• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New forum format

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Thats what I was wondering... Arent you supposed to know that?
Whenever the opportunity presents itself for a user to have more control over their experience in the forums, we give that control over to the Premium Members. but, there are quite literally HUNDREDS of permission settings for each different user class. So since the only thing that I see that is starkly different between your account and mine is that you are a Free Member, and I am a Premium Member, I am just talking a guess here that THAT is in fact the difference.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Christopher:cool: Don't know why you went thru the headaches but ... Thank you.?
because just like all of the members, I spend a LOT of my free time here and I felt the Inadequacies of the old code even more than the average member did.
We needed this upgrade BADLY even though its going to cause me headaches for months as we get this place built back up to the same level of custom functionality we had before.

In the end I am SURE it will have been well worth it!!

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
Just got time to check this out been a long summer. I don't care for the black screen it's hard on my eyes maybe cause I'm old but I will try to get used to it but I'm afraid we are going to loose members with all these changes I don't like starting over.

05rmksteve

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Sep 5, 2008
Brainerd, MN
Just got time to check this out been a long summer. I don't care for the black screen it's hard on my eyes maybe cause I'm old but I will try to get used to it but I'm afraid we are going to loose members with all these changes I don't like starting over.
You can change the back ground color by scrolling to the bottom of the page and selecting the ULX pro box (bottom left hand corner) select ULX Pro light.

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
I'm down with it, be cool if we could get a couple more styles though. I believe they are pretty easy to download and add. I'm all about dark mode but the blue on black is a little hard on my old eyes. I can't do the white anymore, to 2010. ;)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I'm down with it, be cool if we could get a couple more styles though. I believe they are pretty easy to download and add. I'm all about dark mode but the blue on black is a little hard on my old eyes. I can't do the white anymore, to 2010. ;)
The different color templates is a BEAR to manage.
All of the graphics have to be built to display properly on the background.
I am not sure we are in a position to support MORE than the Light & Dark options at this time.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
The different color templates is a BEAR to manage.
All of the graphics have to be built to display properly on the background.
I am not sure we are in a position to support MORE than the Light & Dark options at this time.

I think with all the complaints about black background the light should be the default. I bet alot of people stop by , and say fug this without knowing they can change it.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I think with all the complaints about black background the light should be the default. I bet alot of people stop by , and say fug this without knowing they can change it.
My plan is to conduct a poll once we get a good chunk of the members back online.
Whatever the majority votes, I will make as the default.

NorthMNSledder

Trail Coordinator
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ham Lake / Lake of the Woods, MN
As long as we can change ours and it stays I don't care what it is....because I can just change it back to dark if needed. The dark is much easier on my eyes then the white. But I also look at Snowest on large monitors so maybe that is why I don;t care for the white. Way to bright.

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
Sorry, but not a fan of it at all yet either. Don’t like the black background. For me it’s harder to read. But the biggest problem I have is not being able to navigate. For instance, if I click on fouled plug, then click on jokes or anything, it will take me to the first or last page, but will not let me click on another page? Also just to be able to reply here, I had to open tapitalk, or whatever it’s called then close it before it would let me reply. Weird stuff.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
As long you are taking a poll see how many want the shout box. Getting tired of having to close it all the time!
that one is a HARD PROBLEM to solve.
What we need is a BETTER CHATBOX module, and so far I have NOT been able to find one.
But trying to hand code it so YOU can turn it OFF permanently IS ON MY LIST.
Hang in there, I do NOT know if it can be done yet, but may have an answer for you by the end of the week:)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Sorry, but not a fan of it at all yet either. Don’t like the black background. For me it’s harder to read. But the biggest problem I have is not being able to navigate. For instance, if I click on fouled plug, then click on jokes or anything, it will take me to the first or last page, but will not let me click on another page? Also just to be able to reply here, I had to open tapitalk, or whatever it’s called then close it before it would let me reply. Weird stuff.
So you do know YOU can chose the WHITE background or the DARK one in your own settings and it will stay that way,. RIGHT?

Aa for the posting.
On my iPhone I use TAPA and have not run into anything like what you are describing to me?
Tapa is a commercial aftermarket company that offers a generic forum interface.
We have almost ZERO control over the user experience.

But the new forums SHOULD run pretty well on your phone/tablet in their native mode now.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I think the new site is difficult to use. There is just too much stuff going on.
Even with the old site I said there was WAY too many places to post stuff. Why do we need 100+ forum and another 100+ sub-forums? Seems crazy. We could do away with 75% of this stuff and not be out anything.

deanross

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
Cody WY
So you do know YOU can chose the WHITE background or the DARK one in your own settings and it will stay that way,. RIGHT?

Aa for the posting.
On my iPhone I use TAPA and have not run into anything like what you are describing to me?
Tapa is a commercial aftermarket company that offers a generic forum interface.
We have almost ZERO control over the user experience.

But the new forums SHOULD run pretty well on your phone/tablet in their native mode now.
I finally figured out why it wouldn’t let me navigate. At the bottom of each page it was asking me to open in tapatalk or stay on safari. As soon as I clicked on stay on safari, it let me open any of the pages I want to. So I was able to read the first 3 pages on this subject and walla!! I saw how to change to a white background. Which I did and like it much better. I couldn’t even see the option on the first few pages about the white or black background. Life is good now. Thanks for all your hard work and hopefully we will all get the kinks worked out on our own devices and love it.

Premium Features