• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How much power does the 2020 Arctic cat Alpha make?? SEE HERE!

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
And then you realize top numbers are just for marketting and always sold machines even tho they sucked with a peaky powerband....you keep impressing me...

The whole thing is marketing and you got suckered! The top numbers look real to me and when clutched properly you can run on those numbers, pretty simple and straightforward. So show me the impressive midrange NUMBERS from the old and the new. I bet the ctech doesn't beat the zuk by more than the margin of error.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Buy you up a dynotech subscription for $30 and see the midrange numbers yer self cheap ass. Hp numbers from all sleds from the last 20 years for your nonbelieving midrange thick skull. Haha

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Buy you up a dynotech subscription for $30 and see the midrange numbers yer self cheap ass. Hp numbers from all sleds from the last 20 years for your nonbelieving midrange thick skull. Haha

Oh yeah, did they do all the pulls starting at 5000 rpm or just test the peak power like the video they posted? Because the graph posted doesn't show the midrange. I would assume none of them do since it is a stupid pojnt to try and make to begin with. Cracks me up trying to watch you guys justify this when your source doesn't even test for it... Ooops!

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
The dynotech numbers start around 6500rpm.
You gotta be trolling this thread though. No one can be this dumb.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
The dynotech numbers start around 6500rpm.
You gotta be trolling this thread though. No one can be this dumb.

So how do you know the midrange is better if they don't really start the test until the sled is running on the top end?

Dead serious about this. I can't believe people buy some of the crap they read here. The facts remain... You can not run your sled in the midrange under WOT which is the ONLY way you are going to benefit from increased midrange power. Sleds just do not operate WOT in the midrange making the whole argument of improved midrange the real joke. Doesn't show up in the dyno tests, can't run your sled in the midrange at WOT anyway. What I can't understand is the number of people so blind to the obvious...

So... once again, let us review. Clutches engage at ~4000 rpm, sleds top out at ~8000 rpm which would by definition make 6000 rpm the midrange and the dyno test you are all wanting to use to support your contention DOESN'T EVEN MEASURE MIDRANGE POWER. How freaking hilarious is that? So far the best evidence for your side is a couple of guys claiming they can feel it. LOL

john6719

Premium Member
Dec 25, 2014
So how do you know the midrange is better if they don't really start the test until the sled is running on the top end?

Dead serious about this. I can't believe people buy some of the crap they read here. The facts remain... You can not run your sled in the midrange under WOT which is the ONLY way you are going to benefit from increased midrange power. Sleds just do not operate WOT in the midrange making the whole argument of improved midrange the real joke. Doesn't show up in the dyno tests, can't run your sled in the midrange at WOT anyway. What I can't understand is the number of people so blind to the obvious...

So... once again, let us review. Clutches engage at ~4000 rpm, sleds top out at ~8000 rpm which would by definition make 6000 rpm the midrange and the dyno test you are all wanting to use to support your contention DOESN'T EVEN MEASURE MIDRANGE POWER. How freaking hilarious is that? So far the best evidence for your side is a couple of guys claiming they can feel it. LOL

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
I guess the way I look at it.... If I am riding around with the throttle at a certain position that is not WO and I'm going x MPH, constantly, at some RPM and a person next to me has the same sled, weighs the same, etc. but with a different tune that makes more HP in the mid-range, then what is required to go x MPH will require less RPM and subsequently less throttle because his sled creates more power than my sled in the midrange but if we were to both go to WO then our sleds would perform the same because at WO and peak HP our sled perform the same.

kanedog

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Hey Joey Strub, will you be posting dyno numbers with the new fuel controller?

J-Dog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho Falls Id
All I can say is try to clutch a sled with no midrange power for mountain riding it’s not fun. I’m not saying it can’t be done you just don’t get as good of a result.

Sxrlar

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Wisconsin
It’s been 10 years and we are still trying to get back to the HP of the 2010 M8. For the next revision, after this 2020 update, they may as well go bigger displacement. I own both, my 18 early release with the original mapping runs very well, and I’ve been happy with it, but If people want a legit 168+ HP we are going to need a bigger motor, that’s just reality.
Truth!

Premium Features