• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

This for real

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Yeah Doo's are pricey, but is your warranty actually from cat or a 3rd party BS kinda thing?

thump426er

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
West Koots
Yeah Doo's are pricey, but is your warranty actually from cat or a 3rd party BS kinda thing?

Correct, it is 3rd party. The ability to add cat warranty wasn’t available in 20 I was told. Name escapes me at the moment but AWS rings a bell. I went through the fine print and ensured there was coverage for everything I had concerns about failure/breakage, but it appeared IMO one of the better carriers for coverage. Not to mention there’s 3500 of savings for me to dip into if necessary which Doo just pockets from buyers if there are no issues.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Correct, it is 3rd party. The ability to add cat warranty wasn’t available in 20 I was told. Name escapes me at the moment but AWS rings a bell. I went through the fine print and ensured there was coverage for everything I had concerns about failure/breakage, but it appeared IMO one of the better carriers for coverage. Not to mention there’s 3500 of savings for me to dip into if necessary which Doo just pockets from buyers if there are no issues.
Kinda my thoughts, 3500 will cover a ton and im willing and able to do the work myself if need be, honestly rather do the work myself.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I too would do the work myself, It gets done faster and I just can't stand not know what or how it was done. so 1 year is fine with me.

Last edited:

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana

I believe both Doo and Pol's are 1 year factory warranty and then years 2-4 are some associated 3rd party. AC used to be that way too, 1 year factory warranty and the rest is under a 3rd party. Pretty rare to get a full 4 year warranty directly from the factories.

smokindave

Canada Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Calgary Alberta
I went with 1 year warranty on my 20 HC.
3500 for 3 more years was a touch too much for my budget.

So out the door at 15,100 Canadian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ziggity

Premium Member
Mar 30, 2015
Looks like they will have a Hardcore 154 with a 2.6 option which I believe wasn't available, would be a better option for us eastern guys.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
Looks like they will have a Hardcore 154 with a 2.6 option which I believe wasn't available, would be a better option for us eastern guys.
I seen one last yr.
Other than the windows in the center of the track, it looked identical to the 2.6 powerclaw currently used.

There are a few different track options testing on the Alpha rail.

Sent it

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
I've read here in past the third party warranty is a joke. And I bleed green, but I doo think there's a reason a doo should cost more. they're imported. and the build quality still looks a notch up. I won't buy one until they ditch that trail rider position but just sayin.

thump426er

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
West Koots
I went with 1 year warranty on my 20 HC.
3500 for 3 more years was a touch too much for my budget.

So out the door at 15,100 Canadian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3500 for 3 years??? Holy crap!!! Who was that rip off from? Ralph’s? Think the regular Joe price was 2k,,, then negotiate down from there.

thump426er

Lifetime Membership
Feb 25, 2008
West Koots
I've read here in past the third party warranty is a joke. And I bleed green, but I doo think there's a reason a doo should cost more. they're imported. and the build quality still looks a notch up. I won't buy one until they ditch that trail rider position but just sayin.

Even though doos are imported to the US, it’s cheaper in the US than here in Canada to buy. One of the many reasons I’ll never own a skidoo when they cost more where they originate,,,, totally unacceptable. A company should never ship a product elsewhere, pay duty/taxes/shipping etc then charge its own country more to buy. Brutal!!

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Even though doos are imported to the US, it’s cheaper in the US than here in Canada to buy. One of the many reasons I’ll never own a skidoo when they cost more where they originate,,,, totally unacceptable. A company should never ship a product elsewhere, pay duty/taxes/shipping etc then charge its own country more to buy. Brutal!!
oh, you're in Canada, ya that's a little funny. still, doo motors come from Austria right? some of the cat accessories that you might see on an accessorized sled come from china :(. I hate that. wouldn't be surprised to learn the a-arms and some of the parts are Chinese too. oh well, they perform and the sleds are durable as any!

P
Nov 26, 2007
This was from last year.... See link

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
130's, 140's... ?
Looks like a beginners mtn sled?
Seat is for kids or trail riding.

Sent it

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
I won't be sad to see a true kids mountain sled. Next question is can they keep the price down low enough for it to be affordable? $5500?
I think people need to change their idea of what a legit kids mountain sled should or will cost, I wouldn’t expect it to be anything under 8k if thats what it is.

Whatever it is its got an alpha skid and a tunnel that belongs on a 174 LOL

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
I think people need to change their idea of what a legit kids mountain sled should or will cost, I wouldn’t expect it to be anything under 8k if thats what it is.

Whatever it is its got an alpha skid and a tunnel that belongs on a 174 LOL
$5500 would just be a nice dream. I was thinking $7k was more realistic for a real machine lol.

That tunnel gives the kids bonding opportunities to make Burandt tunnel mods in the garage "just like dad's machine". Cat should make an accessory cutting template and new bumper rivets for $109.95 and make eve more money.

Premium Features