process in another thread.
Hope this helps with the confusion.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
My ctc bar was manufactured by TNT Tools. It’s the PRO 2000 purchased from HPE back in early 2000.
Anyone have an up to date source for them?F7D762A5-6BE9-437C-86BB-C2622D832C91.jpeg

rocket

Premium Member
Jul 20, 2001
Wisconsin
Sorry about that. I’ll build instructions.
Thought that would be self explanatory.?
The Secondary‘s leading edge should be shimmed “out” to meet the bar.
Then give the secondary .030” of outward float through shimming the retaining bolt

My bar is going to show how much leadin Polaris has built in the chassis.
If you are aligning the engines center to center(11.5”) and leadin. You will be looking for a rear gap between the secondary and alignment bar, of .020”-.030”
The 800 AXYS doesn’t have the adjustment capability, the 850 does by machining the mounts. I have covered that process in another thread.
Hope this helps with the confusion.

If you don't mind me asking, does your bar have lead-in designed into it or does it give you a true indication of your alignment? Want to have confirmation that the .020" - .030" gap at the back of the secondary is the "true" measurement you're aiming for.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Thanks for the question.
My alignment bar gives you the True indication of lead in.
I like .020-.030” of lead in.
Which you know, Float is the amount the secondary moves on the shaft. I shoot for .030”.

Premium Features