• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

This for real

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
The track is not a powerclaw.View attachment 333528

looks like the challenger from the riotX. Alpha rail... why not? guys say they handle trails fine. skis look concave up front. might be a real rowdy 50/50! id be down! leave the avy gear at home and get back to racing down the trails while still being able to get into the remote areas when the snow is suitable, like we used to do around here.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Alpha suspension is great. They are in demand so now you can sell the Alpha suspension and track for a good dollar. Now add a thousand or two and go ahead and buy whatever suspensIon and shocks you want. It’s great!

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
I think what AC is doing is awesome. All new sled sells presold at a discount. Dealers have 100% control and accountability of any in season sleds they pull the trigger on; no more factory mins. Factory knows exactly what to build, no more working capital tied up on extra slow moving inventory. And the best thing, we should see a big rise in used sled values; no more crazy factory rebates killing the used sled market. If you don’t pull the trigger on a snowcheck your in season options are buy brand new at full MSRP (if you can even find one) or used. May even see dealers giving better trade-in values. This will give them away to get in season floor inventory. I see nothing but positives from this, maybe I’m wrong but will be fun seeing how this turns out.

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I know right? Cat is selling next years snow checks in early season lower than Doo than Poo current year floor models. The lower Cat price could force Doo and Poo to sell their floor models for a lower price to stay competitive. This situation could hurt the Doo Poo bottom line and benefit Cat as they created a product that is desirable and is kinda tough to get if the customer doesn’t plan ahead. It’s kinda cool to watch this new way of marketing in the same ol’ same ol’ sled biz.
The funny thing is Cat spends very minimal on advertising and marketing and they are building a following on the product alone. No hype, no haggle price, easy peasy. Sit back and watch the show ladies and gentlemen, sit back and watch the show.

J-Dog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho Falls Id
All the other brands already know what they are going to release next year also all cat done was leaked a couple of picture. Enjoy what you have every year there will always be advancements that’s a good thing.

Last edited:

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
But doo and poo have 4yr warranty..cat prices are lower but also only 1yr warranty. For some it may not matter. But its easier to sell a 2 or 3yr old sled with remaining factory warranty

powwow

Lifetime Membership
Jan 16, 2009
East Kootenay
If they came out with something I wanted I might be disappointed. Same sled by the looks of it. If they came out with a nice new tricked out mountain sled. I wouldn't be to happy. Glad they are getting new motor mounts. Mine shakes so bad you can't read the display, unless you give it some throttle. No desire to upgrade next year knowing what they are going to be, unless I don't like this sled.

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
I tried to get warranty on a skidoo once. I always equate warranty with “you get the privilege of begging and/or pleading for warranty.” It was true. I hate begging for warranty and the games dealers/factories play. Sux ballz.
But doo and poo have 4yr warranty..cat prices are lower but also only 1yr warranty. For some it may not matter. But its easier to sell a 2 or 3yr old sled with remaining factory warranty
This is true. 1 year warranty is kinda lame but good for the sled company. In the first year most big things will show up so I guess that’s a bit of comfort. Resale on Cat may be the same or better cuz the supply and demand factor. It’d be cool to see how it plays out.

Last edited:

tenacious84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 19, 2010
Is it me or does the front end look like there is more clearance? Mtn spindles, it has my attention?
pretty sure it is just an optical illusion based on the angle of the photo in an attempt to make it "look" taller

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
An interesting choice to “release” 2021 sleds in October of 2019 ?... hopefully a mountain sled with some changes is released in November.

I like that red and black mountain cat alot.

A two rail “basic” mtn 800 for under 10 would be sweeeet.

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
pretty sure it is just an optical illusion based on the angle of the photo in an attempt to make it "look" taller
The attack angle looks nice and shallower than previous models.

J-Dog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho Falls Id
Looks like Cat is listening they put the lower handle bars and a windshield on the 2022 like you guys wanted:p

Twistgrip

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2012
Agree completely. You add extended warranty and your at the price of the other manufacturer's.

Premium Features