• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New forum format

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
www.midwestproductionmachining.com
I haven't read all 100 posts, but I cannot find a way to delete some of the old "Conversations". I can highlight the ones that I want, but I haven't found anything asking me what to doo with them.

???

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I haven't read all 100 posts, but I cannot find a way to delete some of the old "Conversations". I can highlight the ones that I want, but I haven't found anything asking me what to doo with them.

???
So for the last 10 years all threads and posts get LOCKED into existence after a period of time.
This was done because a few members were going through threads and deleting their posts, which GUTTED threads and destroyed the conversational context.

If there is something that "Needs" to be removed from SnoWest, please just as any of the Moderators for their assistance.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
I am not talking about threads.
What was once known as "Private Messages" seems to now be termed "Conversations" and that is what I would like to clean up.

I completely understand about not being able to edit old posts.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
What was once known as "Private Messages" seems to now be termed "Conversations" and that is what I would like to clean up.

Ahh
OK
This is the first comment about that.
Yes.
Private Messages are now called "Conversations".
Let me go take a look at those settings

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

FOUND IT
Please give it a try and let me know if you have that ability back now.

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
Well, without a link telling me about a new PM, it took me a while to find them.
For those not sure, it is the envelope icon in the TRH corner of your page.

I noticed this time that once I checked the box that a pop(down?) opened up at the bottom of the page asking me what to doo with the checked message, but DELETE was not in the option box. However - there is an empty line item second from the bottom of the option box. I'm guessing that DELETE lives there and it's not enabled?

I am not sure if that pop(down?) opened up before [and I just didn't see it?] or not as it's not overly noticeable?
So not sure if we are gaining or not yet?

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Well, without a link telling me about a new PM, it took me a while to find them.
For those not sure, it is the envelope icon in the TRH corner of your page.

I noticed this time that once I checked the box that a pop(down?) opened up at the bottom of the page asking me what to doo with the checked message, but DELETE was not in the option box. However - there is an empty line item second from the bottom of the option box. I'm guessing that DELETE lives there and it's not enabled?

I am not sure if that pop(down?) opened up before [and I just didn't see it?] or not as it's not overly noticeable?
So not sure if we are gaining or not yet?

I am afraid you might have stumbled across a real bug.
Now that I look at mine, I also have NO WAY to delete any conversations either...

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
Well, here's a new SNAFU that I just found:

Read the link here, and then go read the post that the link takes you to.
They are NOT the same.

???

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah
Well, here's a new SNAFU that I just found:

Read the link here, and then go read the post that the link takes you to.
They are NOT the same.

???

Looks like a combination of post 40 & 41 in that thread. Something's definitely out of alignment there!

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho

Not that I'm one to point out speling erorrs, but I can at least spel Doo.

Also - any chance that our scrolling avitars will work one day, or has that been banned?

Talk about the things you don't see when your not looking
DOO has been fixed!

What is a "Scroling" avitar??
Animated??

Marty UT

Stirring the pot
Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2007
Utah

Not that I'm one to point out speling erorrs, but I can at least spel Doo.

Also - any chance that our scrolling avitars will work one day, or has that been banned?

Um.....not to be a dick, but you may want to check your OWN "speling" when criticizing the spelling of others! ;) :ROFLMAO:

......and @christopher, yeah you should probably fix that! ?

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
Um.....not to be a dick, but you may want to check your OWN "speling" when criticizing the spelling of others! ;) :ROFLMAO:

......and @christopher, yeah you should probably fix that! ?

ShortBus.jpg

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Why am I all of a sudden git'n bombarded with Google ads on this site?
I paid my doos.

When did the ads begin appearing??
I know we have been doing a LOT of coding on the No-Ads feature this afternoon so it’s possible we broke something and didn’t realize it

Ox

Snowest's Axe Murderer
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jul 8, 2001
NW Ohio
Not sure, but I'm now seeing a mix of paid sledding ads and some that doo not seem applicable.

TRH corner has Indy Dan toggling with Tracks USA

Below that I have one is "Ad Choice"

Next down I have Arctic FX - toggling with BCA Tracker S

BRH corner is a Google Ad. [edit] but now has an ad for the Utah Snowmachine Show... (???)

At the bottom of the scroll page I have an Xcentric Mold ad for plastic injection molded parts. That looks like another AdChoice ad.

And then covering up the bottom of the screen - all accrost the screen, I have a Google ad (actually labeled so) but at least it is a Ski Doo ad.

OK - the SkiDoo ad along the bottom has changed to sumpthing irrelevant, and it seems to be an AdChoice ad now?
I know that I saw GoogleAds on that banner earlier.

Last night I believe that I had some ads popping covering up content actually. Not just those along the edges.
I'm not seeing those currently.

At least when it's a Doo ad you KNOW that you are gitt'n Bombardiered with ads eh?

Premium Features